• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabae

Banned
Has playing Marvel screwed anyone else's execution in this game? I thought playing a faster game, with slightly stricter inputs would be beneficial. It hasn't been.

I was just starting to turn the corner with this game when Marvel dropped, too. I was closing in on 4000 PP with Viper, the splinters in my execution were falling out, and I was starting to get comfy with calling myself good at this game. Now, no matter how focused i get, I can't seem to get my execution back. The more I focus on execution, the more I start to lose to people I should be beating and the worse I get, generally, because my head becomes so clouded with anger and frustration.

I seriously feel like quitting fighting games right now. Gimme a fucking hitbox already.

V_Arnold

Kimosabae said:
Has playing Marvel screwed anyone else's execution in this game? I thought playing a faster game, with slightly stricter inputs would be beneficial. It hasn't been.

I was just starting to turn the corner with this game when Marvel dropped, too. I was closing in on 4000 PP with Viper, the splinters in my execution were falling out, and I was starting to get comfy with calling myself good at this game. Now, no matter how focused i get, I can't seem to get my execution back. The more I focus on execution, the more I start to lose to people I should be beating and the worse I get, generally, because my head becomes so clouded with anger and frustration.

I seriously feel like quitting fighting games right now. Gimme a fucking hitbox already.

Well, I stopped playing fighting games for like 2 months after I was hugely disappointed in MVC3 (not that it is a bad game, but it is too different for my tastes), and a few days ago went to practice with Viper. Did lp->sjc ultra with Viper without a hitch repeatedly, did every kind of fff perfectly, so it was an amazing relevation :D Maybe the time spent with StarCraft 2 made me more precise in my mind... dunno.

But my gameplan must have gotten worse, yet without a Live, I cannot try it yet. But tomorrow...

Rocwell

Yeah, taking a break every now and then can be good. If you're stressing yourself out, taking a week off and coming back to the game fresh can be beneficial.

At the very least, quit playing ranked matches for a while. Mess around in endless with friends, gaffers or random players instead. You won't have to deal with the mental pressure of defending your points and be able to play longer sets which may be more helpful as a training experience for you. Fighting 10 different people 10 times in a row makes it harder to try and make adjustments to your game and see how they pan out compared to fighting the same person 10 times in a row.

As for Marvel screwing with people's heads in Super, some of the local guys I play with tell me they keep trying to air guard or push block in SSFIV after a long Marvel session :lol

@ Ultimoo Online Tony or Poongko for starters. If you can't find AE footage of them you can search for Hiropon

Neki

much obliged Saty and Rocwell. Something about Seth's playstyle just screams awesome, even though he has poor health. :O

Joekage

Also check out Roxas0427 on youtube as well. He's also a Japanese Seth player. I've watched alot of his matches for fun and he has a very solid Seth. Pretty sure he has a bunch of mirror matches against Hiropon as well. Seth mirror is actually fun to watch haha.

Neki

Joekage said:
Also check out Roxas0427 on youtube as well. He's also a Japanese Seth player. I've watched alot of his matches for fun and he has a very solid Seth. Pretty sure he has a bunch of mirror matches against Hiropon as well. Seth mirror is actually fun to watch haha.
found the Seth mirror, this is like an awesome overload of combos and low health, lol.

Anybody have any idea when SSF4AE will be available this Tuesday on PS3 or Xbox? I work on Tuesday, but not until 3PM EST. I was hoping to put in sometime before I went to work if it was available early enough.

Joekage

Rice-Eater said:
Anybody have any idea when SSF4AE will be available this Tuesday on PS3 or Xbox? I work on Tuesday, but not until 3PM EST. I was hoping to put in sometime before I went to work if it was available early enough.

According to hearsay, XBL usually updates around 12-3am eastern so around that time I'm guessing/hoping. Can't wait though, gonna have an all week long training session locally here in Dallas. Still not sure who my alternate is gonna be. Still sticking with my main Cody but it's between Evil Ryu and Yang for my alt. Evil Ryu is just really fun to me for some reason, but Yang is top tier so it might be best to stick with him haha.

Thanks for the answer Joe, I'll be keeping a eye on it just in case. It's going to be a long work day until I can get back home and spend probably 8+ hours in the lab with the new characters.

Joekage

No prob. Got a better answer on SRK in regards to XBL marketplace updating. Not sure if this will apply to AE but we can hope.

XBL marketplace updates at these times in the US:

3 AM Pacific
4 AM Mountain
5 AM Central
6 AM Eastern

So according to your respective timezone, there ya go. Might have to pull an all nighter it seems haha.

Axis

i really hate the forced updates...and the lies that it told me when it said that AE was now available. YOU LIIIIIIIIIIED TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE /return of the mack

Joekage said:
No prob. Got a better answer on SRK in regards to XBL marketplace updating. Not sure if this will apply to AE but we can hope.

XBL marketplace updates at these times in the US:

3 AM Pacific
4 AM Mountain
5 AM Central
6 AM Eastern

So according to your respective timezone, there ya go. Might have to pull an all nighter it seems haha.
You wouldn't happen to know when PSN updates, would you?

I jumped back into super last night, still as fun as ever and I can't wait for the AE DLC to hit. My skills with boxer are still semi good online so I am happy.

LakeEarth

Kimosabae said:
I played a little hyper fighting yesterday and caught myself trying to air block a couple of times. Tomorrow my online experience will be ... interesting!

LakeEarth said:
I played a little hyper fighting yesterday and caught myself trying to air block a couple of times. Tomorrow my online experience will be ... interesting!
Sometimes I try to Advancing Guard, lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
_dementia said:
Sometimes I try to Advancing Guard, lol.
I still try to dash by pressing two attack buttons.
Hyped for AE and Super MvC3 announcement.

rivals

Ultimoo said:
much obliged Saty and Rocwell. Something about Seth's playstyle just screams awesome, even though he has poor health. :O

fchamp's been playing some Seth lately as well I think. I'm pretty sure he did at Hadocon 1, maybe the recent one as well. Some of the videos should be on youtube.

n00b question here:

I have a region 2 copy of SSF4 and i use a UAE PSN account.So i can just go get a $20 PSN card and i should be able to get the DLC, correct?

zlatko

Banned
So hyped for tomorrow. The time I spent doing a little working out the rust this last week didn't feel rusty at all. I've been away so long playing Starcraft 2 that I think playing that upped my game. Star 2 you have to pay attention to so much and the multi tasking is through the roof. SF4 I feel my biggest thing to keep mindful thought of is just foot spacing on screen.

Hope to join some endless lobbies soon with my fresh Yun to grind it out. :D

LakeEarth

In some interview, ClakeyD said you can still vortex with Ibuki, but it is a little different in timing, etc.

So AE should be showing up tomorrow?

V_Arnold

My Xbox 360 celebrated next day's AE with a dead ethernet port, thanks to a storm. FUCK YEAH :(

(Warranty out, they are going to repair it in a day, so tomorrow, hopefully I will join DA CLUB!).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
jdub03 said:
-Jump-back Kunai now has a more vertical jump trajectory

Does this mean they made her hop in the air like akumas air fireballs in hd remix?

not sure, but afaik she doesnt move back as far when she throws a kunai now.

jdub03

haunts said:
not sure, but afaik she doesnt move back as far when she throws a kunai now.

interesting. I'll have to test it out tomorrow. I do a lot of jump back kunai. Seems like it could get punished more often with those changes.

Axis

jdub03 said:
interesting. I'll have to test it out tomorrow. I do a lot of jump back kunai. Seems like it could get punished more often with those changes.

you wanna play some later? i've been playing nothing but vampire savior for like a week...need to return to action

jdub03

I'll be on tonight. I have school and work until after 7pm. I've played super twice sense marvel came out. I really need to brush up my skills.

SoulFist

I'm so ready for tomorrow. Can't wait to hit online with Makoto, Yun, and the upgraded Cody. Anyone feel free to add me on XBL. GT:SoulFist7

Dexa

Banned
are those ultra costume catalog packs new?
havent noticed them before

[edit]
nope they are not ;(
guess i dont see that message anymore.

hitsugi

Guy players that suffered though Super and whiffed EVERY bushin chain on crouching shotos - your redemption is almost here :D of course, that chain still does whiff for no apparent reason sometimes, but it's much more consistent now!

Get used to pressing c.LK instead of LP asap and enjoy :D

hitsugi said:
Guy players that suffered though Super and whiffed EVERY bushin chain on crouching shotos - your redemption is almost here :D of course, that chain still does whiff for no apparent reason sometimes, but it's much more consistent now!

Get used to pressing c.LK instead of LP asap and enjoy :D

I am ready to own fools not named Yun, Yang, or Fei :-D

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
I am ready to own fools not named Yun, Yang, or Fei :-D
Those are still very interesting/annoying matches for Guy.. but he feels infinitely better compared to his super counterpart

zlatko

Banned
AE is going to have some competition from me with all that hype ass GGPO on SF3 details that just came out. Capcom making me a happy fighting game fan this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom