• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

haunts said:
Alioune never really enters tourneys AFAIK. I forget the last major he entered -- got 3rd or something. Was earlier this year.

how about the last one that he actually won? with all of the hype that he's surrounded with (including people saying he's easily the best in his region,) it's strange that he doesn't participate in.. well, anything serious.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Ah, gotcha. Is there a reason that overall top players prefer Xbox? Someone told me timing was different and Xbox is closer to arcade. Any truth to that?
I believe the 360 is cheaper than the ps3 in japan and a lot of arcade players don't really game normally so they pick up the cheaper console.

toypop said:
http://twitter.com/#!/aojiru_zabel/status/15958718378156033

Months ago, he has changed his ring name to Aojiru Zabel, but he's still playing Rog. According to his twitter, the guy behind that "Shin(new) Aojiru Guile" is Dashio.
He also mentioned Dashio will make another card for his Viper with different name though.

Thank you for the clarification my good man.

Speaking of Maeda or Pamyu...were in the flying fuck are you guys!????

If anyone has access to AE and plays Dudley, can you test this combo for me?

RH xx EX MGB, Ducking Straight, EX Ducking Upper FADC(first hit) Ducking Straight, Fierce Jet Upper

I think it should work?

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

MOTHERFUCKER

My xbox I just got a couple months ago got an e74 error. Tried swapping the VGA cable for HDMI, no dice. Fuck, this one had a pre-emptive xclamp fix and everything to prevent this whole situation.

FUCK. 3 Xboxes dead.

-PXG-

So I started playing Super again. Oh baby how I've missed you. Gotta scrape off the rust and get what little skill I had back :lol

_dementia said:
I once had a Chun ragequit on my Q.
High point of my SF career right there, that shit is 8-2 easily.

This is the highpoint of my 3rd Strike Career:

QBYwA.png

Imm0rt4l

-PXG- said:
So I started playing Super again. Oh baby how I've missed you. Gotta scrape off the rust and get what little skill I had back :lol
Same here man, I'm finally gonna be able to play super again next week after 6 months of no ps3.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
God's Beard said:
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

MOTHERFUCKER

My xbox I just got a couple months ago got an e74 error. Tried swapping the VGA cable for HDMI, no dice. Fuck, this one had a pre-emptive xclamp fix and everything to prevent this whole situation.

FUCK. 3 Xboxes dead.
u tried mashing Ultra?

_dementia said:
Ah, gotcha. Is there a reason that overall top players prefer Xbox? Someone told me timing was different and Xbox is closer to arcade. Any truth to that?

Yeah, man. PS3 has a bit of input dela compared to 360.

SephirothRK said:
lol you still kept that picture? I'm ashamed forever.:lol
You have to admit, that's the coolest outcome ever.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
u tried mashing Ultra?

Speaking of mashing, I'm having trouble readjusting to a game that requires you to have execution and actually hit the directions that do the moves :lol

I keep messing up the super because instead of doing
vaDWE.gif
vaDWE.gif
, I do the SF4 roll and get
vaDWE.gif
msMDZ.gif
vaDWE.gif

AZ Greg

God's Beard said:
It's just even now, right?

Well they said even from max distance. Which would suggest that it's -4 from pointblank range. Which should equal in a free throw or 3F punish ala Guile's st.cl.jab. The move is currently -1 from pointblank. So not really sure what's going on, especially since Oichi's site was saying it's a free throw. Regardless, I never use it that close so it should still be safe enough for my uses. Only thing he'll really lose is the jump back fierce IOH followup.

And yeah Vegeta, EX Roll > Cr.Strong > EX FBA works! :D Only issue is landing the EX Roll. Most good fireball users won't get hit by it and it only combos from st.cl.fierce. Which isn't the most practical move to land in non-punish situations. I'm hoping it will combo from his new 6 frame cr.forward, at least on counter-hit. Tatsu already said it doesn't combo normally. :(

Dartastic said:
So over the past couple months, I've become even MORE of a scrub. However, I think I'm coming out of it. Mak is back? I HOPE SO.
I feel like I'm continually a part of a scrub/non-scrub sine wave.

Threi said:
Looks like DeeJay is vulnerable to counterhits the entire duration his fireball is out, not just during recovery frames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p-MG9kDl-fM#t=173s
Wow, that sucks. Is this unique to him?

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
Wow, that sucks. Is this unique to him?
yup. Very odd change.

I guess Capcom doesn't want DeeJay zoning at ALL, especially considering almost all his offensive tools got buffed.

LakeEarth said:
Are you sure that isn't just a counterhit to whatever he was doing at the time, independent of the fireball?
Well he was dashing...I am still holding out hope that he pushed a button (i didn't hear anything). The dev blog stated its for "the whole move" but wasn't specific whether they meant the whole move of the projectile or just deejay's recovery frames.

Anyone who has access to AE cabs can confirm/deny plz?

I actually like the idea of fireball counterhit. It should be like that for every character, then just buff fireballs.

AZ Greg said:
Regardless, I never use it that close so it should still be safe enough for my uses. Only thing he'll really lose is the jump back fierce IOH followup.

No more knockdown crossover gimmicks, huh?

AZ Greg

God's Beard said:
No more knockdown crossover gimmicks, huh?

Are you talking about regular hop over tricks to cr.lk > ex fba, for example? Those will all be fine since the only thing changed about Heel is its on block value.

I'm assuming you're talking about df.rh > rh st > ambig df.rh xup > df.rh

That's still wait and see, especially with that Tatsu video. Though I think the df.rh after the amgig. xup df.rh is just slightly meaty enough to keep me safe regardless. But I've already replaced the last df.rh with st.cl.hp in anticipation of the nerf. It's actually better in the sense that I always get that move as opposed to a slide when I fool myself on the ambig. df.rh xup sometimes. :lol And if it hits I get the combo into cr.mp xx ex fba which does more damage than hitting with another df.rh > rh st. Though the cost is that I have to hit a link, waste a meter, and lose the positioning to do the mixup again. We'll see.

Yeah, I guess it does have a ton of active frames, so the meaty helps a lot.

In other news, Yang can dive kick after a roll kick for the reset. It's like Ibuki's EX upkicks for no meter, and it tracks the opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom