• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimoo said:
everyone has bad matchs up, deal with it. AE is even more balanced than Super.
That nerf was required. Right now in Super, the only options Hawk has against a blocked Ball are:

1) Stand there
2) Look stupid
3) Taunt

And the only way to actually stop/punish a Ball is to:

1) Block (if Blanka is already cornered), then do something
2) Hit him out of it with a jab or medium punch (everything else gets stuffed, or trades at best)

My sodium levels are lowering thanks to getting all of this off my chest, and it's made me notice that somehow Blanka has been the bane of my existence since SFIV was released. He's a shitty match for Vega (who I mained) in this game too. :lol

Corky said:
Well I guess there's time for celebration now, a blocked blanka ball means even t.hawk with his snail dash/speed can dash in and 360 blanks ass for 500 dmg, free.
Right, because the match is so dreadfully hard for Blanka that he can't easily make it up or just lame the match out. I'll take what I can get for that match at this point.

_Xenon_

Banned
Professor Beef said:
That nerf was required. Right now in Super, the only options Hawk has against a blocked Ball are:

1) Stand there
2) Look stupid
3) Taunt

And the only way to actually stop/punish a Ball is to:

1) Block (if Blanka is already cornered), then do something
2) Hit him out of it with a jab or medium punch (everything else gets stuffed, or trades at best)

My sodium levels are lowering thanks to getting all of this off my chest, and it's made me notice that somehow Blanka has been the bane of my existence since SFIV was released. He's a shitty match for Vega (who I mained) in this game too. :lol

Right, because the match is so dreadfully hard for Blanka that he can't easily make it up or just lame the match out. I'll take what I can get for that match at this point.
Dude if you can't beat a ball spamming Blanka you are doing something wrong. Block a ball -> dash -> jab (to prevent instant 2nd ball) -> block -> dash. When blanka is in corner you basically have won the match.

Blanka vs Thawk / Zengief = 7:3 or 6:4 is not because of ball, it's because his normals stuff everything from those 2.

_Xenon_ said:
Dude if you can't beat a ball spamming Blanka you are doing something wrong. Block a ball -> dash -> jab (to prevent instant 2nd ball) -> block -> dash. When blanka is in corner you basically have won the match.

Blanka vs Thawk / Zengief = 7:3 or 6:4 is not because of ball, it's because his normals stuff everything from those 2.
The match isn't all about ball, obviously. The topic was on that move, and I was talking about it.

Tried recording what you suggested in training, and it seems to trade pretty often. It did beat it the other times, so I'll have to practice the timing and pray I can do it online.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lucentto said:
Sakura good in AE? Might make want to play this game again. Looking over the twins nonsense.

I hope someone chops off her legs and feeds them to a dog.

simtmb

Thankfully i have a PAL copy on 360 so I'm good for when AE DLC comes, but all my friends play on PS3. D:

I honestly can't believe the JP PSN store is still down...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lucentto said:
Damn, the hate. It burns.

Every time a sakura connects a c.mk on me and proceeds to do a 50 hit 700dmg/1000stun combo on me I go out and drown puppies and kittens in the lake.

BitchTits

I don't know whether to laugh or cry: I booted up the 360 this morning to see if I could catch the DLC early and I can't connect to the internet. Wired. No other connection when tried is a problem - so put the 360 back on, 4 red rings!

Holy crap! 360 knows when to pick it's moments, right!! This is my second 360 and the 1 year warranty for refurbs is over, so goodbye 360! Ha-ha! Will never buy a MS console ever again, Even if I sent it for repair, by the time I get this sorted AE online will just be a sea of online die hard Yuns, thanks MS, LOL!

jns

yeah, 4 red rings mean AV cable cannot be detected. Just try the old unpulg and plug back in and you might be good to go.

[edit]http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=472553 for more help on the different rings'o'death

BitchTits

Mikhal said:
Isn't 4 red rings just a loose video cable somewhere? Check your wires.
I wish. I tried all the cables. I now get no rings, but the little power sign in the middle lighting up - I can hear *something* whirring up and whirring down as I put the console on, nothing has changed with cables. I had it on just this morning, worked fine except for internet connection, so shut down tried connection elsewhere - no problem - tried it again: 4 rings! Oh dear!

Joekage

jlai itching for dem points with dat Mak.

My download is crawling so I'm assuming that everyone has picked up on the fact that it's out now. Life of a Cody player, even my downloads are slow :(

Joekage

Axis said:
jlai just lucky i look at everything...that's all :p

WE GONNA GET IT IN, JOE? :3

Soon as this download gets done? Hell fucking yeah. Today is my last day of work before a month long trip to Japan at the end of this month. I'm goign in like a madman. I'm talking training till my fingers bleed. Offline and online. We will have FT1000 by the time I'm done.

Axis

Joekage said:
Soon as this download gets done? Hell fucking yeah. Today is my last day of work before a month long trip to Japan at the end of this month. I'm goign in like a madman. I'm talking training till my fingers bleed. Offline and online. We will have FT1000 by the time I'm done.

i found it first...and i'm still only@65%

BUT WHEN I'M DONE? IT'S ON SONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. you gonn ahave to forgive me ahead of time for missing every combo cuz idk the timing on them yet :3

vulva

playstation being a tease with "SSFIV Update Kit" and "SSFIV ARCADE EDITION" now available on the PlaystationStore. message on start up =(

jlai

kOw2H.jpg

#1 in the world! Now I can go to sleep. Damn you work

jlai

First impressions:

-Don't try unsafe cross ups on Mak's wake up. Free fukiage combo. Comes out ridiculously fast
-Much improved dash has messed up all my previous meaty setups :(
-U2. Wow. So good, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to leave my trusty easily combo'd into U1
-Thank god priority on Yun's dive kick sucks

Stay free PSN. I don't usually wait around for DLC to be released, does anyone know how far PSN usually lags behind when it comes to releases like this? I've got Street Fighter blue balls.

Toski

Damnit, I'm only going to get a few hours with AE before I go to Jamaica for two weeks. When I get back everyone will be Yun masters.

BitchTits

jlai said:
First impressions:

-Don't try unsafe cross ups on Mak's wake up. Free fukiage combo. Comes out ridiculously fast
-Much improved dash has messed up all my previous meaty setups :(
-U2. Wow. So good, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to leave my trusty easily combo'd into U1
This kills me. U2 was my main and now it's better but can't use it! LOL!

h3ro

Pop On Arrival said:
Stay free PSN. I don't usually wait around for DLC to be released, does anyone know how far PSN usually lags behind when it comes to releases like this? I've got Street Fighter blue balls.

Probably 6-8PM today, if they go by the usual release timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom