• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
hitsugi said:
Still amusing how most people complaining about the twins haven't played the game yet. If everyone jumps on Yun and doesn't get dive kick spacing down (random online scrubs won't), they'll still be just as free as the mindless Ryus you've dealt with for 2 years now.

High level play is another story, though. Looks like Yun is making people lazy, but there are people developing anti-Yun technology.

In the end, this may end up a bit like 3s with character variety but I'm down.
AE has been at two of my local arcades for months. Just wait until you see the gap between what the average character can do on reaction to punish/stuff a dive kick from Yun and Yun's advantage for throwing out a dive kick. The risk/reward is totally out of whack. Yun has the empty dive kick throw mix-up game, plus a pair of three-frame jabs, plus target combos, plus a command grab, plus an uppercut that is difficult to punish. There is no stable strategy for the majority of the cast to deal with that array of options. They have to guess over and over and over.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Whos the best Hakan player right now? (To look up for in youtube)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I think Wildcat

:[

Anyone up for some xbl-games 30 min or so from now? Gonna fire up a lobby (soonish) so feel free to join me and fellow gaffer Frog'd

I am not going to main Yun or Yang, originally I wanted to but I feel if i lose I feel like an extra total scrub, lol....like there's more pressure, or it's expected, that you will win

but I agree....I am not feeling the fear of these characters on the hands of scrubs, compared to vanilla sagat and his high damage otuput

Kimosabae said:
I'm with Hits on this one, though the fact that Japan is still whiny about them after all this time is starting to make me a bit concerned.
You can't take one man's (Tokido) word or any others speak for Japan as a whole.

Kim1234 (the Dictator player) wasn't to happy about that statement.

Spiderjericho said:
Have you guys seen the money matches from UFGT7? J.Wong plays folks using random. Even with characters that aren't his main, he still beasts on the average player:

http://frame-advantage.com/event/ultimate-fighting-game-tournament-7-non-tournament-play/303
Oh my god those kids are sooo scared lol

"I couldn't capitalize... I didn't capitalize..." ROFL grow some balls

Justin's making jokes about the game and these dudes are too busy shitting themselves to do anything

vg260

Spiderjericho said:
Capcom owes it to its fans to at do one balance patch so the SSFIV AE scene doesn't completely die.

Agreed. They totally know what they're doing, and it's not like Yun came out like a beast by accident. They know how to tweak a character to make them dominant or to strip them down (Guile).

I can kinda understand them needing some sort of hype to get people out to the arcades, but I don't think purposely unbalancing it was the right thing to do. They're surely not going to do anything before Evo, but Capcom not fixing this for the console versions post-Evo would be a pretty big slap in the face to fans. I hope this Evo is just all Yuns and it's the same online so the HAVE to do something to fix it. Purposefully f-ing up the balance and walking away sucks. But perhaps this is what they intended and they want the scene to die somewhat so they can drive people to SFxTekken. Pretty rotten if so.

If you're upset about this, vote with your wallet and don't but it, or wait and buy the disc-version used.

hitsugi

Some of those replies lol... He has 3 dive kicks, really?

I've been playing AE from release and I'm not new to Yun or playing against good Yun players (marn). I understand he's powerful and in no way debated his status in the top 3. As a matter of fact, I have even (on numerous occasions) pointed out how effective Yun can be at what seems to be a brain-dead level.

That said, I will still sit on my previous statement; particularly the last two lines of it.

Satyamdas

Banned
2&2 said:
I can kinda understand them needing some sort of hype to get people out to the arcades, but I don't think purposely unbalancing it was the right thing to do. They're surely not going to do anything before Evo, but Capcom not fixing this for the console versions post-Evo would be a pretty big slap in the face to fans. I hope this Evo is just all Yuns and it's the same online so the HAVE to do something to fix it. Purposefully f-ing up the balance and walking away sucks. But perhaps this is what they intended and they want the scene to die somewhat so they can drive people to SFxTekken. Pretty rotten if so.

If you're upset about this, vote with your wallet and don't but it, or wait and buy the disc-version used.
gantW.jpg

This line of thinking would be hilarious if it wasn't so blatantly retarded.

2&2 said:
Purposefully f-ing up the balance and walking away sucks. But perhaps this is what they intended and they want the scene to die somewhat so they can drive people to SFxTekken.
I WISH Capcom was trying to kill SFIV and replace it with SFxTK.

Not because I like SFxTK in anyway at all, but because of the alternative.

vg260

Of course they don't want the SFIV scene to "die" outright, but for all intents and purposes it sounds like they're done w/ AE. Would they really care if a year from now, once AE sales are insignificant, people get bored w/ SFIV, start itching for something new and jump onto SFxT as a result? Not saying that's definitely what their thinking is, but it's not an implausible scenario.

Xiaoki

biosnake20 said:
Yea the reasoning behind there decision was because super was so balanced, thats what made it boring. But thats not the case. The reason it was boring(at least imo) was because almost every charge character in super was top tier or close to it.
Except for the 2 brand new characters: Juri and Hakan.

Maybe Capcom wanted the premiere 2 new characters to be ones that people would actually play.

Satyamdas

Banned
2&2 said:
Of course they don't want the SFIV scene to "die" outright, but for all intents and purposes it sounds like they're done w/ AE. Would they really care if a year from now, once AE sales are insignificant, people get bored w/ SFIV, start itching for something new and jump onto SFxT as a result? Not saying that's definitely what their thinking is, but it's not an implausible scenario.
First you said that Capcom "wants the scene to die so they can drive SFxT sales".

Now you say that they might not care if AE stalls and people jump to SFxT as a result.

These are two different things. One is active sabotage of their own property, and one is being ready for a natural stagnation as a game gets older. Capcom desiring for AE to die at the hands of an OP Yun is an implausible and downright moronic scenario. Having a new game in development in a resurgent genre is the sign of an active and smart company, it does not signify some sinister plot to kill off a golden egg laying goose.

vg260

Satyamdas said:
First you said that Capcom "wants the scene to die so they can drive SFxT sales".

Nope. That's not my quote. I said "perhaps" and "they want the scene to die somewhat". The key word being "somewhat". Perhaps that should have been bolded or italicized so it wouldn't be missed.

Maybe I should have re-phrased it as "Capcom doesn't care if people drop SFIV after a while due to Yun being OP, because it drove arcade/DLC sales, they're done w/ the SFIV series, and have SFxTk waiting."

Satyamdas

Banned
2&2 said:
Nope. That's not my quote. I said "perhaps" and "they want the scene to die somewhat". The key word being "somewhat". Perhaps that should have been bolded or italicized so it wouldn't be missed.

Maybe I should have re-phrased it as "Capcom doesn't care if people drop SFIV after a while due to Yun being OP, because it drove arcade/DLC sales, they're done w/ the SFIV series, and have SFxTk waiting."
Come on dude, if you're going to say something, at least stand by it.

But perhaps this is what they intended and they want the scene to die somewhat so they can drive people to SFxTekken. Pretty rotten if so.

This is an entirely different sentiment than:

Capcom doesn't care if people drop SFIV after a while due to Yun being OP, because it drove arcade/DLC sales, they're done w/ the SFIV series, and have SFxTk waiting.

Because the first implies that they designed Yun for the purpose of making AE die off, and the second is saying that if it happens, oh well. All I was responding to is the tinfoil hat quality of your first statement.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
hitsugi said:
Still amusing how most people complaining about the twins haven't played the game yet.

I'd agree with this if literally every top player I can think of that's talked about the subject hasn't said that the twins are mad powerful and easy to play. Kind of hard to ignore.

Kimosabae

Banned
David is def cornball. He's just my kind of cornball.

Problem I have with his lawyer advert (if any) is you can tell he's being self-aware with that smirk on his face. He just couldn't wait to see how the community would rip it apart.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hey Kadey are you part of Team Spooky?
TS Kadey sounds cool. :3

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:
It's okay; it's the Internet. Don't know if you remember but I had some games with your Chun way back in vanilla. Do you play on PSN at all?
Sometimes. Not sure if I'm going to get AE for PSN though. If I can get it cheap down the road, then I'll probably get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom