• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyKAC

AZ Greg said:
And yeah Vegeta, EX Roll > Cr.Strong > EX FBA works! :D Only issue is landing the EX Roll. Most good fireball users won't get hit by it and it only combos from st.cl.fierce. Which isn't the most practical move to land in non-punish situations. I'm hoping it will combo from his new 6 frame cr.forward, at least on counter-hit. Tatsu already said it doesn't combo normally. :(

As long as I can still combo jump in RH into St. RH xx EX roll I'm a happy camper :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
_dementia said:
What happened to your Xbox? No longer under warranty?

Every single one of them dead. I'm still going to make a video some time with me breaking one open and getting my Super disc out of it.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

MOTHERFUCKER

My xbox I just got a couple months ago got an e74 error. Tried swapping the VGA cable for HDMI, no dice. Fuck, this one had a pre-emptive xclamp fix and everything to prevent this whole situation.

FUCK. 3 Xboxes dead.

Mine got rrod a couple of months ago, I just said fuck it and never bothered buying another one. Will wait for next gen... hopefully those will be better made!

Kadey said:
Every single one of them dead. I'm still going to make a video some time with me breaking one open and getting my Super disc out of it.
I see. Reliability is an issue with them definitely. My RROD warranty expired May or June of this year, so I'm terrified.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Dimensional
USB
God's weird
Hitsurigi
Tray
Los Fragmento
DragonnutsJoseph
The hog ride
Yellow wigger

You each can pick a PSN card, Live points, or Visa paypower card after New Year's. Of course I can change my mind if you give me a reason to before doing so.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
PhatSaqs said:
PSN is ass online compared to XBL.

yes, i refuse to play on psn its so bad.

a friend of mine only had ps3 for so long and thought i was being a little bitch for not playing on psn, then he got an xbox and wouldnt shut up for a week about how much better it was than psn. :lol

haunts said:
yes, i refuse to play on psn its so bad.

a friend of mine only had ps3 for so long and thought i was being a little bitch for not playing on psn, then he got an xbox and wouldnt shut up for a week about how much better it was than psn. :lol
was this friend of yours you? because i remember you singing the same praises when VF5 came out and you first got an Xbox

And then your Goh bodied my Aoi :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DarkoMaledictus said:
Why is that? I played on pc and psn personally don't see any problems. Whats so different on live?

More players, better players, more active, less lag overall, etc. Most of my homies have Live.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
was this friend of yours you? because i remember you singing the same praises when VF5 came out and you first got an Xbox

And then your Goh bodied my Aoi :(

man those were the days. i was such a ps3 fanboy, now i only use it for tournaments. :lol

i want to play VF5 again btw. watching gamerbee play reminded me how much fun it can be.

I love VF5. I'd play you Haunts if my xbox didn't die today.

Kadey said:
Dimensional
USB
God's weird
Hitsurigi
Tray
Los Fragmento
DragonnutsJoseph
The hog ride
Yellow wigger

You each can pick a PSN card, Live points, or Visa paypower card after New Year's. Of course I can change my mind if you give me a reason to before doing so.
<3

haunts said:
man those were the days. i was such a ps3 fanboy, now i only use it for tournaments. :lol

i want to play VF5 again btw. watching gamerbee play reminded me how much fun it can be.
I'm just salty that all we have is Ver. C
Did Sega file a console trademark for Final Showdown, or am I confusing my wet dreams with reality?

ShinAmano

Kind of related, but no one probably cares. My Udon Shin Akuma bust was broken at our Thanksgiving party...

This one:
sdcc_shin02.jpg

One of his belt straps was broken off...the worst part is whoever did it removed the evidence so I can't even glue it back on. -_-

I just noticed this weekend when I was dusting it.

So bitter...going to have to get online and kick some ass tonight.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
I'm just salty that all we have is Ver. C
Did Sega file a console trademark for Final Showdown, or am I confusing my wet dreams with reality?

yeah it pisses me the fuck off actually cuz we had a nice scene going here on the WC but after it became clear no updates were planned it pretty much killed it. :\

God's Beard said:
I love VF5. I'd play you Haunts if my xbox didn't die today.

damn dude that sucks.

Kadey said:
Dimensional
USB
God's weird
Hitsurigi
Tray
Los Fragmento
DragonnutsJoseph
The hog ride
Yellow wigger

Dem live points. :D

Also, here's the recorded stream of the tourney I went to Saturday. Placed second (about 18 entrants): http://www.justin.tv/funkyp/b/275941703
Opens with me fighting a fei after I lost the first game using Bison.
My winner's finals match is 43 minutes in. And my GF match is 1 hour and 15 minutes in.

We were both doing some dumb stuff during the finals. Fun overall. :D

Kadey said:
Dimensional
USB
God's weird
Hitsurigi
Tray
Los Fragmento
DragonnutsJoseph
The hog ride
Yellow wigger

HUZZAH :)

CPS2

Rocwell said:
Wow that's the first time I've seen that loop with Dudley on Abel. Is that an infinite or does he eventually get pushed out of range?

Lots to like in this one, thumbs up.

I'm pretty sure it is an infinite that moves forward, so eventually you have to jab twice and push yourself back again. Maj did that combo though so he would know more about it, I think the best place to ask questions would be http://combovid.com/?p=3717 or http://sonichurricane.com/?p=5578 so more people who worked on it can answer.

Almost forgot, since I can't really save this now that my xbox is dead, here's my Dudley secret I found out a couple days ago, it's not much though:

from right next to the opponent- LP, MK on block or hit sets up a perfect crossup jLK that will hit in the front if you hit MK with normal timing and behind very slightly delayed, probably only works on normal-sized hitboxes like Ryu.

Anyway, it's useful if you like block strings and want a gimmick that nobody really expects, I don't think many people know about this particular setup. I know you can crossup with jRH against Juri and I've heard jMK against some characters, but I haven't had time to experiment much.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I ended up getting Vega to C with like a 70% win rate. I blame AZ Greg and all the ass kickings he's given me.

Kadey said:

YvVyU.jpg

Kadey said:
Dimensional
USB
God's weird
Hitsurigi
Tray
Los Fragmento
DragonnutsJoseph
The hog ride
Yellow wigger

Hmm, I think I've decided my love of getting free stuff is stronger than my unease over accepting gifts from internet people I barely know, so I guess I'll take the Visa card :D Thx braaahh.

So I finally picked the game up for 360 as well. While the "PSN LAG LOLZ" is bullshit from what I can tell (XBL is about the same if not a bit worse), the level of play is just not comparable here in Europe. I'm getting my ass handed to me in a PP range where I can dominate on PSN. Not only that but 70% of the players seem to have bought the pot monster costumes! :lol Finally time to drop Dudley I think, cheap Chuns make him mad salty! :( Fuck you fat bitch!

Morris

Disco Devil
I think I need to get an xbawkz, but only if there's a way to play with a sixaxis :[

Anyway the PSN SF GAF Chat has been dead for quite a while now, we used to have full rooms and now we only have like 4 guys tops

Duelist

Morro! said:
I think I need to get an xbawkz, but only if there's a way to play with a sixaxis :[

Anyway the PSN SF GAF Chat has been dead for quite a while now, we used to have full rooms and now we only have like 4 guys tops

Now that I'm done with school for the time being, I'll probably be on a lot more. Starting tonight. :D

Morro! said:

:( I'll be on more starting on Wednesday I need to fight dat Saltbel

MrMephistoX

My PS3 died but I got a new one rather than repairing again only problem is I lost my Gaf Chat invitations. Could someone resend please?

I think Im going to start playing on Xboxlive along with playing on PSN..The funny thing is I have a Xbox 360 in my house...I watch my brother play SSF4 all day everyday :lol :lol

haunts said:

Don't know how it started, basically descended in Rico and Flash just cussing each other out, Flash saying Rico talks too much, Rico being ass, Rico saying Flash got done in Evo, couldn't get out of pools even though he had an easy one etc.

Was entertaining to watch. Marn was getting involved, then Yipes then Alex Valle turned up, Mike Ross popped in for a chat as well.

Top class.

Fraeon

Do people use the GafEuroBrawlers XBL account anymore these days? Do people who are friends with that account play SSF4 anymore?

Just want some help leveling up my Juri and Chun.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Don't know how it started, basically descended in Rico and Flash just cussing each other out, Flash saying Rico talks too much, Rico being ass, Rico saying Flash got done in Evo, couldn't get out of pools even though he had an easy one etc.

Was entertaining to watch. Marn was getting involved, then Yipes then Alex Valle turned up, Mike Ross popped in for a chat as well.

Top class.

I'm sad I missed this epic event. Isn't UFO streaming AE today?

Joekage

Some shipping mishaps happened I think and UFO will have it installed and ready tomorrow. I'll be there myself playing so look out for my Cody haha. I'll be trying different stuff with other characters as well and hopefully have videos and etc for you guys.

Joekage said:
Some shipping mishaps happened I think and UFO will have it installed and ready tomorrow. I'll be there myself playing so look out for my Cody haha. I'll be trying different stuff with other characters as well and hopefully have videos and etc for you guys.

Looking forward to it. Please check if the timing is changed up for Crack Kick followed by EX CU...

edit:

Joekage said:
Definitely. Gonna explore every option when it comes to Cody haha. Loving the fact that crack kick to mk ruffian is in. Really allows for some great damage and spacing opportunities. Can't wait!!

I'm sure I'm not the only one who reads "haha" in JPN Cody voice :lol

Yeah, man. MK ruffian follow-up shoves your opponent a good distance toward the corner. Great pressure opportunities.

Joekage

the_log_ride said:
Looking forward to it. Please check if the timing is changed up for Crack Kick followed by EX CU...
Definitely. Gonna explore every option when it comes to Cody haha. Loving the fact that crack kick to mk ruffian is in. Really allows for some great damage and spacing opportunities. Can't wait!!

Joekage said:

see if crack kick into hk ruffian fadc xx crack kick into hk ruffian fadc crack into mk ruffian works and how funny it looks

Axis

Joekage said:

get online tonight sucka

def can't wait to watch the stream tomorrow...better see dat new technology

Imm0rt4l

Morro! said:

I'm gonna be back on in a few days!

Wiseblade

Just got back from Bushido. Gamerbee > Europe. The tournament setup was 5/6 man round robin (one match and done!) where the top 4 go into double elimination (best 2/3 all the way). The groups were supposed to be 8-10 people each, but only half the players showed due to a buttload of snow during the weekend. In groups I got Starnab, Slizzle (top UK Fei Long) a highly rated French Akuma and a random Viper and Cammy. After finishing fourth in my group, I was just unlucky enough to get Gamerbee in the first round and have my destruction put on the stream, with my name spelled wrong (but everybody here was too busy watching AE footage to watch it, right?). Then after beating some French Abel in losers, got beat by Zoro Blad, A UK Adon player I went with. Going 2-1 is really depressing.

In casuals I didn't do much better. I managed to beat down any of the random french people I played, but got buss up by anyone with a name. I played 10 games against Vryu and lost 9 of them, and lost 3-1 in a money match against Cuongster (top French Honda). I played Kusanagi (12 year old Ryu beast) and beat his Abel and Ryu, but then he switched to Akuma and made me feel bad about myself.

If there's anything I learned from the experience, it's that I have so much more to learn to really compete at that level. And that getting scared by a name only guarantees you'll lose. I instantly started playing way worse when I became aware that I was fighting someone with a reputation.

EDIT: (not so) rare footage of me actually hungry!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Degen said:
get iiiiiiiiit.

We will run it back and find out once and for all who is the Hawklander
My Hawk is better than it was then, and I'm developing some stuff to level up even more.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
More players, better players, more active, less lag overall, etc. Most of my homies have Live.

same scenario here..

i'm guessing more players also factors into there being more players near me which means more matches with less lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom