• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
Downloading as we speak. Gonna level up that Yun that for a couple hours then I'll probably come into Kadey's lobby to get bodied if there is room. :p

jlai

BitchTits said:
This kills me. U2 was my main and now it's better but can't use it! LOL!

It really depends on how confident you are in your ability to land U1 considering U2 got better and U1 more or less stayed the same. They said dmg scaling is better with u1 in combos.. i think i noticed a difference. Even in super I preferred U1 over 2 against Sim, which is saying something. There are so many setups to land it. U2 actually being fast enough to punish fireballs reliably is gonna help tremendously in certain match ups now though.

Gonna be a hard decision for me cause I do love the post U2 mixups too.

Rocwell

jlai said:
First impressions:

-Don't try unsafe cross ups on Mak's wake up. Free fukiage combo. Comes out ridiculously fast
-Much improved dash has messed up all my previous meaty setups :(
-U2. Wow. So good, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to leave my trusty easily combo'd into U1
-Thank god priority on Yun's dive kick sucks
Can you try doing meaty fukiage to see if it will punish jumps or backdash on wakeup?

USD

Anyone have frame data for the new characters? Right now, I'm setting the dummy on jump, hitting them on the landing frames, then holding up to see who jumps first to get frame estimates, haha.

FADCing Yang's slashes is weird, you have to hit MP+MK much earlier than I expected. Granted I'm a Fei player, the only thing I FADC is Flame Kick and MK (which is what I get when I fuck up a Flame Kick and get MK, haha).

Dexa

Banned
someone got a link to yun matchups?
i really need a lot of explanations - atm for me the shoto matchup is like 1/9 :(

Mike M

Nick N
*Bought and moved to the top of the queue.*

I will get spanked hardcore and lose interest, but I shall have fun while doing so!

USD

Ah, didn't know SRK had the frame data already, thanks.

I noticed that Capcom changed the dummy behavior with Tenshin. In Super, the dummy wouldn't block after Tenshin with Auto Block set on (so you had to set it to All Block to test Tenshin combos). Now it blocks on Auto Block. Convenient.

EDIT: Nevermind, it applies to Yang and Yun's Zenpou Tenshin, but the dummy still won't block after Fei's Tenshin. Yang and Yun OP confirmed.

USD said:
I noticed that Capcom changed the dummy behavior with Tenshin. In Super, the dummy wouldn't block after Tenshin with Auto Block set on (so you had to set it to All Block to test Tenshin combos). Now it blocks on Auto Block. Convenient.

Ah, didn't know SRK had the frame data already, thanks.
10120801_m.jpg

It's possible they got it from the Enterbrain mook that came out this past March. There is an updated one with ONI and E.Ryu publishing layer this month.

USD

Testing out Yun for a few seconds. Broken damage. cr.MP → cr.MP → st.MP → MK Nishou for 251 damage.

Yang's not too bad either. cl.MP → cr.MK → HP Tourou for 234.

jdub03

Bought it this morning. I only got a chance to play it for 10 minutes. I think I'm going to dabble with all the new characters. I'll still main ibuki though, and pay a little extra attention to yun.

I am gonna try Mak first being that she has higher learning curve than the twins. The twins don't seem that hard to use, so I'll just dabble with them.

argh, i am still at work.....9 or so more hours, lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It's finally here, can't believe it.

Anyone else here in the same boat as me? I play and enjoy much more Marvel than SSF4, but I know I'll buy the game anyways - I feel like I'd be better off buying the disc version, but I sure as hell don't want to wait that long till the 24th.

And I'm gonna feel like it'll be a waste if I buy both.

Funny thing is that I just might end up buying it as soon as everyone else gets online to play anyways, seeing as AE still has the major advantage over Marvel with spectator mode for 8.

I need this game more than ever now.....been so depressed after seeing what they did to Ninja Gaiden 3 T_T

I need to drown my sorrows in endless battles

LakeEarth

Marvel is fun, but I'm not great at it and will definitely win more playing AE. Winning is also fun. I'll probably bounce between the two until 3rd Strike Online comes out.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
LakeEarth said:
Marvel is fun, but I'm not great at it and will definitely win more playing AE. Winning is also fun. I'll probably bounce between the two until 3rd Strike Online comes out.

Yeah, good point - I won't be home tonight anyways to buy the DLC right away, but as a SF junkie, I guess I might end up biting the bullet (and HDD space :( ) and buy the DLC, with the disc on the cheap later on down the road.

EDIT: Not to mention the things I can do now with Dee Jay & Makoto makes me happy just thinking about it, and I wanna put Evil Ryu through the ropes.

USD

Might as well just jump into Ranked again, since playing Fei will be pretty much the same, I just have to mash EX Chicken Wing instead of HK to beat throws on wake-up (if I want a combo after it).
cackhyena said:
Downloading now. Is there a reason I can't see anyone's avatars?
Avatars are off during E3 so the site loads faster. They will most likely be back in a day or two (if not later today).

cackhyena

USD said:
Avatars are off during E3 so the site loads faster. They will most likely be back in a day or two (if not later today).
Thank you, sir. I kinda figured that, but wasn't sure. Thought maybe something was goofy on my end.

USD

I'm still in the HK Chicken Wing habit. Trying to break it, going to take a while to adjust.

And all of my wins have been against new characters, all my losses against old ones. Still no Yuns yet.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Verizon just now repaired the cable lines down the street. Internet was down since late last night here. Downloading now. 1%......2%..... I can feel it coming.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
_dementia said:
That would be a shame if true. Maybe the retail disc version of AE will be available on GoD?

Maybe. But it usually takes some time for a retail release to make its way to Games on Demand. This seems like quite an oversight.

thorin

GuardianE said:
Can anyone confirm that the Games on Demand version of SSFIV isn't compatible with AE? I read this off another forum.
I can confirm this. I have the on-demand SSF4 and downloaded AE this morning, only to get a "data is corrupt" message when it tried loading the DLC.

Hopefully there's a fix soon. :/

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
GuardianE said:
Can anyone confirm that the Games on Demand version of SSFIV isn't compatible with AE? I read this off another forum.

Its not working at the moment. Gives a failed to load message when checking for DLC at main menu.

I read that games on demand version didnt get prompted for the last patch so far, not sure about that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom