• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lince

Banned
if this has been asked before, as AE will be available this afternoon in EU and I plan to buy it... do I need to download the 'upgrade kit' before the Arcade Edition pack? what does this 'upgrade kit' exactly add? I'm a bit confused they're separate downloads... don't want to waste HDD space if the kit is for those that don't want to buy the AE or something like that. Thanks in advance.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lince said:
if this has been asked before, as AE will be available this afternoon in EU and I plan to buy it... do I need to download the 'upgrade kit' before the Arcade Edition pack? what does this 'upgrade kit' exactly add? I'm a bit confused they're separate downloads... don't want to waste HDD space if the kit is for those that don't want to buy the AE or something like that. Thanks in advance.
The upgrade kit is for SSFIV. Is free of charge an adds the possibility of watching AE replays.
I guess you dont need to get it if you buy AE.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Just got off the phone with Capcom UK: they said they're looking into the issue and if they gave us an ETA, they'd be lying.

Tried Xbox Live support, and they were of zero use. I was asked if I had tried deleting and re-downloading both SSFIV and the add-on. I said yes. We also tried deleting the system cache and deleting my profile/recovering gamer tag.

I was then asked to re-download from the download history, not from Marketplace. I told the guy it would take ages and that I just hoped for a refund for the points I spent on AE, seeing as that's the one not working. He said the issue has been escalated (but earlier said it wasn't "widespread"), and that they'd get in touch within 3 weeks.

Brilliant.

Anyhoo, in order to perk discussion up again, I vote for this gem:
Imm0rt4l said:
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition|OT| Time to let the twins out

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
B-Genius said:
Just got off the phone with Capcom UK: they said they're looking into the issue and if they gave us an ETA, they'd be lying.

Tried Xbox Live support, and they were of zero use. I was asked if I had tried deleting and re-downloading both SSFIV and the add-on. I said yes. We also tried deleting the system cache and deleting my profile/recovering gamer tag.

I was then asked to re-download from the download history, not from Marketplace. I told the guy it would take ages and that I just hoped for a refund for the points I spent on AE, seeing as that's the one not working. He said the issue has been escalated (but earlier said it wasn't "widespread"), and that they'd get in touch within 3 weeks.

Brilliant.

That's great.

Also for any poor soul who thinks redownloading the game will fix it, it won't so don't bother.

But you can run out to your nearest store and buy a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 TM for your entertainment system of choice right now!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Corky said:
That's great.

Also for any poor soul who thinks redownloading the game will fix it, it won't so don't bother.

But you can run out to your nearest store and buy a copy of Super Street Fighter 4 TM for your entertainment system of choice right now!

That's what I would do, then return it.

Corky

Adam Prime said:
That's what I would do, then return it.

Don't bother with that either, unconfirmed, but apparently using a disc to get the AE-prepatch for your games on demand SSF4 and then removing the disc when you try to play AE will introduce wierd things, some dude on the capcomunity site tried this and his 360 froze each time he tried to start AE GoD without the SSF4 disc in.

Capcom's got ya covered.

Lince

Banned
Fersis said:
The upgrade kit is for SSFIV. Is free of charge an adds the possibility of watching AE replays.
I guess you dont need to get it if you buy AE.

Gracias Fersis... I'll just grab the AE DLC then.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
damn so what's up with Onis mixup punch? Do you just need to be blocking opposite when he does it? It comes out so fast, I don't see how you could block this thing when he's right up on you.

Adam Prime said:
damn so what's up with Onis mixup punch? Do you just need to be blocking opposite when he does it? It comes out so fast, I don't see how you could block this thing when he's right up on you.

yeah, looks like you have to block the opposite direction. His Ultra (U2?) animation if fuckin cool looking, holy cow!!

And FUCK YUN's LUNGE PUNCH.....holy shit! Is this like the scrubbiest moves to end all scrubby moves!!?? Yun players mashing the shit out of this when they are in trouble. Jesus Christ.

Fighting someone who knows how to play the twins is all kinds of hell. And I don't have ever Izuna dropped so much before than when dealing with these characters, but it seems like an important tool for Guy to deal with their dive kick shenanigans.

LakeEarth

Adam Prime said:
It is hard to block, but during the forward motion Oni is wide open to throws, normal attacks AND projectiles.

I'm following ice0age on replays...dude is way too godlike. <3

Edit: ShinAkuma's cpu dies on the launch day of AE, haha what luck. No uploads from him for at least 14 days.

USD

Note to self: don't mash on Ultra during an (Ultra-safe) Rekka string to counter the opponent's Ultra. You'll just get another Rekka.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
I'm following ice0age on replays...dude is way too godlike. <3

Edit: ShinAkuma's cpu dies on the launch day of AE, haha what luck. No uploads from him for at least 14 days.

did he change his name to stone0age r?

USD

Adam Prime said:
.... So how do you fight against Oni and Evil Ryu in Arcade mode? Apparently not even Google knows this.
I'm fairly sure the requirements are the same (or almost the same) as the requirements for Akuma and Gouken. I posted the requirements in the thread weeks back. Found Evil Ryu's. Need to find Oni's.

Requirements to fight Evil Ryu (after the fight against Seth) in Arcade mode:

-No continues
-Win all rounds
-Achieve certain number of perfects (based on the number of rounds)
best-of-1 round: 1
best-of-3 rounds: 2
best-of-5 rounds: 3
best-of-7 rounds: 4
-Defeat Seth in the final round with a Super or Ultra Combo

EDIT: I guess I don't have Oni's requirements. Got Evil Ryu's from the Capcom blog, guess they never posted Oni's.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
Lol, nah I saw that on the replay list and laughed.

It's still Battle Kat

lol i know what your GT is...i'm asking what ice0age R's GT is so i can follow him, too...was asking if he changed it to that :p

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So yeah, confirmed that the AE mook was wrong about Chun's super, mk version still punishes ex dash punch while lk and hk versions still can't.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Damn anyone else feel like after playing Marvel than SFIV takes forever to load into fights? Jeesh I'm so used to the quick loading of Marvel I am constantly mashing X haha

Adam Prime said:
Damn anyone else feel like after playing Marvel than SFIV takes forever to load into fights? Jeesh I'm so used to the quick loading of Marvel I am constantly mashing X haha
Install the game and play against others who do the same. It won't give you Marvel loading, but it will cut down on waiting.
Just one more reason I'm happy SFxTK is loading character models in the character select screen.

cackhyena

Threi said:
I want to get in the lab soooooooooo bad with new deejay

the possibilities...*evil grin*
*shivers*

I'm wanting to get in Kadey's lobby, but that doesn't look like it's happening anytime soon with this GoD mix up. Played for a good three hours on PSN last night. Evil Ryu is quite ass, but I love playing with him. Oni is pretty alright. Can't wait to see high level play of him more often. Is there a Yun tutorial out there for combos and such? I'm really missing the trials here.

XenoRaven

Adam Prime said:
I have the game installed, so no long load times for me!

Corky

Siiiiiiigh, is there any stream or anything going on atm? CEO is using AE right?

BotoxAgent said:
i haven't checked the replay feature, so you can just search for names easily now?

From what I can tell, you can search for someone's replay channel (a player can create a channel with his saved replays). You can't search for a players name and then a list of all uploaded replays show up.

However, Capcom made it a little easier be having a list of high PP players showing their latest uploaded replay. You can decide to "follow" that person.

Once you follow that person, it will notify you when a replay for that person has been uploaded and you can view.

Chavelo

Thanks to the PC modding community, the other new costumes for Oni/E. Ryu/Yung/Yang have been found:

2nd (alternate) costumes...

Now the 3rd costumes...

hitsugi

Good on them to allow people to follow others' replays. I'd be following sako for some supposed Yang action but I guess I'll just go play him this Fri and see for myself D:

Since AE has been arcades only and Sako was notorious for not going to them.. I wonder how much play he's gotten in

black_vegeta said:
From what I can tell, you can search for someone's replay channel (a player can create a channel with his saved replays). You can't search for a players name and then a list of all uploaded replays show up.

However, Capcom made it a little easier be having a list of high PP players showing their latest uploaded replay. You can decide to "follow" that person.

Once you follow that person, it will notify you when a replay for that person has been uploaded and you can view.

thanks. Well at least it sounds a lot less work than the previous system.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
_dementia said:
Install the game and play against others who do the same. It won't give you Marvel loading, but it will cut down on waiting.
Just one more reason I'm happy SFxTK is loading character models in the character select screen.

Yeah Ive had it installed just day one, I'm just bitching that Marvel is faster.

By the way, I love the 8-bit avatars. I wonder if they'll release more. Good for that artist, I hope he's getting some nice royalties from Capcom.

USD

_dementia said:
Even though I'm probably the only person who like the kitchen chef outfits, I like the twins' second alts too.
I like Yang's, but I don't like Yun's, mainly because of the hat. There's Color 10, but that also removes the outer shirt. Alt 2 is looking good, don't like Evil Ryu's or Oni's though.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
black_vegeta said:
I ran into a few Yun/Yang's. Most of them shitty, a few godlike.

I figure it's going to be that way for a while.

... I kinda like fighting online right now though. You have NO idea what you're going to get. I figure most people who purchased AE on day one have some skill because they're into the game enough to purchase it on the first day.

I love the replays and the following. It's a great system, I feel like I can actually watch some videos and see some inputs and it will actually be educational. I pray to God that Super Marvel has a system like this.

USD said:
I like Yang's, but I don't like Yun's, mainly because of the hat. There's Color 10, but that also removes the outer shirt. Alt 2 is looking good, don't like Evil Ryu's or Oni's though.
Is there a site where I can see the alternate colors? I did not know that the outer shirt gets removed.

Corky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom