• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Rocwell said:
Yeah Fei has a couple of hit confirms or varying difficulty.

cr. lk xx s. lp, cr. lp xx rekkas is probably his easiest but it whiffs on some crouching characters. This one is also nice for practicing how to combo after chicken wing, since you can plink the cr. lk it makes this about a 3 frame link.
cl. mp, cr. lp xx rekkas is also a pretty easy link and easy to hit confirm but you have to be close for it.
cr. mp, cr. lp xx rekkas is a decent quick punish
cr. lk xx cr. lk xx cr. lk, cr. lp xx rekkas is a one frame link, the rekkas won't come out if you chain the jab
cr. lk xx cl. lk, cr. lp xx rekkas is also a one framer but it kind of works as a frame trap

If you're not confident in hitting your links you can use jab for the first rekka, confirm you hit and then do the rest. the jab rekka is only -4 on block and can be safe depending on your spacing
I've never put plinking into practice since Goukenn has no useful plinkable combos, but since picking up Dud and fei I need to put plinking to use. But I've always thought you can't plink light attacks or no am I misunderstanding? I need to find a plinking tutorial.

Fei's hit confirms seem so tight. It seems so much harder then Shoto hit confirms. I also have so much trouble doing rekka's consistently. Which is probably why I probably won't play Yang too much in AE since mantis slash is very integral to his game.

EDIT: You can plink LK with LP, but it's kind of awkward since the buttons are on top of each other instead of beside each other. And you can actually plink LP with the select button, but that's extremely impractical. Anybody who can do that reliably must have some sick execution.

The awkwardness is the same reason why I don't attempt Ken's kara DP. I did map the LB button to MK to try in training mode, which made it a piece of cake. But I don't think most tournaments(especially EVO) allows this type of button mapping so I don't even bother with it.

Rocwell

Imm0rt4l said:
I've never put plinking into practice since Gouekn has no useful plinkable combos, but since picking up Dud and fei I need to put plinking to use. But I've always thought you can't plink light attacks or no am I misunderstanding? I need to find a plinking tutorial.
cr. lk is the only one you can plink because of how the crouch tech works. You press lk~lp and in training mode with inputs on you'll see:

(down) lk
(down) lp lk

You can practice linking low shorts this way with bison or zangief

:Edit:

@Rice_Eater

Isn't that what button checks are for? I thought that any way you can configure your buttons in the control menu was fine? I've seen quite a few streams where people comment about a player who uses an unusual button config. You can have 3p, 3k, lp+lk, mp+mk, hp+hk mapped to a single button if you want, I don't see why putting mk on the shoulder button would be banned.

Threi

notag
DeeJay AE frame data finally gets released! :D

Notable changes:

1. st. MP...DEM ACTIVE FRAMES

2. cr. mp does a nice bit of damage now...now the 1 frame is actually worth the trouble, meanwhile he now gets options for guaranteed (albeit lower) damage in st.mk and cr.lk xx special.

3. speaking of st.mk, definitely his biggest change. No longer punishable on hit :D first hit cancelable, and conveniently the first hit now does more damage than it used to.

4. Sobat FADC. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

5. His slide no longer has insanely, ridiculously, head-scratchingly bad recovery time anymore. (It recovers 5 frames faster, is active for 3 more frames)

Gunna be a bit trickier to use as an anti-air, but it will be better as a meaty ground move.

So overall his normals are still pretty poor, but Capcom threw DeeJay players a bone. Can't complain at all :D

Axis

Rocwell said:
cr. lk is the only one you can plink because of how the crouch tech works. You press lk~lp and in training mode with inputs on you'll see:

(down) lk
(down) lp lk

You can practice linking low shorts this way with bison or zangief

:Edit:

@Rice_Eater

Isn't that what button checks are for? I thought that any way you can configure your buttons in the control menu was fine? I've seen quite a few streams where people comment about a player who uses an unusual button config. You can have 3p, 3k, lp+lk, mp+mk, hp+hk mapped to a single button if you want, I don't see why putting mk on the shoulder button would be banned.

generally you can't have macro's like lp+lk mp+mk set at tourneys AFAIK

Well I'm not sure how prevalent it is, but some tournaments specifically state no extra button mapping outside of the 6 standard buttons and maybe 3k/3p. But if the local tournaments around here allow it, I'll start mapping the should button to MK just so I can take advantage of some kara specials for Ken.

Axis

Professor Beef said:
Yeah you can. The problem lies when you have macros like qcf+p, not simple macros that the game hands to you, like 3P or lk+lp.

no, most tournaments explicitly state that you CAN'T have a throw or focus macro...you can't be serious right now

Satyamdas

Banned
Axis said:
no, most tournaments explicitly state that you CAN'T have a throw or focus macro...you can't be serious right now
Uhhhh. Pad players have throw macros all day, son. Button binding is fine, it's macros that involve motions that are not allowed at all.

Neki

Axis said:
that'd be weird if they didn't let me have a 3 punch macro, that's what I use in marvel for dashing, A+B+C. :O

Axis said:
Which tournaments are you even talking about? Every single tournament I've ever been to - including EVO - allows button mapping. It's motion binding that's forbidden.

jns

lol, toxy using the all button non-stick? nice to see one being used
[edit] ToXy was the first person I played super against. Got the game a few days early because a shop in Aus got the US version, jumped on live straight away and found an Aussie endless room. I went Cody, toxy went guy and raped me, then he went Akuma and I felt like taking the game back.

Axis

Professor Beef said:
Which tournaments are you even talking about? Every single tournament I've ever been to - including EVO - allows button mapping. It's motion binding that's forbidden.

complete opposite of every tourney i've been to then...which all state up front that you can't macro throw or focus to a single button

Ultimoo said:
that'd be weird if they didn't let me have a 3 punch macro, that's what I use in marvel for dashing, A+B+C. :O

naw i didn't mean 3p/3k macroing as that's always been accepted AFAIK

Kimosabae

Banned
The pad macro stigma is slowly being eroded due to the community wanting to grow. Back in the early 00's, you were a leper if you macro'd your pad buttons.

Anyone wanna play on Live?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Professor Beef said:
You sure the password/username are correct? I had this exact same problem, but never got an error screen when clicking login until I found my correct info.

Yes. Still won't let me login or even get past the login screen. Clicking the login button does nothing. :/

jns

Spiderjericho said:
Online > Australia.

LoL @ this Ultra David commercial. It just screams look at me I'm speaking slow and reading from the prompt.
pfft, 1 week of hitbox training. toxy will prolly win evo with it !!

jns said:
pfft, 1 week of hitbox training. toxy will prolly win evo with it !!
'Well, I respect his hustle. And he's playing with a hitbox better than I with a pad or stick.

And I hope he levels up in time for Daigo, Valle, Air, Infiltration, Laugh, Wolfkrone, etc (hopefully etc includes Ricky O, Filipino Champ, Vangief, Lamerboi, Combofiend, Samurai, etc).

jns

Spiderjericho said:
'Well, I respect his hustle. And he's playing with a hitbox better than I with a pad or stick.

And I hope he levels up in time for Daigo, Valle, Air, Infiltration, Laugh, Wolfkrone, etc (hopefully etc includes Ricky O, Filipino Champ, Vangief, Lamerboi, Combofiend, Samurai, etc).
I asume thats his reasons for going to the US. The depth and level over there is obviously far greater than over here.

Makoto

PSN Store is up and the second complete costume pack for Super isn't up. What is this Capcom? First the AE PC DRM and now this? WTF IS THIS.

Busaiku said:
There's one thing I never understood about Fei Long.
Why doesn't he have the yellow tracksuit as an alt?

I think Capcom is purposely avoiding that iconic Bruce Lee outfit because it's been over done.

Satyamdas

Banned
Busaiku said:
There's one thing I never understood about Fei Long.
Why doesn't he have the yellow tracksuit as an alt?
IMAG0090.jpg

Because that yellow tracksuit shit is played out. Kato, Tax Man/Pimp Suit Fei, and Enter the Dragon/Claw marks on chest Fei are great choices. Plus his original outfit is dope too.

vidal said:
PSN Store is up and the second complete costume pack for Super isn't up. What is this Capcom? First the AE PC DRM and now this? WTF IS THIS.
You mean the Ultra pack? I saw it up, but only because I haven't bought any of those outfits.

Makoto

Professor Beef said:
You mean the Ultra pack? I saw it up, but only because I haven't bought any of those outfits.
You're right it is up. The other complete pack was what I meant to type. That one isn't up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom