• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, OnlineTony bodied Toxy pretty bad. He actually should have won 4 rounds to none but dropped a combo and proceeded to fall apart in the 2nd match before coming back to win the 3rd match convincingly. Clearly that GAF training aided Tony in this match.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Sagat's episode is complete:

SF4 Biweekly TACV 17: Sagat

Ended up with a eight combos. He was a lot more interesting than i expected. Hope you guys enjoy it. Sorry i haven't been around much, but i'm pretty sure all the previous episodes have been posted anyway.

Rocwell

Holey shirts at that death combo on seth. The ultra > super setup on rose was pretty sick too.

How much of the SFIV cast is left? I know Maj was getting close to being finished a few videos ago.

:Edit:

I think that just leaves Guile and Seth. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of crazy technology Maj has for these two :D

Satyamdas

Banned
Rocwell said:
Holey shirts at that death combo on seth. The ultra > super setup on rose was pretty sick too.

How much of the SFIV cast is left? I know Maj was getting close to being finished a few videos ago.

:Edit:

I think that just leaves Guile and Seth. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of crazy technology Maj has for these two :D
I like how you're responding to Maj himself but referencing him as if he is somewhere else.

Derp. Almost forgot... Sick video as usual. O_O

Rocwell

Satyamdas said:
I like how you're responding to Maj himself but referencing him as if he is somewhere else.

Derp. Almost forgot... Sick video as usual. O_O
He doesn't post a lot on GAF so I was not expecting a response.

Also if you want to get technical he IS in fact somewhere else :X

Pandaaaaa I miss your hakan/sakura :(

USD

Combofiend takes with Makoto in the second set.

Not many Super tournaments left. There's UFGT this weekend, then WNF next week. After that, Super is dead.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Rocwell said:
Yup those are the only two, but then i have to do a bunch of revisions and bonus stuff for the DVD, so i'll be at this for a while yet.

I haven't really played around with either Seth or Guile. I'll have to watch a lot of Seth combovids to see what has and hasn't been done already. Guile's kind of a different story because i've been looking forward to it for a while, plus tool-assistance is more of a game-changer with charge characters than almost any other class.

But it might be a little while before i get around to Guile because it's officially "time to deal with Evo projects" o'clock.

USD

Daigo isn't going to CEO because he fears the Beast Coast. When's the last time he's been to a tourney on the East Coast? And compare Daigo's performance from Season's Beatings Redemption to all the West Coast tournaments he's gone to in the past year. Yeah that's right. Can't handle that hype factor.

But seriously, if I were to hazard a guess, he's probably going to ReveLAtions for the money. He hasn't been going to any majors, so Evo points are a total non-factor. He's played Arcade Edition more than anyone else in the world, why not use that advantage and go for the biggest prize? And I guess he does have more "familiarity" with the West Coast, plus it is closer to Japan.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oh god I how hate Cammy....

Rocky tell me how to win against a 5k pp cammy pls...

Axis

Corky said:
Balrog

edit : nvm something happened, 20% of my buttons are now no longer functional

lol makes sense!

that matchuup is really easy for balrog...lockdown with jabs and c.fp any divekick attempts

c.mp also AA's divekicks

Axis

Corky said:
No I meant I had a momentary lapse of sanity and my pad flew into my desk at a speed of 25 000Gs

c'mon...i punch my stick sometimes but that's about it...throwing things costs money!

Corky

Axis said:
c'mon...i punch my stick sometimes but that's about it...throwing things costs money!

Fuck money, my wrist is broken now from having the same fate as the pad ( which I didn't throw, I slammed it :( ). I need to get this animal rage under control.

*adds another pad to the r.i.p list*

Corky said:
Oh god I how hate Cammy....

Rocky tell me how to win against a 5k pp cammy pls...

Lame it out. Neutral jump HP is great against dive kicks and also both (b/f) j.HPs. c.HP is hard to time sometimes so I only do it if they get up high enough. Footsies with c.HK, s.HK, s.LP and c.LP. It is annoying if you're against a good cammy, but it isn't that hard. Just needs a lot of blocking and patience.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Lame it out. Neutral jump HP is great against dive kicks and also both (b/f) j.HPs. c.HP is hard to time sometimes so I only do it if they get up high enough. Footsies with c.HK, s.HK, s.LP and c.LP. It is annoying if you're against a good cammy, but it isn't that hard. Just needs a lot of blocking and patience.

This.

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:

Well that explains why it ended 5-0 to him...
Had no idea cammy was supposedly an "easy" matchup for rog, the dude ( granted he is on another skill level, but still ) exposed my lame rog.

Corky said:
Well that explains why it ended 5-0 to him...
Had no idea cammy was supposedly an "easy" matchup for rog, the dude ( granted he is on another skill level, but still ) exposed my lame rog.
What was his GT?

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
What was his GT?

Ikillubarcelona, I've played him before and could win against his guile and vega ( his mains I believe ? ) but his cammy made my brain melt. Again maybe he isn't fucking Alioune but I've got problems against Cammy in general.

SmokeMaxX

Kadey said:
The reason Daigo isn't going to CEO is because he wasn't going to be accommodated for the trip.
I imagine it's mostly for the HUGE pot associated with it. Otherwise he probably wouldn't have come because he wanted to do some hyperbolic training for Evo (another huge pot). That's my guess why he's been so secretive lately, because he really wants dat fight money.

There's been talks from our venue about getting Daigo to attend ARK IV (depending on circumstances) but we'll have to get into contact with Mad Catz and that's been impossible these past few weeks it seems.

I'm a little confused about Daigo and Mad Catz relationship. Sometimes it seems like they take care of his trip to overseas tournaments. Other times it kind of sounds like he has to pay his own way. I'm not expecting MarkMan to shine in on this, but it just sounds a little confusing at times.

Marn did address a lot of things about how sponsors work so we're not left completely in the dark. Oh and Smokemaxx, if you get Daigo there then I'll be there

maybe

Corky said:
Ikillubarcelona, I've played him before and could win against his guile and vega ( his mains I believe ? ) but his cammy made my brain melt. Again maybe he isn't fucking Alioune but I've got problems against Cammy in general.

Yeah Ive played against him a few times. I don't remember if I faced his Cammy, but I hate his Guile. He is definitely one of those players when you have to be patient.

SmokeMaxX

Rice-Eater said:
I'm a little confused about Daigo and Mad Catz relationship. Sometimes it seems like they take care of his trip to tournaments overseas tournaments. Other times it kind of sounds like he has to pay his own way. I'm not expecting MarkMan to shine in on this, but it just sounds a little confusing at times.

Marn did address a lot of things about how sponsors work so we're not left completely in the dark about how these things work. Oh and Smokemaxx, if you get Daigo there then I'll be there

maybe
I imagine it depends. In our experience with sponsored players, sponsors will usually cater to the player as long as the request isn't unreasonable (good sized tournament, adequate notice (don't tell the sponsors 3 days before the tournament starts), good exposure). For ARK III, our community had to chip in to get EG Justin Wong here due to some miscommunication on SRK (and the illuminati lol).

Also, I'd have to talk to both our venue and Mad Catz to get Daigo here (fingers crossed). I know our venue was definitely interested in it and the guy who owns the place loves fighting games. He hinted that he would probably be willing to help financially support Daigo's plane ticket or something, but we haven't talked about it in too much detail. And EG Justin Wong said he'd probably be attending our tournament as well, barring any unforeseen scheduling conflict. It'd be really nice to have both of them in the building. Hopefully they can both come as well as GAF Rice-Eater ;).

But like I said, I'd have to get in touch with Mad Catz and Markman (who mentioned in the SRK Arkansas thread that he'd be interested in coming as well a few months ago) about it first, and that's been quite difficult lately haha. But it's cool, he's a busy guy and they're a busy company. I'm sure they have a lot of exciting things in the works that they're getting ready to pump out. We'll just have to wait in line haha.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
USD said:
Daigo isn't going to CEO because he fears the Beast Coast. When's the last time he's been to a tourney on the East Coast? And compare Daigo's performance from Season's Beatings Redemption to all the West Coast tournaments he's gone to in the past year. Yeah that's right. Can't handle that hype factor.

But seriously, if I were to hazard a guess, he's probably going to ReveLAtions for the money. He hasn't been going to any majors, so Evo points are a total non-factor. He's played Arcade Edition more than anyone else in the world, why not use that advantage and go for the biggest prize? And I guess he does have more "familiarity" with the West Coast, plus it is closer to Japan.

This is all speculation. USD I <3 you but your post and the real reasons why he's attending ReveLAtions over CEO are simply not the case. I know it was a post in jest, but yeah I just wish people stopped looking into this so much.

^.^

MarkMan said:
LEAVE DAIGO ALONE, LEAVE HIM ALOOOONNNNEEE

^.^

FIXED

Ok but seriously I'll stop the speculation. I'm just glad he's coming to US tournaments again. We only have a small handful of his Yun matches. We should get plenty at this tournaments.

As for Daigo and other Japanese players having or not having EVO points, I think they'll matter more to the Americans who have points then the Japanese players who don't. Imagine being Wolfkrone and placing high in all these tournaments and coming out as the top points getter and then they throw someone like Daigo or Nemo in your pool because they just needed to fill in the slots somewhere.

So I gave MvC3 my best shot. But 20 or so hours in and it's just not very much fun for me, so I'm coming back to SSFIV starting with AE. Is there a site that has a one page comprehensive list of all the AE tweaks? I've been searching for AE changes and all the top hits are just listing a couple of characters at a time since that is how Capcom dribbled out the release info. Is there a place that gets it all together for all the characters without having to browse all over the place?

edit1: Thanks!

edit2: Heh, they totally nerfed all the cheese tactics that I used to use in super from each of my mains. No LP AA Honda headbutt, longer recovery on Cosmic Heel, and no magical get off me soul satellite. Luckily I was planning on maining someone new for AE anyways, probably pick back up with trying to learn Chun-Li and maybe I'll toss in Cammy as well since I was never quick enough on the sticks to TKCS so that loss doesn't hurt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom