• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Looks like the characters I'll be playing are going to be Gouken, Dudley,Yun and Fei :)

Morro! said:
EX Ducking fucking sucks :(

I never believed the hype. But I'm waiting on ThirtyFours part 3 dudley tutorial to drop. I'm trying to make use of st. mp, I hear it's GDLK someone said it's even comparable to bisons mk.

Mœbius

The Int3rsect said:
Haha I was editing my previous post with more info but looks like you replied to it already.

I thought about playing Fei Long but thought Akuma was much more versatile. And he somewhat fits to my playing style. But I'm probably going to play Akuma out and see how it goes. I will be going to a local tourney this weekend to get some help lol
Heh.

Can't comment much on Fei as I've barely used him; he's considered one of the top tier characters in AE (along with Yun and Yang) though from what I have heard he's not as easy to use as those two. Not to say he's really difficult to use, I don't think he us...but i'm not sure, maybe a Fei player can comment...?

So you like versatile characters... maybe you could also consider Ken, Ibuki, Cammy.

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
How you liking lp Palm for Gouken?
I'm not really diggin it man. But part of that is because they should have made the old lp palm the new mp palm and mp to hp, essentially getting rid of the old hp palm. lp palm is supposedly safe on block, so it should be pretty nice in closer quarters where gouken is very weak. I need to use him a bit more befoer I can really judge it, I can see it's potential though. Not liking the changes to counter or backthrow though.

Ultimoo said:
at least watching ultras do practically do no damage is good. loool.
Yeppers, SF4 isn't like some other fighters with minimum damage limits on super moves regardless of however many moves hit before it in the combo.

Neki

_dementia said:
Yeppers, SF4 isn't like some other fighters with minimum damage limits on super moves regardless of however many moves hit before it in the combo.
Yeah it's pretty...

hey. :mad:

Natural

Played quite a bit with Oni the other day, a bit to slow for me but his links seem easy enough. Going to start messing around with Yang today (lol).

Morris

Disco Devil
the_log_ride said:
woo avatars back!

making a decent run in ranked matches... gimme dem pps/bps! 'Still haven't come across oni or e.ryu

I fought like 5 evil ryus in a row and no twins.

Mashing DP is still the hit on ranked it seems...

Edit: Why hasn't any mod changed the thread title? :eek:

jlai

I seem to get stuck around the 1300 pp barrier for some reason.. don't really remember it being this hard to get my pp up in Super. I'll win a few and then lose a few in a row. I think I just lack the discipline to consistently play well as Mak (read: press too many buttons). Really enjoyed running into alot of the top players on XBL. Ended the night off on a high note though, took out Latif!

Sorry again black_vegeta for the random ultra thinking the axe kick connected, I did the same thing to Sabin a couple weeks back :(

Rocwell

Yay, I'm the second highest bp Makoto on psn. Time to retire from ranked.

I'm really loving Makoto now, especially ex hayate, fukiage in the corner. Her ex axe kick is a little weird now, I'm gonna have to get used to that. The Fukiage buff is really noticeable, if I see anyone mess up a safe jump I throw it out for massive stun combos. Some of her matchups that gave me a lot of trouble haven't felt quite as bad in super. I've been trying to make better use of her U2, since a lot of people have been playing with E.Ryu and Oni. I still have trouble punishing things with it online, although I did manage to punish a sonic boom which made me happy.

The twins are kind of weird, their pokes are nice and fast but it feels like they're kind of lacking in range. The rush punch feels way too safe for a move that can cross like 2/3rds of the screen. It's going to take some time in the lab to figure out how to punish that and his dragon kicks. And that palm is BS, I swear he recovers before the active frames finish lol Every time I tried to punish a yun for throwing it out from full screen I ended up running directly into the thing.

Imm0rt4l

Super Street Figgter 4 Arcade Edition|OT| Revenge of the PRC
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition|OT| Just choose a Chinese Character
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition|OT| Divekicks and infinite blockstun
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition|OT| Time to let the twins out

Ibuki feels a lot better to me now, feels more natural despite the changes in her jump trajectory.

one_kill

Could anyone tell me what is going to happen to my records (play time, BPs and PPs, etc.) after installing Arcade Edition?

Is there separate in game stat tracking for AE?

V_Arnold

Ibuki feels awesome now, it is much easier to combo around lp/lk. I am loving her.

one_kill said:
Could anyone tell me what is going to happen to my records (play time, BPs and PPs, etc.) after installing Arcade Edition?

I do not think so.

jlai

one_kill said:

There are separate leaderboards for BP/PP I believe. Not sure about play time

vissione

Banned
one_kill said:

I just checked and yes it preserves the SSF4 data. My playtime still shows 1243 hours played and now it shows BP/PP for AE and also for SSF4. Nothing is lost that I can tell by eyeballing it

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
"Sorry for GoD SSFIV waiting for a patch for AE, we're working on a fix, but i still have no firm timings i can share. Sorry."

Hey man it's all good, as long as you all are sooooorry and give me an arbitrary date/solution! :) :I :/ :( >:[
Damnit all, my friend has my SSFIV disc, so I sold it to him and bought on demand (plus AE).
Now I find there's no AE title update.

I know I should have researched this beforehand, but this is a stupid thing to let through.
Fuck, why didn't I stick with waiting for the PC version? =/

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
B-Genius said:
Damnit all, my friend has my SSFIV disc, so I sold it to him and bought on demand (plus AE).
Now I find there's no AE title update.

I know I should have researched this beforehand, but this is a stupid thing to let through.

It's not your fault the haven't fixed their broken game. The longer I'm forced to wait to more angry I'm getting at this otherwise mundane real life shit. Reminds me of that Louis CK bit.

We have white people problems in America. You know what that is? That’s where your life is amazing, so you just make shit up to be upset about.

People in other countries have real problems, like, ‘oh shit, they’re cutting off all our heads today.’ Things like that.

Here we make shit up to be upset about, like ‘how come I have to choose a language on the ATM machine? It’s bullshit! I shouldn’t have to do that, I’m American!’

Unless I'm playing AE on my console before the day is over, this was literally the last time I bought a capcom game that wasn't part of some kind of crazy 1$ sale.

Nose Master

one_kill said:

No. All of the stats on that screen are identical, there's just Yun and Yang shoved into the end of the character specific stats.

It's truly lazy shit.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
It's not your fault the haven't fixed their broken game. The longer I'm forced to wait to more angry I'm getting at this otherwise mundane real life shit. Reminds me of that Louis CK bit.

Unless I'm playing AE on my console before the day is over, this was literally the last time I bought a capcom game that wasn't part of some kind of crazy 1$ sale.
This isn't real life shit though, this is just a game. I don't get angry at real life, so I'm allowed to get angry at games. They're the one thing I feel I can take for granted, and when things don't go smoothly, it's very noticeable.

*Capcom apologising*
Let's not listen.

Corky

B-Genius said:
This isn't real life shit though, this is just a game. I don't get angry at real life, so I'm allowed to get angry at games. They're the one thing I feel I can take for granted, and when things don't go smoothly, it's very noticeable.

*Capcom apologising*
Let's not listen.

I meant more as in "a game" being just something ridiculously mundane thing to get angry/upset at in day to day life but I can't help it especially since I've paid for shit. If another volcano erupted and the game was delayed for 1 month I would've shrugged compared to buying it, having it, owning it and not be able to play it even for a second.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
I meant more as in "a game" being just something ridiculously mundane thing to get angry/upset at in day to day life but I can't help it especially since I've paid for shit. If another volcano erupted and the game was delayed for 1 month I would've shrugged compared to buying it, having it, owning it and not be able to play it even for a second.
Yeah, this is what I mean by "taking games for granted". I guess we are just spoilt these days...

The annoying thing is, if other people have reported this problem, why aren't Capcom or Microsoft making people more aware of it? They could add a warning to the description(s) at the very least. Instead, they just let people keep spending their money and getting frustrated.

Corky

B-Genius said:
Yeah, this is what I mean by "taking games for granted". I guess we are just spoilt these days...

The annoying thing is, if other people have reported this problem, why aren't Capcom or Microsoft making people more aware of it? They could add a warning to the description(s) at the very least. Instead, they just let people keep spending their money and getting frustrated.

Nah man really`?, no offence at all here but viewing it as being "spoiled" or "taking games for granted" when I purchased the fucking shit and am not able to play it because of errors on their end is the most asinine thing I've ever heard, SF is not an mmo. Can you even imagine this happening in any other situation? Regardless of amount invested, be it a milk carton that turns out to be empty or you having to wait for some abitrary reason to drive your newly purchased car that's currently just sitting in the garage waiting to be "unlocked"

And on the other thing, of course they're not gonna post a warning that would deter people from spending money.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hehe, we are really bumming out the conversation here (sorry chaps!)

No offence taken; I (along with many gamers) am conditioned to want games now now now - pop in the disk/enter the code, playing a game without any hitches in minutes. And I take your point: why shouldn't I be?

It does have a lot to do with our expectations being higher these days.

Imagine buying a train ticket and then finding you had to wait for the next train because of errors on their end. This can be very frustrating for many, but it's bound to happen. Games are not a service or a necessity though; they are a luxury form of entertainment. Does that justify me getting pissed at things like this? Probably not, but at the end of the day, maybe it stops me punching strangers in the face.

V_Arnold

B-Genius if you buy a train ticket and train only goes off a day later, you WILL be able to refund it immediately. Immediately. Refund.

These are very basic requirements for any sort of item.
It is not about being childish or spoiled.
It is about incorrectly not informing the buyer that what he buys is USELESS for what he plan to use.

That is a bad, punishable deed, regardless of what it comes to.

Corky

B-Genius said:
Hehe, we are really bumming out the conversation here (sorry chaps!)

Yeah I guess we both have had our say by now, I have nothing to add really other than my continuous dissappointment the longer this trifle goes unresolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom