• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoto

Professor Beef said:
If you already bought costumes from that set, the complete pack won't show up. Capcom is fucking idiotic like that.
Wow. That is very idiotic indeed. The costume pack I have is from the Amazon offer for pre-ordering Super. Well, I guess I won't be buying any costumes from the PSN Store. Thanks for the heads-up.

Satyamdas

Banned
jns said:
I'm thinking Daigo either giving free beatdowns with Yun or money matching Mike Ross on stream in marvel.
I wonder if he'd really want to play Yun for funsies at WNF and let people scout him for free? I'm no dickrider but I'm pretty sure even if he did, it wouldn't matter much in the end.

Threi said:
DeeJay AE frame data finally gets released! :D

Notable changes:

1. st. MP...DEM ACTIVE FRAMES

2. cr. mp does a nice bit of damage now...now the 1 frame is actually worth the trouble, meanwhile he now gets options for guaranteed (albeit lower) damage in st.mk and cr.lk xx special.

3. speaking of st.mk, definitely his biggest change. No longer punishable on hit :D first hit cancelable, and conveniently the first hit now does more damage than it used to.

4. Sobat FADC. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

5. His slide no longer has insanely, ridiculously, head-scratchingly bad recovery time anymore. (It recovers 5 frames faster, is active for 3 more frames)

Gunna be a bit trickier to use as an anti-air, but it will be better as a meaty ground move.

So overall his normals are still pretty poor, but Capcom threw DeeJay players a bone. Can't complain at all :D
Cool! Where is his overhead? I thought close HK was supposed to be an overhead? According to that page it is not.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
They made Dee Jay better? Why not just shoot me in the mouth while you're at it! >:mad:

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
Dee Jay deserved buffs.

So does blanka, where is my parade!?

<:'(

suggested blanka buffs :

- electricity is now done by hitting 3 punch buttons instead of 5
- blanka balls , non -ex , should go through projectiles and stun on hit.

That is all

Fraeon

Corky said:

suggested blanka buffs :

That is all

- U1 should be from a qcf-motion and unblockable.

Corky

Fraeon said:
- U1 should be from a qcf-motion and unblockable.

I like the cut of your jib, how bout we start a software company of our own? Whaddayasay?

Btw. PSN users.
Super Street Fighter 4 – Ultra Complete Alternate Costume Pack (£3.19/€3.99)
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/heads-up-game-store-mega-update-2nd-june-2011/

Corky said:

suggested blanka buffs :

That is all

Lets be serious here. Why can't I juggle with a speacial (rush punch eg.) after a headbutt. Rog's jab should be 2 frames. Come on, he is a boxer. Also boxer's have the hardest punch so s.HK/HP should do at least 200 on hit and 30 on block.

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
Btw. PSN users.
Super Street Fighter 4 – Ultra Complete Alternate Costume Pack (£3.19/€3.99)
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/heads-up-game-store-mega-update-2nd-june-2011/

Lets be serious here. Why can't I juggle with a speacial (rush punch eg.) after a headbutt. Rog's jab should be 2 frames. Come on, he is a boxer. Also boxer's have the hardest punch so s.HK/HP should do at least 200 on hit and 30 on block.

I thought me being facetious was detectable enough ;), apparently it was not.

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:

Holy shit that was some :

tumblr_lhzidiwqPB1qb62p6o1_400.gif
- shit

I've been had :(

_dementia said:
Does that include all characters? Not a bad price

Or is it just Yun, Yang, E.Ryu, and Oni?

Should be the SSF4 costume pack. I cant check because I don't have access to my PS3 now. Also it might be just for EU.

cackhyena said:
The Twins is why.
+ Guile and Honda nerfs amirite?

notworksafe said:
Yep, just for EU it seems. It's still $17.99 on the US store.
Is the DLC universally compatible? Could I make a euro account, buy it for the cheaper price, and use it with the North American version?

notworksafe

_dementia said:
Is the DLC universally compatible? Could I make a euro account, buy it for the cheaper price, and use it with the North American version?
Yes it is but IIRC you'll need an EU credit card or Euro/Pound PSN card. A gameshare from someone with an EU acount may also work, so you could Paypal some EU person money to buy it for you.

simtmb

_dementia said:

Nah, it's actually not. My Vanilla copy is AUS/PAL, and my copy of Super is JP. I had the first set of costumes for Vanilla i got from a share, they didn't work on my Japanese copy of Super. So while you can download it, they won't work with different game versions.

USD

Tomorrow night (US time) is NSB 25, 3-on-3 single-elimination tournament as usual. The actual tourney starts at 12 AM EDT (so technically Saturday for the US East Coast and most of the world), but there will certainly be casual play before that.

USD said:
Tomorrow night (US time) is NSB 25, 3-on-3 single-elimination tournament as usual. The actual tourney starts at 12 AM EDT (so technically Saturday for the US East Coast and most of the world), but there will certainly be casual play before that.

Will be tuning in, thanks for the heads up.

I decided to dust off my disc and do one last hurrah before AE. I managed to get a 15 win streak. My opponents weren't very good, but I'll take it!! lol

BotoxAgent said:
I decided to dust off my disc and do one last hurrah before AE. I managed to get a 15 win streak. My opponents weren't very good, but I'll take it!! lol
Congrats. I'm afraid that tenpeat trophy is always out of my reach :(

_dementia said:
Congrats. I'm afraid that tenpeat trophy is always out of my reach :(

I was doing endless, so I don't have that achievement either (I rarely touched rank when I played a lot).

I don't play Arcade mode much either, I should clear some of those easy Arcade mode achievements at least before AE comes (does spamming lariat still work? lol)

cackhyena

I thought that achievement comes in Endless or Ranked? Could have sworn I got it the first night with my 360 version just doing Endless.

cackhyena said:
I thought that achievement comes in Endless or Ranked? Could have sworn I got it the first night with my 360 version just doing Endless.

The tenpeat achievement is supposed to be done in an endless lobby.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
I was doing endless, so I don't have that achievement either (I rarely touched rank when I played a lot).

I don't play Arcade mode much either, I should clear some of those easy Arcade mode achievements at least before AE comes (does spamming lariat still work? lol)
I usually get good results spamming lariat then catching them in an endless loop of spd, green hand to get close then spd again. Against gief I just spam lariat because he will wake up spd if you're close. Against Cammy just spam cr lk. She will spiral arrow and spin knuckle into it over and over and over. It's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom