• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheFightingFish said:
So I gave MvC3 my best shot. But 20 or so hours in and it's just not very much fun for me, so I'm coming back to SSFIV starting with AE. Is there a site that has a one page comprehensive list of all the AE tweaks? I've been searching for AE changes and all the top hits are just listing a couple of characters at a time since that is how Capcom dribbled out the release info. Is there a place that gets it all together for all the characters without having to browse all over the place?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426683

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Why don't sponsors and sponsored players talk about their sponsorships openly? It seems like secrecy for the sake of secrecy. Is it all about trying to look glamorous or something?

From what i understand, most sponsors only provide traveling costs and free t-shirts. What's so damn scandalous about that? Just say it so everyone can be on the same page. Then maybe we won't have all these kids dreaming of getting sponsored like it's a real career. I mean it's cool that we get to have Daigo and Justin traveling to more tournaments now, so i guess sponsorships might be benefiting the community? But how are we supposed to accept it as an automatic positive without knowing any of the facts?

Whenever someone gets asked a direct question about it during an interview or whatever, and they ramble out some vague political answer - i honestly can't help losing some respect for them. It's seriously painful to watch.

Anyway i don't want to make a big deal out of this or make anyone's life difficult, but i'm definitely looking forward to reading MarkMan's tell-all autobiography in 5 years. Just wish there was a way to speed up the process.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kadey should start sponsoring players with that big wad of cash she has. Want to see GAF AZ Greg and GAF Satyamdas blowing people up offline.

SmokeMaxX

Majestros said:
Why don't sponsors and sponsored players talk about their sponsorships openly? It seems like secrecy for the sake of secrecy. Is it all about trying to look glamorous or something?
Speculation on my part, but I imagine it's because sponsoring fighting game players is completely new to a lot of companies. They don't want to waste their money paying people more than their market value and market value can only increase once you start publishing contractual details. It'd lead to a bidding war so instead of Player X getting free trips + $12k (for example), they'd be offered free trips + $25k.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
Kadey should start sponsoring players with that big wad of cash she has. Want to see GAF AZ Greg and GAF Satyamdas blowing people up offline.

GAF Vex

would not work :(

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Majestros said:

From what i understand, most sponsors only provide traveling costs and free t-shirts. What's so damn scandalous about that? Just say it so everyone can be on the same page. Then maybe we won't have all these kids dreaming of getting sponsored like it's a real career. I mean it's cool that we get to have Daigo and Justin traveling to more tournaments now, so i guess sponsorships might be benefiting the community? But how are we supposed to accept it as an automatic positive without knowing any of the facts?

Whenever someone gets asked a direct question about it during an interview or whatever, and they ramble out some vague political answer - i honestly can't help losing some respect for them. It's seriously painful to watch.

Anyway i don't want to make a big deal out of this or make anyone's life difficult, but i'm definitely looking forward to reading MarkMan's tell-all autobiography in 5 years. Just wish there was a way to speed up the process.

Ive always been interested in what goes on behind the scenes with the sponsorships for sure. It's not really any of my business, though I'd really like to know what drives players like Marn and Filipino Champ etc to leave their sponsors as well.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How do you guys do FADC on a stick? I've had a stick for a week now and it's one of the last hurdles I have left to over come

XenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
How do you guys do FADC on a stick? I've had a stick for a week now and it's one of the last hurdles I have left to over come
What part are you having trouble with specifically? The dash? The follow up?

Tashi

XenoRaven said:
What part are you having trouble with specifically? The dash? The follow up?
The finger positioning of actually hitting the two buttons and then switching to either maybe do another DP or back dashing and hitting the Ultra.

I play Cammy btw.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Majestros said:

Didn't something come out about Tokido and Gamerbee's sponsorship with Traveling Circus? They get $1,000 for every 200 shirts that are sold, or something along those lines, I don't remember it being a great deal.

Aruarian Reflection said:
Didn't something come out about Tokido and Gamerbee's sponsorship with Traveling Circus? They get $1,000 for every 200 shirts that are sold, or something along those lines, I don't remember it being a great deal.
That really blows if true.

XenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
The finger positioning of actually hitting the two buttons and then switching to either maybe do another DP or back dashing and hitting the Ultra.

I play Cammy btw.
Honestly, this might sound like a canned answer, but really whatever is comfortable for you and allows you to hit the buttons fast enough. I pretty much always hit my FA with my thumb and middle finger. I don't know which dp Cammy players normally use but messing around by myself just now I did lk dp with my thumb, then just moved my thumb over to mk really fast and hit mp with my middle for the FA. For mk dp I just tap mk twice with my thumb and just add mp the second time for the FA. Then for hk dp I leave my thumb by mk, hit hk with my ring finger then quickly hit mp and mk with my middle and thumb.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll sponsor people with the following conditions.

°Curfew. Not allowed out the house pass 8. Bedtime at 10.
°Not allowed to listen to any music other than anime soundtracks.
°No sex for one week prior to any tournaments. Not even with yourself.
°Only allowed to wear Hawaiian shirts during off days.
°No tv other than reality shows, cooking shows or telemundo.
°Must post at least one comment on very single IPW news posting.
°Must call every top player Lord.

P.S. Starting an endless soon.

Tashi

XenoRaven said:
Honestly, this might sound like a canned answer, but really whatever is comfortable for you and allows you to hit the buttons fast enough. I pretty much always hit my FA with my thumb and middle finger. I don't know which dp Cammy players normally use but messing around by myself just now I did lk dp with my thumb, then just moved my thumb over to mk really fast and hit mp with my middle for the FA. For mk dp I just tap mk twice with my thumb and just add mp the second time for the FA. Then for hk dp I leave my thumb by mk, hit hk with my ring finger then quickly hit mp and mk with my middle and thumb.
Thanks!

Aruarian Reflection said:

More like $1000 for 250 shirts. It was Marn who shed light on this. TTC came to them about it and told him that he would receive $4 for every shirt bought using his name, which sells for about $25. So basically Gamerbee and Tokido are getting 16% of the cut from there T shirts. The fighting game community is not that big either so I can't imagine that they're rolling in cash right now. It's probably just some loose change for them.

Kadey said:

3sAlN.jpg

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Spiderjericho said:
He doesn't seem to be an online warrior, especially with having to deal with Hopeless.

And Art came close to claiming the prize in the last tourney/bracket.

That was Adnan playing on Arts account, Art is in the 4th bracket.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Kadey said:

BUT MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conceited said:
Latif takes the tourney, at least that means there won't be any Vipers for the next 2 weeks.

What? You mean if you win you are temporarily banned?

Since Latif won today, I guess Krone won last week then?

Conceited said:
Latif takes the tourney, at least that means there won't be any Vipers for the next 2 weeks.

It's stupid seeing the anti-viper sentiment in the chat. I remember when Peaceful Jay's started, no one said anything about the character...considering Jay himself was trying to learn her.

Ryu instead was shit on.

DryEyeRelief said:
It's stupid seeing the anti-viper sentiment in the chat. I remember when Peaceful Jay's started, no one said anything about the character...considering Jay himself was trying to learn her.

Ryu instead was shit on.

Give it a few weeks. It'll shift to Yun/Yang and maybe Oni/Evil Ryu.

I wonder if all these online warriors will go to Evo, and see if their online success can translate to off line.

Satyamdas

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:

Ryu instead was shit on.
Wiper wasn't being shit on when PJS started because Latif and Krone weren't there going on 100+ game win streaks, and Wolfkrone hadn't started on his domination of every tourney he entered. Back then it was Lamer, Grimmmz, and Valle who would streak the most and they rarely got above 20 or so. And Ryu was being shit on because every 3rd player used him, not because he was perceived to be overpowered and cheap like Viper.

That said, I agree the anti-Wiper sentiment is a bit much, but a lot of it has to do with Latif being a pompous egomaniac and so Latif is being trolled as much as Viper is. But being the biggest Wiper hater/crybaby around, I have to admit that seeing the stream monster hate for her warms my scrubby heart a bit. ^_^

Banana Ken and Latif just played a FT10 and I'm really loving BK's anti Viper technology. He was pretty amazing in this set with options to beat all the usual "I never block on wake up" Viper tactics. Option Select DP to beat instant burn kicks/EX seismo and kara DP to catch back dash and probably some other stuff that I see but just can't comprehend yet until someone points it out to me. Pretty inspiring to see these tactics applied very successfully, I only weep because I don't think I can ever get to a level where I can do this stuff consistently let alone even have the confidence to try it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTbvEise1CE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDYIpfMPrZo

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rice-Eater said:
What? You mean if you win you are temporarily banned?

Since Latif won today, I guess Krone won last week then?

Yeah, Krone won last week. If you win you are banned from entry for a month in order to keep the same people winning the cash every week.

_dementia said:
Fist of the North Star always looked like a blast to me. I'll buy it whenever I can get a deal on it.

the offense in this game looks so fun. Hate the instant KOs though, but then again...it fits perfectly with the "you're already dead" theme, lol.

BotoxAgent said:
the offense in this game looks so fun. Hate the instant KOs though, but then again...it fits perfectly with the "you're already dead" theme, lol.
Its not an instant KO though. You have to break the opponent's Stars of destiny and light up the death star to be able to use your finisher. You can only break 3-4 max in one round unless your opponent is a retard just mashing shit and you have to set it up as they all have a absurd startup

AkumaHokoru said:
Its not an instant KO though. You have to break the opponent's Stars of destiny and light up the death star to be able to use your finisher. You can only break 3-4 max in one round unless your opponent is a retard just mashing shit and you have to set it up as they all have a absurd startup

thanks for clarifying. I already forgot how this game works. I think I will play around with this game this weekend.

XenoRaven

Satyamdas said:
Wiper wasn't being shit on when PJS started because Latif and Krone weren't there going on 100+ game win streaks, and Wolfkrone hadn't started on his domination of every tourney he entered. Back then it was Lamer, Grimmmz, and Valle who would streak the most and they rarely got above 20 or so. And Ryu was being shit on because every 3rd player used him, not because he was perceived to be overpowered and cheap like Viper.

That said, I agree the anti-Wiper sentiment is a bit much, but a lot of it has to do with Latif being a pompous egomaniac and so Latif is being trolled as much as Viper is. But being the biggest Wiper hater/crybaby around, I have to admit that seeing the stream monster hate for her warms my scrubby heart a bit. ^_^
Now if only everyone in the stream chat hated Dhalsim, my life would be complete. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom