• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
biosnake20 said:
had no idea ryan hart spoke fluent japanese

I only found out a short while back when he was in a tournament in France(Stunfest I believe). Some French guys were trying to talk to Mov and then Ryan comes in and starts talking in fluent Japanese and I guess proceeds to translate for them.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Spirit of Jazz said:
Chun is not a fun match for Abel when they know how to use her footsies. My whole game against her is focus dashing her cr. RH/FP and os Breathless gimmicks. That Abel looked pretty bad though.

I had a few rounds with VRyu earlier and that man will be fucking scary when AE hits.

On a final note fuck Rog's jabs, Rocky is already enough to contend with on the Euro front, stick with your Blanka and his 4-6 match-up.

I hate Chun in general, may she die a witch's death.

What you're playing online against Vryu? Without hooking me up :(? I thought we were bros, pals, buddies, broskies :(?

:'(?

Corky

jman2050 said:
Yun army incoming in less than a week.

Sigh.

Depends on which level you play.
If you just play online random endless lobbies then change yun to e.ryu/oni army.

jman2050 said:
Yun army incoming in less than a week.

Sigh.

Yun is braid dead for for top players, not low level and intermediate players. I'd be much more afraid of a low level player with Vanilla Sagat then with Yun. Unless the player is actually pretty decent, I don't see them playing Yun as much of a threat. Vanilla Sagat on the other hand, oh man that was a nightmare. I've lost to so many, and they could only do the simplest things, almost none of them could do any of Sagat's BNB. But what they could do is throw tigers, play patient, press HK for anti air, throw out some surprise TK, and mash TU here and there. We'll see though if I'm right about this in the coming months.

But I agree, you'll probably run into more Oni's and Evil Ryu's then you will Yun or Yang.

Joekage

Won my first SSF4 tourny today! Using Cody of course! Feels good to come into AE on a high note, knowing my character got better haha. I also got a free stick as a trophy and a $20 gift card for boba tea. Loove boba tea!

Corky

Joekage said:
Won my first SSF4 tourny today! Using Cody of course! Feels good to come into AE on a high note, knowing my character got better haha. I also got a free stick as a trophy and a $20 gift card for boba tea. Loove boba tea!

oh snap, nice ! :) not a bad prize at all.

Joekage said:
Congrats Joe!

USD

Just watched through most of NSB25:

-Sako's Ibuki is pretty nasty. Sako execution still intact.
-Wow, Kokujin managed to beat Rikuson. Not bad. Got beasted by Ryan Hart right after that.
-Ryan Hart's Yun is pretty nice, especially considering he's only been in Japan for two weeks or so. Still no match for Momochi.
-That Hyakuretsu loop Y24 pulled off on Kindevu was nice. Still wasn't enough though.
-Kindevu actually did well for once. I usually see him got dominated.
-Momochi's Yun was beastly. Really clutch. Sako had Momochi on the ropes twice, but then hit-confirm into Gen'ei Jin, Ultra, and it was over. Same thing happened to Eita.

Nothing else needs to be said about the power of Yun.

Axis

anyone have a link to the archives from last night? just top 8 as that's around hwere i fell asleep, thanks.

Corky

Gonna fire up a lobby with a fellow gaffer here if anyone want join just add : Corcy100 on XBL

notworksafe

Just had the last ever SSF4 tourney in New Mexico last night. Was a lot a fun and the winner got a $20 PSN card to buy dat AE next week. Plus a Honda won, which will never happen again...not with AE anyway.

Can't wait for Ken next week :D ... but dreading Guile. D: Maybe I'll just main Yun like everyone else.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It was a bunch of NGRs Jeff. Games were very laggy for the most part. I kept booting the biggest lagger. They got mad after a few and the win streak I was building. Looks like their skill level is still the same as it was a year ago.

Last night was pretty fun even though many people weren't around.

Joekage said:

Grats, Joe!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Joekage said:

CRIMINAL UPPAH-fist. <3 Keep repping Cody for those of us that can't play worth a damn. :(

Threi

notag
Joekage said:
BESSCODY <#

well actually your cody is ass :(

but that was a joke ok some people get bent the fuck out of shape from small jokes...fools need to watch their blood pressure :p

Axis

Joekage said:

congrats joe...glad the training has paid off :)

Sigh, now Momochi is on the Yun train. It's ridiculous.

Evo is going to be a flood of Yun, some Fei, some Yang, a couple Sagat, a couple boxers, a couple Akumas.

rivals

Rice-Eater said:
Yun is braid dead for for top players, not low level and intermediate players. I'd be much more afraid of a low level player with Vanilla Sagat then with Yun. Unless the player is actually pretty decent, I don't see them playing Yun as much of a threat. Vanilla Sagat on the other hand, oh man that was a nightmare. I've lost to so many, and they could only do the simplest things, almost none of them could do any of Sagat's BNB. But what they could do is throw tigers, play patient, press HK for anti air, throw out some surprise TK, and mash TU here and there. We'll see though if I'm right about this in the coming months.

But I agree, you'll probably run into more Oni's and Evil Ryu's then you will Yun or Yang.

I think you are pretty spot on here from what I've seen in arcades so far. I've actually encountered only a small handful of twins players because they aren't really a "win button" for sub-par players.

rbrogue

Joekage said:

Shame I'm going to have to drag you off that high.

Happy for you though! :p

Dartastic

When is the AE thread going up?
Spiderjericho said:
Sigh, now Momochi is on the Yun train. It's ridiculous.

Evo is going to be a flood of Yun, some Fei, some Yang, a couple Sagat, a couple boxers, a couple Akumas.
Sleeping on Makoto.

haunts said:
im going to beat every yun into a bloody pulp with the new Sagat.

Do you want me to bring some water for that salt?

And did they seriously have a team in the finals that had TWO Yuns?

Capcom owes it to its fans to at do one balance patch so the SSFIV AE scene doesn't completely die. I can see people rather playing MVC3, MK9, TXSF, KOFXIII, SC5, etc rather than play a game that completely became unbalanced because of the addition of two b.s. characters.

And is there an AE thread?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
You won't beat my Oni though Haunts, I got that fireball invincibility.

im looking forward to oni as well. I feel like im the only one around here though.

oni, yun, makoto, sagat

Spiderjericho said:
And did they seriously have a team in the finals that had TWO Yuns?

The last NSB had a team of 3 Yuns. :3

Spiderjericho said:
Capcom owes it to its fans to at do one balance patch so the SSFIV AE scene doesn't completely die. I can see people rather playing MVC3, MK9, TXSF, KOFXIII, SC5, etc rather than play a game that completely became unbalanced because of the addition of two b.s. characters.

I think SF4 is too big of a game for it to die, even with these characters. With the current five games in the evo lineup, I think it's easy to say that SF4 is the one that will be there again in 2012.

Everyone playing KOFXIII would be nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom