• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
El Sloth said:
?!

Will definitely be checking out the archive for this later.

I think they only caught 3 or 4 matches, just saw the 11 wins at the top of the stream and then Spooky brought it up.

Hopefully he will bring him out again tonight.

LowParry

Any good Oni vids out there? A lot of things are starting to click for me about him. Though getting out of Akuma habits I'm still trying to forget. Been finding a lot of Yang and Yun players. Some terrible. Some good. Some that just destroy me. Very good experience. By then, I can stand some sort of chance against Rb. lol

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Did Bison's startup on U2 increase in speed? It seems like it comes out faster now.

What's his match-up against Oni? I got blown the fuck up by one earlier...

Xevren

one_kill said:
Anyone know how to fight Oni and Evil Ryu in arcade?

I know for one round game settings you need 1 perfect, 3 super/ultra finishes and beat Seth with a super/ultra for Evil Ryu. For Oni you need 1 perfect, 5 super/ultra finishes and beat Seth with a super/ultra.

Ronabo

vidal said:
Doesn't the disc also come with the Ultra costumes for players to view even if they didn't purchase them?

If it comes with all the DLC costumes on the disc then I'll just get the disc version. I haven't bought any of the SSF4 costumes. If it's no different then I guess I'll go the cheaper route with the DLC.

El Sloth

Banned
Ronabo said:
If it comes with all the DLC costumes on the disc then I'll just get the disc version. I haven't bought any of the SSF4 costumes. If it's no different then I guess I'll go the cheaper route with the DLC.
You have to pay to use the costumes.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Oh shit, AE is out! I'm downloading it right now. This has to be the slowest download on my 360 ever lol

XenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
Oh shit, AE is out! I'm downloading it right now. This has to be the slowest download on my 360 ever lol
Hey man. This is totally not related to SF, but does HaloGAF do customs often? I've seen you post in there quite a bit.

EDIT: Wow I totally did not mean to double post. Sorry.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
XenoRaven said:
How do I get in on that action? I asked when Reach came out and I was ignored...presumably because I had never posted in that thread before that day. >_>

Well when Reach came out there were a ton of different people posting in the thread so it may have gotten lost. Now though there's a set crowd. Go ahead and post there, I'm sure someone will help you get in. They may fill up quick though.

As a Cammy player, I'm finding the biggest thing to get used to is not TKCS but actually the inbetween distance. I like to jump and then hit the Strike motion right away and it's just not happening. I've got to get used to that. Also, I have to learn some new BnB combos for her.

XenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
Well when Reach came out there were a ton of different people posting in the thread so it may have gotten lost. Now though there's a set crowd. Go ahead and post there, I'm sure someone will help you get in. They may fill up quick though.

As a Cammy player, I'm finding the biggest thing to get used to is not TKCS but actually the inbetween distance. I like to jump and then hit the Strike motion right away and it's just not happening. I've got to get used to that. Also, I have to learn some new BnB combos for her.
I was playing Vex's Cammy yesterday. She's still in good shape. Her normals are really good. Plus the CS nerf isn't even that bad. She can still apply plenty of pressure with it.

Also, thanks for the heads up man. I'll have to check in over there.

zlatko

Banned
Something has been bugging me after tonight. I played most of today as Yun and Abel, and have been somewhat struggling. I then played with buddies and was able to relax and have fun messing around with the cast. I landed on Yang on a random once and was enjoying him, so I went to training with him an hour ago.

So the basic combo I go for off dive kick with Yang is 3Xstanding light punch, crouch medium kick, then hard punch slashes. After trying to get it down pat, I realize I keep getting dash too often and so I turned on inputs to see if I'm really fucking it up to not do a perfect QCF motion. I literally did 10 in a row after that PERFECT QCF and it randomly was doing the dash instead of the mantis slashes. His tele dash is done with kicks too right? It seems the games stupid shortcut inputs are fucking it up? What's it called where you can hold down a button, do a motion, then release the button to still get the move to come out? It seems during that combo this is what is happening then.

Can someone explain to me how to make the game NOT give me teleport dash?

zlatko

Banned
rivals said:
It's negative edging. Let go of cr.mk sooner. Also st.lp will whiff on crouching Blanka and I think Honda.

What about triple crouching light punch, crouch medium, mantis slashes? Does that work consistently? Not sure what the BnB combo with Yang is. :p

USD

Offcast is supposed to be covering the anime games (BlazBlue, Arcana), while Level|Up will be doing the main stuff. Unsurprisingly, Level|Up is late.

I was going to watch it but they're saying 11:30 pm pacific. I hope they have archives so I can check out the Mago, Infiltration, Wolfkrone, Valle, Sako play.

cackhyena

Can someone explain to me the numbers? I get the PP/BP on the left, but then I see a lot of guys with 9999 on the right of PP. Confused.

zlatko

Banned
cackhyena said:
Can someone explain to me the numbers? I get the PP/BP on the left, but then I see a lot of guys with 9999 on the right of PP. Confused.

The new numbers to the right of PP and BP are your place on the leaderboards. Anyone 9999 and up though is just shown 9999.

Edit: Speaking of which I fought the guy who is number one Sagat on the leader boards. Not sure who he is in real life, but his online profile was saying he was #1 in Super as well. I talked shit at the end of our fight in an online message, but he was pretty cool and even told me he has beat Sanford and forced him to pick viper against him. Dude was mad good, but the Yun vs Sagat match up feels so damn stupid for Yun lol. I'm surprised I could get a round off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom