• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morris

Disco Devil
God's Beard said:
Brilliant EX Ducking innovation at 22 minutes

Holy shit... HYPE!!!

I can't wait to get my dirty hands on AE Dudley.

Joekage said:
Yo guys, to all who didn't see the stream, here's one of my best matches from the day. My two team members lost to their first player, and I came back and reverse OCV'd their team, which was sweet since they were a favorite to win it all.

Sucks that they came back and beat us in Losers finals due to some mistakes on our part but all in all a good show. Finally showing people that Cody can be a real threat against any character.

http://www.justin.tv/monsters_arcade/b/275941745

Starts at 42:45. Also, if you go back a bit, the Dudley player is Chaotix here on GAF, and later in the match you can see FindmyFarms behind me coaching me and cheering me on aka shaking the shit out of me haha.

Proud of you son, we still need to do that FT10 :C

Satyamdas

Banned
CPS2 said:
Hey guys no doubt a lot of you would've seen some AE videos from Sydney, we got it just in time for our S3 tournament, it was a very awesome weekend.

Me and some combomakers had been putting together a video for this event, it's online now and you can check it out at combovid.com (or youtube :D ).

I'm posting it here because you guys are most likely to be the ones interested in it, and it has a SSF4 theme. I did keep the theme a bit loose though and allowed some Charlie and Haggar combos because those characters are awesome, and they're sort of in the game (in the animated sequences, backgrounds and alt costumes etc).
Combo videos never cease to put a smile on my face. Awesome stuff, man. Nice music too!

haunts

Bacon of Hope
CPS2 said:
Hey guys no doubt a lot of you would've seen some AE videos from Sydney, we got it just in time for our S3 tournament, it was a very awesome weekend.

Me and some combomakers had been putting together a video for this event, it's online now and you can check it out at combovid.com (or youtube :D ).

I'm posting it here because you guys are most likely to be the ones interested in it, and it has a SSF4 theme. I did keep the theme a bit loose though and allowed some Charlie and Haggar combos because those characters are awesome, and they're sort of in the game (in the animated sequences, backgrounds and alt costumes etc).

that makoto combo was great. thanks for the upload. bad ass music too and im a huge snob when it comes to that stuff. :lol

Joekage

haunts said:
best cody

that cfp ch into ex rocks into ultra is easily one of my favorite combos in the game.
Thanks everyone. Couldn't have leveled up without you guys haha. And yeah haunts, that combo is so damn satisfying to hit. You put the fear of god in them with it haha.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
haunts said:
that makoto combo was great. thanks for the upload. bad ass music too and im a huge snob when it comes to that stuff. :lol

Your music choices are almost always dope.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Anyone has any idea if duds counterpick mania has been fixed in AE... tired of someone picking Honda or chun and all of a sudden its a hard fight...

Well, they deleted Honda, RH and cMK should be more useful vs Dhalsim. He got buffed and a lot of his bad matchups got worse, so it shouldn't be as bad. Fei's still going to suck, though.

Wallach

God's Beard said:
Well, they deleted Honda, RH and cMK should be more useful vs Dhalsim. He got buffed and a lot of his bad matchups got worse, so it shouldn't be as bad. Fei's still going to suck, though.

:lol

Amber alert, E. Honda was last seen on the back of a milk carton.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I'm back home in L.A. and can finally play Super SF4 for the 1st time :lol What's with all this goddamn rain though?

I missed all the tourneys since I've been busy. I take it GamerBee won at Paris? It's hilarious that I've been telling him snow is fun to play with if you're a kid, but a pain if you have to go outside and work. Well, GamerBee sees snow for the first time at Paris and thinks it's cool, but is now stranded in Paris because of the snowstorm :lol

Aruarian Reflection said:
I'm back home in L.A. and can finally play Super SF4 for the 1st time :lol What's with all this goddamn rain though?

I missed all the tourneys since I've been busy. I take it GamerBee won at Paris? It's hilarious that I've been telling him snow is fun to play with if you're a kid, but a pain if you have to go outside and work. Well, GamerBee sees snow for the first time at Paris and thinks it's cool, but is now stranded in Paris because of the snowstorm :lol

i didn't realize who you were until i saw your tag

God's Beard said:

Ice cold. :lol

Got some good games today against family. Feels so good. AE can't come soon enough.

DryEyeRelief said:
i didn't realize who you were until i saw your tag

Wait, that's SnowWolf/Protocol Snow? What's up up with the name change?

And how did things go down in Paris? Did Gamerbee win and how'd he do in money matches or long sets with him against Europe's finest. I gotta say going to Evo has really changed his life. Dude is a celebrity in the SF community now.

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:
And how did things go down in Paris? Did Gamerbee win and how'd he do in money matches or long sets with him against Europe's finest. I gotta say going to Evo has really changed his life. Dude is a celebrity in the SF community now.
Gamerbee won (beat Luffy in the Grand Final, at least I think that was the grand final). Pretty much ran through the rest of Europe's finest too - Ryan, Evans, Allioune, Starnab, VRyu et al.

Yeah Evo was a life changer. It's all well deserved - on top of being a godlike player he's a lovely bloke too.

pirateben said:
Gamerbee won (beat Luffy in the Grand Final, at least I think that was the grand final). Pretty much ran through the rest of Europe's finest too - Ryan, Evans, Allioune, Starnab, VRyu et al.

Yeah Evo was a life changer. It's all well deserved - on top of being a godlike player he's a lovely bloke too.

I read that Alioune beat Gamerbee in a FT10 though. Did they meet in the tourney or have a money match or another FT10? Alioune is such a monster, but does he not like money? He probably could have won so many Euro tourneys already if he just attends.

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:
I read that Alioune beat Gamerbee in a FT10 though. Did they meet in the tourney or have a money match or another FT10? Alioune is such a monster, but does he not like money? He probably could have won so many Euro tourneys already if he just attends.
Hmm I could be wrong on that - I heard he beat Alioune but maybe that was casuals and not the FT10 (which I didn't hear about)... not sure as I didn't watch the whole stream.

Maybe someone else who caught all the action can clarify...?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:

Lol, wonder if the best move was to nerf them rather than just fix the problems with some of duds moves. But oh well whatever works!

Mœbius

Well, I am able to clarify it myself... just spoke to Gamerbee - he hasn't played Alioune in-person yet (only online), but is going to his house today for some games.

SSF4AE BP ranking top10 for Japan 12/20
1. Daigo(Yun) BP27111
2. Kindevu(Yun) BP26099
3. Tokido(Akuma) BP23484
4. Mago(Fei long) BP22677
5. Shin Aojiru guile(Ibuki) BP22597
6. Gema(Fei long) BP22494
7. Shirou(Abel) BP22201
8. a.k.a.jojo(Dictator) BP22162
9. Kumagaya Zangief(Zangief) BP22158
10. CANTONA(Zangief) BP21998

Aojiru Guile dropped Rog? Oh well as long as it wasn't Pamyu or Maeda Taison, or else Black Vegeta would be on suicide watch.

Thanks for the clarification Pirateben.

DryEyeRelief said:
SSF4AE BP ranking top10 for Japan 12/20
1. Daigo(Yun) BP27111
2. Kindevu(Yun) BP26099
3. Tokido(Akuma) BP23484
4. Mago(Fei long) BP22677
5. Shin Aojiru guile(Ibuki) BP22597
6. Gema(Fei long) BP22494
7. Shirou(Abel) BP22201
8. a.k.a.jojo(Dictator) BP22162
9. Kumagaya Zangief(Zangief) BP22158
10. CANTONA(Zangief) BP21998
Awesome to see Shiro back. Loved his Abel in the vanilla days.

DryEyeRelief said:
I think he was always playing. It's just he plays on PSN, and pretty much all replays on the internet are from xbl.
Ah, gotcha. Is there a reason that overall top players prefer Xbox? Someone told me timing was different and Xbox is closer to arcade. Any truth to that?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Rice-Eater said:
According to this Alioune never entered the main solo tournament. And apparently the long set between him and Gamerbee doesn't have a confirmed winner.

http://shoryuken.com/f315/bushido-i...une-gamerbee-luffy-ryan-hart-name-few-259957/

But really, what's up with Alioune? It's like the guy has fallen in love with his own mystique. The #1 player in Europe without a doubt won't enter tournaments, so strange.

Not everyone enjoys tourneys, some people just play for fun!

Rocwell

CPS2 said:

Wow that's the first time I've seen that loop with Dudley on Abel. Is that an infinite or does he eventually get pushed out of range?

Lots to like in this one, thumbs up.

_dementia said:
Ah, gotcha. Is there a reason that overall top players prefer Xbox? Someone told me timing was different and Xbox is closer to arcade. Any truth to that?

no idea. i know that among the top players in japan, some bp/pp grind on both ps3 and xbox. so i don't think there's a preference.

The only tournament I know he entered was World Games Cup. He finished 2nd in one of the two solo tournaments, lost to Eita in the finals. In FT5's with Daigo and Eita, he got blown up pretty badly. It was the worse against Eita who really raped him hard in the Akuma/Sagat match up.

I see that he entered the team tourney and partnered up with Gamerbee, but not the solo as I already said. And I'm sure people just want to play for fun. But it still makes no sense, he spends tons of time playing this game and has reached a point where all of Europe has proclaimed him the best. But still he won't enter tourney's, if nothing else then to at least just win money. How can you not want money? Oh well, I'm done trying to understand the guy.

DryEyeRelief said:
no idea. i know that among the top players in japan, some bp/pp grind on both ps3 and xbox. so i don't think there's a preference.
You know, it's probably just for netplay reasons now that I think about it. There are many majors that use PS3 including Evolution.

toypop

Rice-Eater said:
Aojiru Guile dropped Rog? Oh well as long as it wasn't Pamyu or Maeda Taison, or else Black Vegeta would be on suicide watch.

Thanks for the clarification Pirateben.

http://twitter.com/#!/aojiru_zabel/status/15958718378156033

Months ago, he has changed his ring name to Aojiru Zabel, but he's still playing Rog. According to his twitter, the guy behind that "Shin(new) Aojiru Guile" is Dashio.
He also mentioned Dashio will make another card for his Viper with different name though.

toypop said:
http://twitter.com/#!/aojiru_zabel/status/15958718378156033

Months ago, he has changed his ring name to Aojiru Zabel, but he's still playing Rog. According to his twitter, the guy behind that "Shin(new) Aojiru Guile" is Dashio.
He also mentioned Dashio will make another card for his Viper with different name though.

that makes sense. he was using ibuki early on in Super.

_dementia said:
You know, it's probably just for netplay reasons now that I think about it. There are many majors that use PS3 including Evolution.

They use 360 because the PS3 has that input delay. They also probably migrated to the 360 because Daigo, Sako, Mago, and Tokido were using it. Of course Gods Garden started to use it, which made the other top players make the switch.

Originally the jp 360 userbase was:

Daigo
Dashio
Mago
Tokido
Makoto
YHC Mochi
Sako
GamerBee
Uryo
Acqua
Iyo

Once Gods Garden got involved the jp userbase increased with Momochi, Eita, Kindevu, Bonchan, Tonpy, etc...

Doesn't really matter anymore now that AE is here.

Edit: Had no idea Kim had Iyo AE Ibuki footage on youtube. Hell yeah.

haunts said:
ppl still wondering what happens when she is thrown on wake up though.

The thing is, she could already be thrown out of it in chocolate. Damn game needs to hurry up and hit London so I can see for myself what exactly happened.

cHaotix8

DarkoMaledictus said:
Anyone has any idea if duds counterpick mania has been fixed in AE... tired of someone picking Honda or chun and all of a sudden its a hard fight...

I'm pretty sure a lot of Dudley's bad matchups will stay that way except for maybe Guile. He's supposed to have a hard time getting in simply based on character design.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Lol, wonder if the best move was to nerf them rather than just fix the problems with some of duds moves. But oh well whatever works!

The thing with Honda is that he was supposed to be an Iron wall, which was bad for any character that needed to get in to do their damage. Even though he did his job well, he still had his share of bad matchups thanks to character design. Now that the developers have overlooked that, we're left with a character that can't do much of anything.

hitsugi

_dementia said:

There are some timing differences between 360 and PS3, but PSN is the reason that people prefer the 360 version for online play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom