• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

XenoRaven said:
I usually get good results spamming lariat then catching them in an endless loop of spd, green hand to get close then spd again. Against gief I just spam lariat because he will wake up spd if you're close. Against Cammy just spam cr lk. She will spiral arrow and spin knuckle into it over and over and over. It's awesome.

when you gonna be on, fool? i wanna play you in ssf4 or some ggpo game

XenoRaven

Axis said:
when you gonna be on, fool? i wanna play you in ssf4 or some ggpo game
I've been in kadey's endless twice! You're ducking me. It's ok, I understand. You don't want to get beat by my 8 months of rust Chun. :p

If I get on it's usually around 7 PST. I plan on getting on a couple days this week. Just not sure which days.

XenoRaven said:
I usually get good results spamming lariat then catching them in an endless loop of spd, green hand to get close then spd again. Against gief I just spam lariat because he will wake up spd if you're close. Against Cammy just spam cr lk. She will spiral arrow and spin knuckle into it over and over and over. It's awesome.

awesome thanks!

the_log_ride said:
The tenpeat achievement is supposed to be done in an endless lobby.

I am pretty sure...tenpeat is ranked. There's a separate achievement for endless.

Dexa

Banned
notworksafe said:
Yes it is but IIRC you'll need an EU credit card or Euro/Pound PSN card. A gameshare from someone with an EU acount may also work, so you could Paypal some EU person money to buy it for you.

no they are not - EU DLC does not work with US disc

Evo is going to be awesome.
bbtg-promo-big.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
AE disc release will cost 40 bucks?
I couldnt find a single PSN Card today. >8(

Yup $40. I'm actually having the same problem with PSN cards over here. They reassured me they'd have some in stock before June 7, though. I just hope the region 1 DLC works on my region 3 copy of the game. (they only see region 1 PSN cards here)

less than a week!

mbmonk

So AE DLC vs disk

I frequently take games over to a friends house and play on his ps3. Since the dlc is tied to my psn account the disk release is probably my best bet. Correct?

notworksafe

mbmonk said:
So AE DLC vs disk

I frequently take games over to a friends house and play on his ps3. Since the dlc is tied to my psn account the disk release is probably my best bet. Correct?
You could gameshare the DLC, but yeah disc would be easier

Conceited said:
Go to Cedar Point

I went there two weeks ago, my tier list for all the rides I actually rode

S: Maverick
A: Dragster, Millenium Force, Magnum
B: Raptor, Wicked Twister
C: Iron Dragon, Cork Screw
Ass: All the wooden coasters

XenoRaven

Rice-Eater said:
I went there two weeks ago, my tier list for all the rides I actually rode

S: Maverick
A: Dragster, Millenium Force, Magnum
B: Raptor, Wicked Twister
C: Iron Dragon, Cork Screw
Ass: All the wooden coasters
Do they still have the one that goes underwater?

XenoRaven

So is it possible to piano HK Legs so fast that you accidentally plink MK and HK and it gives you EX Legs instead?

I think that is happening to me. If it's possible, how do I avoid it? Be slower? >_>

Rocwell

XenoRaven said:
So is it possible to piano HK Legs so fast that you accidentally plink MK and HK and it gives you EX Legs instead?

I think that is happening to me. If it's possible, how do I avoid it? Be slower? >_>
It's possible, instead of doing piano you can do the slide method. I use that for cr. hp xx hk legs

XenoRaven

Rocwell said:
It's possible, instead of doing piano you can do the slide method. I use that for cr. hp xx hk legs
Yeah. I can do the slide method pretty easily. I'm trying to learn piano method though because I can't do slide when my hands are cold. Plus piano makes plinking the MK Legs, cr. HP link easier for me.

Rocwell

XenoRaven said:
Yeah. I can do the slide method pretty easily. I'm trying to learn piano method though because I can't do slide when my hands are cold. Plus piano makes plinking the MK Legs, cr. HP link easier for me.
Keep practicing then I guess :p I think all you really need to do is make sure the mk and hk aren't plinked, it shouldn't matter if you do plink on buttons 1-4 I think? Or you could buy some gloves and be one of THOSE Chun players, you'd kill two birds with one stone, warm hands and no blisters!

XenoRaven

Rocwell said:
Keep practicing then I guess :p I think all you really need to do is make sure the mk and hk aren't plinked, it shouldn't matter if you do plink on buttons 1-4 I think? Or you could buy some gloves and be one of THOSE Chun players, you'd kill two birds with one stone, warm hands and no blisters!
Man the thought of playing with a glove always crosses my mind but I definitely don't want to be THAT GUY. I'd rather just up my execution. Just gonna have to practice it I guess. Can get cr HP xx HK Legs like 95% of the time with slide and about 10% of the time with piano.

I was looking on SRK and one guy in the thread I'm looking at actually plinks all his inputs for cr HP xx HK Legs. It's really interesting. He hits HP+LK~MP, HK~MP, HK~MP (~ is plinked). Ends up looking like this on the input display:

MP, HK
HK
MP, HK
HK
LK,MP,HP
LK,HP

So he gets his 5 HK all through plinking and it makes the MK Legs, cr HP link easier. It's kind of a cool way of doing it. I may try and do it that way, but I have to quit accidentally hitting MK when I plink the HK~MP because I keep getting a Focus Cancel out of the cr. HP.

Rocwell

XenoRaven said:
I was looking on SRK and one guy in the thread I'm looking at actually plinks all his inputs for cr HP xx HK Legs. It's really interesting. He hits HP+LK~MP, HK~MP, HK~MP (~ is plinked). Ends up looking like this on the input display:

MP, HK
HK
MP, HK
HK
LK,MP,HP
LK,HP
Oh, that's kind of weird so it's LK+HP~MP, HK~MP, HK~MP? When I tried doing the piano method I was doing it like HP, HK, MK, LK, MK, HK which was pretty tough. HK xx HK legs is pretty easy but starting with HP is tough because it changes your hand positioning and your ring finger is quite a bit weaker than ring/index so it takes more training than I'm willing to put into it, but this method looks better since you can use your thumb and index+ring fingers which are stronger and more dexterous. Which they need to be because if you miss one of the three plinks your legs won't come out :lol

I guess after the LK+HP~MP you could just kinda mash HK~MP which is less elegant but if it works you can't argue with results right?

Neki

lol been watching LiangHuBBB's comeback videos for Street Fighter, and I always wonder how salty people get when they're a victim of one, especially after taunting, lawl.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
What's the framedata for balrogs c.lp c.mp link? I'm doing something terribly wrong because it feels easier to do without plinking >_<

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
1 frame link.

bleh, maybe it's because my mind taking X ms extra to remind myself to plink that messes things up for me compared to just go for it and how the 1f connects.

Corky said:
bleh, maybe it's because my mind taking X ms extra to remind myself to plink that messes things up for me compared to just go for it and how the 1f connects.
I always try to plink it, but usually I'm doing it too slowly. It has to be pretty quick. When AE comes, you can do c.lp ~ cs.MP which is 2 frames so it will be easier in that sense. Spacing and hit confirming is tighter though.

zlatko

Banned
I've been slowly playing a little more to get the rust off for when AE drops.

Also, since UFGT I've been messing a lot around with Vampire Savior on GGPO offline against computer. That game is a shit ton of fun even against the A.I just screwing around. I wish I could make GGPO work on my PC. I somehow got it to work on my laptop a few years back, but have no clue even after like 20 tutorials online how to get it to work on my new gaming PC runnings Windows 7.

AE in 4 days. My body is ready. :)

mbmonk

notworksafe said:
You could gameshare the DLC, but yeah disc would be easier

Thanks.

I haven't bought Super yet ( rented it from Gamefly ). So the cost of the disk is a bit more, but the portability I gain is worth it.

Thanks again.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Professor Beef said:
There's no 7-11, Best Buy, Gamestop, or anyplace else to buy them?
Nope.
I only know one importer who gets PSN Cards and theyre out of stock.
I have 10 bucks on my PSN account... damn why did i bought that Hakan alt costume!
Disc Release for me so far.

zlatko

Banned
Fersis said:
Nope.
I only know one importer who gets PSN Cards and theyre out of stock.
I have 10 bucks on my PSN account... damn why did i bought that Hakan alt costume!
Disc Release for me so far.

Is there anyway someone from Gaf could buy the card for you here in the USA let's say, and then you just paypal them the cost for the code ?

Fersis

zlatko said:
Is there anyway someone from Gaf could buy the card for you here in the USA let's say, and then you just paypal them the cost for the code ?
I got ripped off by a gaffer sometime ago so i dont do that kind of stuff anymore. lol
Dotn worry bud ill wait until my importer gets a PSN card or the disc release.

XenoRaven

Rocwell said:
Oh, that's kind of weird so it's LK+HP~MP, HK~MP, HK~MP? When I tried doing the piano method I was doing it like HP, HK, MK, LK, MK, HK which was pretty tough. HK xx HK legs is pretty easy but starting with HP is tough because it changes your hand positioning and your ring finger is quite a bit weaker than ring/index so it takes more training than I'm willing to put into it, but this method looks better since you can use your thumb and index+ring fingers which are stronger and more dexterous. Which they need to be because if you miss one of the three plinks your legs won't come out :lol

I guess after the LK+HP~MP you could just kinda mash HK~MP which is less elegant but if it works you can't argue with results right?
The piano method I've been using is a little easier. I hit HP+LK, then HK, MK, LK, HK. You still have to move your ring finger from HP to HK though. So I'm working on building up the strength in my ring finger to do it fast enough.

I'm still gonna mess around with that plinking method though. I think you can just plink the HP~LK and just leave the first MP out entirely. You also don't really need the second HK~MP plink because you would already have 4 kick inputs by then, but having the 6th kick input does help if you mess up the timing.

Back to the lab tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom