• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Level Up has been hyping tonight's stream for a couple weeks so hopefully it'll be good. And Tokido/GamerBee are in Florida today so that makes sense about Spooky's stream.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Evil Ryu sucks, Oni is okay and the brothers are so too good.

My match vs Ghostridah.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/287640770

Congrats to Rb for breaking Eva's win streak. (With Yun duurrr)

I'm loving Evil Ryu despite his problems. His main issues are his health and slowness compared to Akuma and Vanilla Ryu. It's hard to actually figure out what type of character he's supposed to be.

-----------------------------------------------

^this whole week is stream week. Got a bunch of other stuff like UFC also.

MrMephistoX

Haven't downloaded this yet because the AE cover art is gorgeous and I really want to hold out for the disk. It's so tempting though...I don't know if I can hold out until the 28th :(

Finally got AE here in the Uk on psn - moving to live very very soon - and have played nothing but Yun's and Evil Ryu's with occasional Oni's thrown in with his stupid cross up dash move.
My 1 hour Yang is alright too but i'm not giving up my main Rose or Cammy for him although finding ways to combo into his awesome looking ultra 1 will be a lot of fun down the line and i'll need to make at least one decent looking super for him.

Oddly enough, E.Ryu's working out pretty well for me. It feels so good to pull of the axe kick, cr.LP or cr.MP xx LK Tatsu combos

And shouts to Rice for that reset video. Gotta make use of his nice forward dash.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
the_log_ride said:
Oddly enough, E.Ryu's working out pretty well for me. It feels so good to pull of the axe kick, cr.LP or cr.MP xx LK Tatsu combos

And shouts to Rice for that reset video. Gotta make use of his nice forward dash.

Are they both one framers?

USD said:
So everything goes as planned there should be three solid streams tonight.

Spooky is already in Florida, but Guard Crush 17 is still coming. Stream will be here:

http://www.justin.tv/FingerCramp

As for Spooky himself, he's been saying that he has a special stream planned, most likely featuring Tokido and Gamerbee. Not sure whether it will actually go down, but you should know where to find Sp00ky:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

There's also a special Wednesday Night Fights. According to Valle, Sako, Laugh, Infiltration, WolfKrone, and others will be there. Should be starting at 8PM PDT/11PM EDT:

http://www.justin.tv/leveluplive

Of course, I'm expecting the Team Spooky and Level|Up streams to be AE-focused, but who knows.

Offcast will also be streaming the non capcom games at WNF:

http://www.justin.tv/offcast

I felt pretty dirty winning in Ranked just now. Hit a full U1 with Hawk on a Dudley, then a few seconds later, hit a Super to steal the game.

And holy shit Kadey, you weren't lying; Evil Ryu takes truckloads of damage. Even on trades, I was still getting the life advantage.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
5gMzk.jpg

Yun to Ibuki \^_^/

the_log_ride said:

No problem, I feel the same way. I really like him and will probably make him my new main.

Corky said:
Are they both one framers?

Cr. MP is probably a 1 framer, cr. LP is probably a 2 framer since cr. LP comes out 1 frame faster then cr. MP.

hertog said:
why is evil ryu considered to be a bad character?

Well lets compare him to the other Shoto's.

-EX DP doesn't knockdown on first hit and has very little invincibility. You can't mash it out during Ultras to save yourself like with Ryu or Akuma because you'll probably trade or lose anyways
-His Shaku has more recovery then Akuma's
-EX hado doesn't knockdown
-EX tatsu still has the strange reset that Ryu doesn't have anymore, WTF Capcom?
-Can't combo into sweep, which pretty much every Shoto can do now
-Low health/stun without compensation, basically he doesn't have anything really cheap to make up for this like Viper, Akuma, or Seth.

Despite all this, I still really love the character. He does have his pluses, his best and most undervalued move so far is his dive kick. It's really good, definitely the best normal dive kick in the game when it comes to hit stun. You have to land it like you're hitting the back of there neck and it will always combo unless you're facing a large opponent like Gief or Sagat.

hertog

Rice-Eater said:
No problem, I feel the same way. I really like him and will probably make him my new main.

Cr. MP is probably a 1 framer, cr. LP is probably a 2 framer since cr. LP comes out 1 frame faster then cr. MP.

Well lets compare him to the other Shoto's.

-EX DP doesn't knockdown on first hit and has very little invincibility. You can't mash it out during Ultras to save yourself like with Ryu or Akuma because you'll probably trade or lose anyways
-His Shaku has more recovery then Akuma's
-EX hado doesn't knockdown
-EX tatsu still has the strange reset that Ryu doesn't have anymore, WTF Capcom?
-Can't combo into sweep, which pretty much every Shoto can do now
-Low health/stun without compensation, basically he doesn't have anything really cheap to make up for this like Viper, Akuma, or Seth.

Despite all this, I still really love the character. He does have his pluses, his best and most undervalued move so far is his dive kick. It's really good, definitely the best normal dive kick in the game when it comes to hit stun. You have to land it like you're hitting the back of there neck and it will always combo unless you're facing a large opponent like Gief or Sagat.

tnx, and any advice what's the difference between yun and yang?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So Sp00ky will be streaming tonight at 9PM eastern.

Too many streams so I won't bother streaming tonight unless people want me to.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All I know is that the purple color scheme has to go. Team Khaos has that down. Offcast with the green, Sp00ky with the red, PJs with the blue, IPW with the white, etc.

Threi

notag
Kadey said:
All I know is that the purple color scheme has to go. Team Khaos has that down. Offcast with the green, Sp00ky with the red, PJs with the blue, IPW with the white, etc.
there was a stream doin dat purp before teamkhaos stream even existed :)

ThatCrazyGuy said:
I know this is probably OT, but I saw this in the gaming threads. It's an interview with John Carmack talking about Rage.

It briefly talks about input lag and how they test for it. I thought it was pretty interesting. I wonder if like Capcom/Namco has the same thought process about this all.

Here is the vid. It starts talking about it at the 14:12 mark.
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...wares-john-carmack-20-minute-video-interview/

I saw that interview, the man is a genius. It's a shame that all programmers don't have his brains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom