• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DryEyeRelief said:
The last NSB had a team of 3 Yuns. :3

Not sure if serious. If so, there should seriously be a one character limit in a tournament to force less tier whoring, team makeup and variety

DryEyeRelief said:
I think SF4 is too big of a game for it to die, even with these characters. With the current five games in the evo lineup, I think it's easy to say that SF4 is the one that will be there again in 2012.

Everyone playing KOFXIII would be nice though.

I dunno. Not sure what the ROI for Capcom is on SF at this point. AE seems like a way to wring out some extra coin out of overseas players and continue its fighting game presence in arcade markets.

But we haven't heard if there is going to be future costume packs, patches, more characters, etc. It seems like this is it from what Seth was saying.

Despite the net play and some retarded decisions, its glaringly obvious the difference between Netherrealm and Capcom.

Spiderjericho said:
But we haven't heard if there is going to be future costume packs, patches, more characters, etc. It seems like this is it from what Seth was saying.

Despite the net play and some retarded decisions, its glaringly obvious the difference between Netherrealm and Capcom.

Even if Capcom leaves it alone, it's going to be at tournaments. I'm sure of this.

sf4 started the silver age of fighting games. it's here for better or worse.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
As stupid as Yun and Yang may end up being, something tells me that fighting them won't be anywhere near near as stupid as fighting Phoenix in MVC3, so maybe it won't be so bad.

But I dunno. Phoenix sets the bar pretty high as far as stupidity goes.

Lost Fragment said:
As stupid as Yun and Yang may end up being, something tells me that fighting them won't be anywhere near near as stupid as fighting Phoenix in MVC3, so maybe it won't be so bad.

pick your poison.

kirblar

God's Beard said:
I remember when Super came out and people complained that all the new characters were ass lol
Exactly. The new characters in AE are OP in order to drag people out of their homes. It's why the balance was "working as intended".

Not saying I agree with it, but that's the line of reasoning they probably used.

Watchin these nsb replays are just painful. Seeing kindevu win against y24 just because he did a ex dash punch (which was blocked) into another one (cuz he had frame advantage and caught y24 doin something) and then comboing it into u1 to win just hurt my feelings. Right now yun just looks to good.

kirblar said:
Exactly. The new characters in AE are OP in order to drag people out of their homes. It's why the balance was "working as intended".

Not saying I agree with it, but that's the line of reasoning they probably used.

Yea the reasoning behind there decision was because super was so balanced, thats what made it boring. But thats not the case. The reason it was boring(at least imo) was because almost every charge character in super was top tier or close to it. Aside from blanka, claw, and dee jay every other charge character was amazing and because most charge characters are played inherently boring by top players thats why the game was boring. But its not even just the charge characters but run away characters as a whole were very good. Characters like ryu, rose, and dhalsim.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
kirblar said:
I think, contractually, Capcom can't say anything because any balance updates would screw arcades over pretty hard.

How's that? Companies update arcade cabs over the interwebs these days, donchaknow.

biosnake20 said:
Yea the reasoning behind there decision was because super was so balanced, thats what made it boring. But thats not the case. The reason it was boring(at least imo) was because almost every charge character in super was top tier or close to it. Aside from blanka, claw, and dee jay every other charge character was amazing and because most charge characters are played inherently boring by top players thats why the game was boring. But its not even just the charge characters but run away characters as a whole were very good. Characters like ryu, rose, and dhalsim.

People say this even though the character who's accepted widely as the strongest, and is one of the most popular, is an offensive character.

DRE Fei

balancedroster.jpg

Tuesday is gonna be so awesome. Get hype!

kirblar

The Arcade operators need an incentive to get players to play the game in their venue. Having an exclusive, OP character does that because people can't practice against that character at home for tournaments, and it needs to be "good" so that it's relevant, and not D-Tier. The problem is that they've pushed Yun's power level to the point where people just don't want to play the game (See the "Oh it's Daigo, I don't want to play" situation from Japan.) And that's really really, bad. M:TG's Standard format has the same situation going on w/ Jace/Stoneforge/Splinter Twin right now.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I kinda understand the logic, but I don't think it really works within the context of fighting games. Like if you work retail and you're in the break room alone with a dude you've never said a word to or something, one of the easiest subjects to bond over is what such-and-such jerkwad customer did. I think the rationale here is pretty similar, only jerkwad characters instead of jerkwad customers.

But who knows. Either way, I should probably wait until I actually play the game before I start bitching that much.

V_Arnold

kirblar said:
The Arcade operators need an incentive to get players to play the game in their venue. Having an exclusive, OP character does that because people can't practice against that character at home for tournaments, and it needs to be "good" so that it's relevant, and not D-Tier. The problem is that they've pushed Yun's power level to the point where people just don't want to play the game (See the "Oh it's Daigo, I don't want to play" situation from Japan.) And that's really really, bad. M:TG's Standard format has the same situation going on w/ Jace/Stoneforge/Splinter Twin right now.

Actually it is not that you do not wanna play against it, but you will build your deck around beating that specifically or using it also :D But the analogy kinda works, lol.

V_Arnold

By the way, does Viper stand a chance against Yun/Yang? I kinda want to continue using her too, even while learning the new chars...

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:
Dictator has some of dat technology to counter the twins, I'll have him on deck when needed...which will be all the time. :(
I wish i'd pick up dictator, but I really hate him. He's a counter to all the characters I play and I just hate everything about the character and I refuse to play the guy for some reason. If I palyed him maybe I wouldn't be so free for him(maybe not). I just can't bring myself to play him cuz I fucking hate dictator, he's annoying as shit to me. I'll be in for a rude awakening if i'm as annoyed with the twins as I am with bison though.

Imm0rt4l said:
I wish i'd pick up dictator, but I really hate him. He's a counter to all the characters I play and I just hate everything about the character and I refuse to play the guy for some reason. If I palyed him maybe I wouldn't be so free for him(maybe not). I just can't bring myself to play him cuz I fucking hate dictator, he's annoying as shit to me. I'll be in for a rude awakening if i'm as annoyed with the twins as I am with bison though.

That's some hate.

HiResDes

I thought I had a really good dictator and then I realized that when someone decides to relentlessly jump in on me and go for spontaneous crossups I rarely have the right answer for them...Dictator's AA game is pretty bad. I mean you can backdash, teleport or try to kick them but sooner or later you just have to block and hope that you can tech one of their throws after a block string.

Threi

notag
HiResDes said:
I thought I had a really good dictator and then I realized that when someone decides to relentlessly jump in on me and go for spontaneous crossups I rarely have the right answer for them...Dictator's AA game is pretty bad. I mean you can backdash, teleport or try to kick them but sooner or later you just have to block and hope that you can tech one of their throws after a block string.
You can also low fierce or standing short aa

or jumping roundhouse.

so compared to some chars his AA game is limited, while to others it's plenty.

Personally SSF4 Bison players have started to irritate me lately, things definitely were not as free now as it was in Vanilla. Especially since switching to deejay it's just so annoying watching bison players just do absolutely stupid crap just because they can. And you can't do a damn thing about it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lost Fragment said:
Jesus god, I want to strangle every motherfucker that picks the training stage all the time. Do we not see that shit enough already?

LOL. Troofgod. That's all he picks. Best way to deal with people like this. Beat them.

I just got back. Lobby is still going.

Everybody sounding like Kuma now. Leave Kuma alone!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Threi said:
it's just so annoying watching bison players just do absolutely stupid crap just because they can. And you can't do a damn thing about it.

I once lost to a back-jumping roundhouse spamming bison :( , that was all he did for two rounds and I died.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Looks like Lost was getting acquainted with Troof. He's a pretty chill guy once you get to know him. Takes ebonics and engrish to a whole new level but you don't judge people by the way they talk. I think it's funny personally.

I left after the first session. Came back and had some fun.

Highlight.

icNN0o.gif

Dahbomb

As a Balrog/Rose player, I think I am going to play Yun in AE. Since so much of my effort has gone into MVC3, I want SSF4AE to be a relaxing experience for me. :)

Sanford "Pick a Top Tier" Santhrax approves of this message.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
DRE Fei said:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4808/balancedroster.jpg

Tuesday is gonna be so awesome. Get hype!

Isn't Chun-Li Chinese? Shouldn't she be a part of that?

In before "YOU'RE RUINING THE JOKE!" But come on, if the Chinese are top tier this outing...

Sagat Ken 4->Super Flowchart Ken 4->Super Fucked Hitboxes 4: ChineseWinEverything Edition?

hitsugi

Still amusing how most people complaining about the twins haven't played the game yet. If everyone jumps on Yun and doesn't get dive kick spacing down (random online scrubs won't), they'll still be just as free as the mindless Ryus you've dealt with for 2 years now.

High level play is another story, though. Looks like Yun is making people lazy, but there are people developing anti-Yun technology.

In the end, this may end up a bit like 3s with character variety but I'm down.

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:
Still amusing how most people complaining about the twins haven't played the game yet. If everyone jumps on Yun and doesn't get dive kick spacing down (random online scrubs won't), they'll still be just as free as the mindless Ryus you've dealt with for 2 years now.

High level play is another story, though. Looks like Yun is making people lazy, but there are people developing anti-Yun technology.

He has 3 different dive kicks.

Kimosabae

Banned
I'm with Hits on this one, though the fact that Japan is still whiny about them after all this time is starting to make me a bit concerned.

DR2K

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

Yeah, but you don't need a full bar to start off with Yun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
hitsugi said:

Dont forget that the japanese community has been playing the game for months and they still say that Yun is God Tier.
Hell even Ono San said that their design decission was to have overpowered characters.
Like it or not Yun is here to stay... you can always pick the Anti-Yun: Hakan.

_Xenon_

Banned
hitsugi said:

I have been playing AE for quite a while (almost 2 months) and I can tell you the twins' dive kicks are far from annoying compared to their other tools.
Yun: safe up-kick (kinda), safe dash punch, st.jab -> back -> st.jab -> back -> st.jab -> mix up, command grab
Yang: easy reset, easy ultra combo, command grab, st.jab that is better than Rog's (hits crouching, massive hit/block stun)

Seriously among the top 4 I definitely have a better record against the other 2 (makoto, feilong). For the twins, even scrubby ones will get you headache simply because their tools / normals are just retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom