• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

spindashing said:
Is there a site where I can see the alternate colors? I did not know that the outer shirt gets removed.
Not that I know of. I only knew about Color 10 from watching Daigo play. Just about every other Yun uses his original costume.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I dont have AE but im gonna watch some replays right now.

notworksafe

Corky said:
I thought the 670mb file was the AE update.
There was a title update (12MB) as well (on PS3) when I started SSF4 after installing AE. It's the one that tells the game to accept the AE DLC (and it's the update missing on GoD version of SSF4).

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
N4Us said:
I'm following Broly Legs right now but that's it.
Is that the same Broly who plays with his mouth? Just wondering because of the Legs/Chun reference.

That's good they figured out the GoD/AE problem. Nerd rage has settled now, but it'd be nice to have some compensation for the wait. Free costume pack or something.

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
Dunno but, how you liking the new Makoto?

She's great. The change you'll notice the most is the much improved fukiage.. almost to a point of being too good. Any unsafe cross up attempt on wake up = a shitton of damage. You can even crouch tech on wake up and fukiage in time if they neutral jump on your wake up. Better dash being a close second, although a lot of meaty timing setups have to be adjusted now. Her tools of getting in have almost made it even more dangerous for me to play in a sense that I'll end up becoming overaggressive and losing the match.

I've also definitely noticed the damage scaling for U1 in combos was tweaked for the better. Seems it'll kill the char in instances in super where it would've left them with a sliver of health. Crouching LK hitbox buff is noticable as well.

Was messing around for a little in training yesterday and with any midscreen ex hayate. You can dash up three times I think (maybe 2, at work so I forget), and then immediately S.MP. It hits super meaty and can link into ultra, or OS ultra for chars with bad backdashes. C.Lk works there too, but you have to delay it a little.

Did you get it yet?

jlai said:
I've also definitely noticed the damage scaling for U1 in combos was tweaked for the better. Seems it'll kill the char in instances in super where it would've left them with a sliver of health.

This is something that I noticed when you got me with dat U1 last night. I was expecting to have some life left, but I was wrong.

They definitely buffed the damage.

I am trying to make Mak my new main. She feels really dangerous. I am still a noob with her and my spacing is really bad with her. But she feels more gratifying to play now.

Cammy is still good! Her cannon strike height restriction isn't that bad, imo, and I've been locking a lot of opponents down with it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:
She's great. The change you'll notice the most is the much improved fukiage.. almost to a point of being too good. Any unsafe cross up attempt on wake up = a shitton of damage. You can even crouch tech on wake up and fukiage in time if they neutral jump on your wake up. Better dash being a close second, although a lot of meaty timing setups have to be adjusted now. Her tools of getting in have almost made it even more dangerous for me to play in a sense that I'll end up becoming overaggressive and losing the match.

I've also definitely noticed the damage scaling for U1 in combos was tweaked for the better. Seems it'll kill the char in instances in super where it would've left them with a sliver of health. Crouching LK hitbox buff is noticable as well.

Was messing around for a little in training yesterday and with any midscreen ex hayate. You can dash up three times I think (maybe 2, at work so I forget), and then immediately S.MP. It hits super meaty and can link into ultra, or OS ultra for chars with bad backdashes. C.Lk works there too, but you have to delay it a little.

Did you get it yet?

Nice.

And nah, don't have it yet but I will soon. Got more important things to spend money on unfortunately.

jlai

black_vegeta said:
This is something that I noticed when you got me with dat U1 last night. I was expecting to have some life left, but I was wrong.

They definitely buffed the damage.

If i'm not mistaken, they buffed the damage scaling when used in combos (instant axe kick, meaty overhead, meaty s.mp, karakusa, etc), not naked ultras

jlai said:
If i'm not mistaken, they buffed the damage scaling when used in combos (instant axe kick, meaty overhead, meaty s.mp, karakusa, etc), not naked ultras

Hmmmm, that took off a big chunk from what I recall. Oh wellz.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
IIRC, they changed how much damage the different parts of her ultra do too. Like I think the last part is supposed to do more damage, and the earlier parts do less damage or something.

USD

*Sigh* I hate being mediocre at this game. Been playing Fei since Vanilla, maybe it's time to move on. I still don't think that would change much though.

LakeEarth

Yang (and Yun) have a s.mp->fp->b.fp chain combo which he links from a standing medium, and apparently you can get one more hit after it in the corner.

cackhyena

hertog said:
So I've heard :)
But I'm gonna try one of the four new characters tonight
He's still fun, don't get me wrong. I love the exaggerated animations he has. I'd love fro more characters to be that outlandish in their moves.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
LakeEarth said:
Yang (and Yun) have a s.mp->fp->b.fp chain combo which he links from a standing medium, and apparently you can get one more hit after it in the corner.

thanks, see this is another reason I wish there were trials for these guys. How lazy can you get seriously. Is the b.fp in s.mp->fp->b.fp special cancelable? Fadcable?

cackhyena

Corky.
Capcom Europe tweeted this around 4 hours ago, "GoD 360 & AE update - solved the problem just working on the fix with Microsoft. Hopefully have some good news within next 24"

Corky

cackhyena said:
Corky.
Capcom Europe tweeted this around 4 hours ago, "GoD 360 & AE update - solved the problem just working on the fix with Microsoft. Hopefully have some good news within next 24"

Hey man, yeah posted that abit earlier above. Not sure if this is good or bad news frankly since we already knew what the "fix" was to begin with ( uh release the same patch for GoD as retail disc got? ). I'm dreading that we have to wait several days or god forbid weeks for the patch go to through certification. Hopefully this'll just count as a hotfix and somehow be exempt from the certprocess. Hopefully.

:/

cackhyena

Corky said:
Hey man, yeah posted that abit earlier above. Not sure if this is good or bad news frankly since we already knew what the "fix" was to begin with ( uh release the same patch for GoD as retail disc got? ). I'm dreading that we have to wait several days or god forbid weeks for the patch go to through certification. Hopefully this'll just count as a hotfix and somehow be exempt from the certprocess. Hopefully.

:/
Oh, whoops, missed your post on it. Here I thought I was bringing good tidings. Yeah, hopefully it's a quick fix. Such a goofy oversight.

Corky

cackhyena said:
Oh, whoops, missed your post on it. Here I thought I was bringing good tidings. Yeah, hopefully it's a quick fix. Such a goofy oversight.

It's all good, sometimes things get overlooked in these megathreads anyway :). Yeah I really hope the fix is implemented a s a p so I can play like everybody else.

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
True. Although I still mess up the timing after a ex-punch.

Rocky how's the rog changes? I got to play the game for a little while at a friends house and the one match I used rog I just quickly tried out the new cl.mp dealy. It felt like I could only throw out one jab before having to hit the cl.mp otherwise it would come out as far mp.

Again didn't really get to try him out.

"Thanks Tekno, mind if a scrub like myself signs on?"

I'm not the host, but I doubt professor beef minds.

Edit: And due to nobody but GAF joining, we just made it an endless instead :/

USD

So if everything goes as planned there should be three solid streams tonight.

Spooky is already in Florida, but Guard Crush 17 is still coming. Stream will be here:

http://www.justin.tv/FingerCramp

As for Spooky himself, he's been saying that he has a special stream planned, most likely featuring Tokido and Gamerbee. Not sure whether it will actually go down, but you should know where to find Sp00ky:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

There's also a special Wednesday Night Fights. According to Valle, Sako, Laugh, Infiltration, WolfKrone, and others will be there. Should be starting at 8PM PDT/11PM EDT:

http://www.justin.tv/leveluplive

Of course, I'm expecting the Team Spooky and Level|Up streams to be AE-focused, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom