• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiseblade

Rocky_Balboa said:
Fuerte's nerfed U2.
No, that the least of my issues right now. It's the Tortilla invincibility nerf and increased recovery on Guacamole and Yun/Yang's hitbox when you try to RSF and that their divekicks are such a hassle to anti-air and that neither of their DP are immune to safe Tortilla and they can casually throw out normals and Fuerte can't do a thing about it and...

I need to brush up on my old BNB combo. With Ken and Ryu I always did cr. LK, cr. LP, SRK. With Evil Ryu I'm always looking for the tatsu combo. But if my opponent is crouching, I kind of freeze mid combo because I realize I can't hit them with the LK tatsu. I think in some situations, I need to commit to a DP combo instead because of the push back or the pattern I see from my opponent.

Anyways I think I'm going to stick with Evil Ryu. I'm still pretty upset with some of choices Capcom made with this character, but I can't help it, I really like some of his moves and properties and I love the over the top design they gave him. If you can land a throw in this game, then try the dive kick/cross up mix up. He can't set it up one after another like Seth or Cammy, but if you're execution is on point than it's a great way to start his axe kick combo which can do as much as 367 damage without meter.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
Cheers, good news to wake up to. Thanks <3
This was good news indeed. Just had to download a patch and it's good to go now.
Thanks jlai! Corky, are you PAL-land based? It'd be nice to celebrate being able to play the game I paid for with ya ;) Add BGenius if you fancy some sparring.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
Fuerte's nerfed U2.
Pfffffffffffffft. That thing did ridiculous damage. No pity here.

Now nerfing Sim's Super from 350 to 300?? And ALSO nerfing his EX Flame from 180 to 120?? GTFO Capcom, that shit is just nonsense. I can deal with his normals being nerfed and worse recovery on st.lk, but those in addition to his specials and Super being nerfed is just overkill on a character who already struggles against the heavy hitters.

Sim's Super already scaled a lot after his BnB, and now that scaling of 300 damage makes it almost not worth doing unless the opponent is very low on health or it might finish them off. And while it's great that you can combo into EX Flame from a medium attack, the damage being nerfed so much means that it doesn't make sense to waste the meter when a Light Flame combo only does like 15 less damage. I'm already using Super more as an AA, after a Mummy juggle, or directly after a jump in attack so as to make the damage worth the meter being emptied. I guess I'll be using more EX Fires in projectile wars too now, but I already did that :/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Capcom! :mad:
97555_o.gif

Rice-Eater said:
I need to brush up on my old BNB combo. With Ken and Ryu I always did cr. LK, cr. LP, SRK. With Evil Ryu I'm always looking for the tatsu combo. But if my opponent is crouching, I kind of freeze mid combo because I realize I can't hit them with the LK tatsu. I think in some situations, I need to commit to a DP combo instead because of the push back or the pattern I see from my opponent.

does Evil Ryu have a normal that force stands opponent like Ryu's cr.hp?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
B-Genius said:
This was good news indeed. Just had to download a patch and it's good to go now.
Thanks jlai! Corky, are you PAL-land based? It'd be nice to celebrate being able to play the game I paid for with ya ;) Add BGenius if you fancy some sparring.

Hey man, awesome had no idea you were from europe aswell, thought I knew all four of us here on gaf :(

Been playing casuals with my friend and it would be nice to have a third guy later today if you're still up for it. A word of warning though we've both taken crazy pills and we play nothing but twins atm :( , ( not that we're even the slightest good twins but still ).

<3

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
nycfurby Arturo Sanchez:
I also got confirmation from @tokidoki77 and @GamerBeeTW that they hate SSF4:AE. Tokido: "I think there are no good games out now."

nycfurby Arturo Sanchez:
Also from Tokido: "The reason SSF4AE has a strong scene in Japan is not because the game is good. There are no other games to play in Japan"

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
Hey man, awesome had no idea you were from europe aswell, thought I knew all four of us here on gaf :(

Been playing casuals with my friend and it would be nice to have a third guy later today if you're still up for it. A word of warning though we've both taken crazy pills and we play nothing but twins atm :( , ( not that we're even the slightest good twins but still ).

<3
Hehehe, crazy pills or no I'm always up for matches with fellow GAF member; us Euro peeps especially gotta stick together.

Will definitely be on later, so drop me a line. I'm definitely partial to giving Yang a look, and will be dabbling with the evil bros. as well as checking out other tweaks, so don't be confused if I jump between characters a lot ;)

LakeEarth

BotoxAgent said:
I agree. The Ultra is just as stupid as Breathless.
Which is now doomed to be a laggy move punisher and cannot be used to catch people at a distance anymore. The loss of the armor when diving forward makes the move so weak, which really sucks cause old Breathless would work wonders against divekick spamming Yun's.

You can't even do the corner breathless trap anymore because they can smack you when you lunge forward.

LakeEarth said:
Which is now doomed to be a laggy move punisher and cannot be used to catch people at a distance anymore. The loss of the armor when diving forward makes the move so weak, which really sucks cause old Breathless would work wonders against divekick spamming Yun's.

You can't even do the corner breathless trap anymore because they can smack you when you lunge forward.

I didn't even know that they took away the armor. I thought that you just can't hold/charge your ultra anymore.

but yeah, Yun is stupid.

BotoxAgent said:
does Evil Ryu have a normal that force stands opponent like Ryu's cr.hp?

Yes he does, st. HP will force stand. Problem is that it's a tight link and most of the time you have one light attack to confirm before doing something that might be unsafe. I see top players like Tokido do it all the time but I can't. As for the link, I think it's a 1 framer, which is not something I can do consistently. I just lack the execution to actually go for something like that. To this day, I still struggle mightily when going from standing attack to specials that start with a down input during hit confirms.

Wiseblade said:
I would just like to take this opportunity to say that I hate AE.
can I join you? I hate it too
now I know why I quit SSF4 in the first place, now it's worse LOL

i spent 15 bucks to confirm that hate this game

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, here I come!

Ledsen

I just found out that AE is out. Why isn't there an official thread on the Gaming side? Gotta bring in those newcomers!

Rice-Eater said:
Yes he does, st. HP will force stand. Problem is that it's a tight link and most of the time you have one light attack to confirm before doing something that might be unsafe. I see top players like Tokido do it all the time but I can't. As for the link, I think it's a 1 framer, which is not something I can do consistently. I just lack the execution to actually go for something like that. To this day, I still struggle mightily when going from standing attack to specials that start with a down input during hit confirms.

with stuff like that just relax and keep your stick at neutral position for a brief moment when you are executing you standing normal. At least that's how I do it :)

Wiseblade said:
I would just like to take this opportunity to say that I hate AE.

I thought you'd love the fact Yun's target combo works as an OS for Guacamole escapes :(

I'm enjoying playing around with Yun in AE at the moment, but I doubt I'll stick with it over Marvel.

Chavelo

Impressions of the new DLC: characters are fun for casual play, but I already feel that the changes made were a bit too much (I believe SSFIV was pretty balanced to begin with).

Check SSFIV AE as a game I won't be playing regularly (which I wasn't after MVC3, but I had no problems with it before). :-/

EDIT: On PS3 or Xbox, anyway. Will still buy on PC and mess around with the community and the mods. :3

cackhyena said:
And why is that.
Honda is nerfed,
Jab Heabut is now invincible at the legs and not the upper. So cant be a viable anti-air.
Damage reduced
Ultra II can be jumped out of at blackout
Jumping Strong hit box reduced
nerfy nerf nerf crap crap crap

fuck this game

cackhyena

gutter_trash said:
Honda is nerfed,
Jab Heabut is now invincible at the legs and not the upper. So cant be a viable anti-air.
Damage reduced
Ultra II can be jumped out of at blackout
Jumping Strong hit box reduced
nerfy nerf nerf crap crap crap

fuck this game
Uh, this is why you quit Super?

Threi said:
god forbid you play a char with a couple weaknesses...jeez

Ehhh I don't know... Honda is a character Capcom has been historically bad at balancing (for better or for worse), isn't he?

In any case, I only like the changes to a handful of characters in this game (Dee Jay, Makoto, Cody), but for the most part it's an underwhelm and wtf-a-thon. I wasn't expecting to be blown away really, but this is probably gonna end up my least favorite IV.

Maybe it's an overplaying thing for me.

hitsugi

Sako cleaned up my Guy and Yun last night D: mostly played his Ibuki but I don't think he picked Yang much if at all.

He seemed sort of adjusted to Cammy and took my friend out with.... grab / cannon spike mix ups..

Looking forward to seeing how things go down this weekend.

Axis

hitsugi said:
Sako cleaned up my Guy and Yun last night D: mostly played his Ibuki but I don't think he picked Yang much if at all.

He seemed sort of adjusted to Cammy and took my friend out with.... grab / cannon spike mix ups..

Looking forward to seeing how things go down this weekend.

please tell me there's footage of sako's AE cammy...i'm really curious to see some of his setups

also, to people complaining about nerfs: i don't get it...honda still seems to be a viable character and i don't like the twins as much as anyone...but i don't think they're unbeatable.

coldvein

Banned
total sf4 nub question: is there only one version of this game, or is it SF4 as well as SSF4? and what's this arcade edition i'm hearing about? is there an obvious place to get started?

ACE 1991 said:
So how big/healthy is the SFIV community these days? Thinking of jumping back in.
Now is a good time to jump back in if you have AE. Although everybody are better now so I might be little bit difficult at first.

Smithy C

It's kind of crazy how many people playing Yun and Yang will keep dive-kicking when I'm playing Zangief. It's like they don't understand what is button I'm going to press.

Anybody noticed how SSFIV is listed on XBL Games on Demand as "Arcade Edition" when in fact its just Super? A buddy of mine just bought it thinking he got both for $29.99. Sucks he now has to pay a total of $45 for AE. That's pretty shitty, though I guess only a $5 premium over the boxed version coming out later this month.

Still, you can pick up Super for $20 new, which he would have done had he known.

coldvein

Banned
coldvein said:
total sf4 nub question: is there only one version of this game, or is it SF4 as well as SSF4? and what's this arcade edition i'm hearing about? is there an obvious place to get started?

anybody feeling helpful? eh?

jdub03

Lazy vs Crazy said:
This makes me want to play Ibuki.

That sako play was beautiful. I never cared to learn that 1 frame loop. I think I might do that now. Sako with the smug face while he beasted on dudes.

ACE 1991

Rocky_Balboa said:
Now is a good time to jump back in if you have AE. Although everybody are better now so I might be little bit difficult at first.

Cool, good to know. I really miss the fighting game scene, maybe I'll pick the AE along with MvC3. While I sold my stick a while ago (dumb, dumb decision) what's the cheapest stick I can get that still gets the job done? I'll upgrade to something better eventually.

cackhyena

coldvein said:
anybody feeling helpful? eh?
You have no choice at the moment but to get started in Super as a disc ( or Games on Demand) buy. You could buy original SF4, but it's a much smaller player base now since a lot of people have moved on. Until later this month ( when the disc version of AE comes out ), if you want to be caught up with everyone else, you have to buy the DL version of Arcade Edition. It's the last installment in the SF4 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom