• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

gutter_trash said:
can I join you? I hate it too
now I know why I quit SSF4 in the first place, now it's worse LOL

i spent 15 bucks to confirm that hate this game

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, here I come!
Yun is still in that game.

coldvein

Banned
cackhyena said:
You have no choice at the moment but to get started in Super as a disc ( or Games on Demand) buy. You could buy original SF4, but it's a much smaller player base now since a lot of people have moved on. Until later this month ( when the disc version of AE comes out ), if you want to be caught up with everyone else, you have to buy the DL version of Arcade Edition. It's the last installment in the SF4 series.

thanks man!

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Gonna start working on the CEO/ReveLAtions megathread, unless somebody has already started making one or really wants to make it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
GGs bgenius, again sorry for not switching it around too much, I really want to learn yang and it's going slowly :(:(:( , the connection wasn't that bad either, at times it got abit wonky but still.

<3

Nabs

Fong Ghoul said:
Anybody noticed how SSFIV is listed on XBL Games on Demand as "Arcade Edition" when in fact its just Super? A buddy of mine just bought it thinking he got both for $29.99. Sucks he now has to pay a total of $45 for AE. That's pretty shitty, though I guess only a $5 premium over the boxed version coming out later this month.

Still, you can pick up Super for $20 new, which he would have done had he known.

I just read the same thing on SRK. The guy got his money back by telling MS, and he got to keep the Super he downloaded.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
After a 4 hour trip i finally got a PSN Card.
Downloading dat AE as i type.

coldvein said:
total sf4 nub question: is there only one version of this game, or is it SF4 as well as SSF4? and what's this arcade edition i'm hearing about? is there an obvious place to get started?

Street Figher 4 and Super Street Fighter 4 are separate games; Super has a massive list of characters to choose from.

Arcade Edition is a patch to update Super Street Fighter 4, adding 4 characters to the mix. It is also getting a disc release later this month. The DLC is priced at a reasonable 1200 points.

If you're wanting to mess about with SF4, maybe have something to play with your buddies, I would probably recommend getting SSF4 considering it's at the same price as SF4 (here in England at least).

N4Us

Smithy C said:
It's kind of crazy how many people playing Yun and Yang will keep dive-kicking when I'm playing Zangief. It's like they don't understand what is button I'm going to press.

I'm fine with them still jumping into Blanka, more free BP rack ups for me.

Satyamdas said:
Pfffffffffffffft. That thing did ridiculous damage. No pity here.

Now nerfing Sim's Super from 350 to 300?? And ALSO nerfing his EX Flame from 180 to 120?? GTFO Capcom, that shit is just nonsense. I can deal with his normals being nerfed and worse recovery on st.lk, but those in addition to his specials and Super being nerfed is just overkill on a character who already struggles against the heavy hitters.

Sim's Super already scaled a lot after his BnB, and now that scaling of 300 damage makes it almost not worth doing unless the opponent is very low on health or it might finish them off. And while it's great that you can combo into EX Flame from a medium attack, the damage being nerfed so much means that it doesn't make sense to waste the meter when a Light Flame combo only does like 15 less damage. I'm already using Super more as an AA, after a Mummy juggle, or directly after a jump in attack so as to make the damage worth the meter being emptied. I guess I'll be using more EX Fires in projectile wars too now, but I already did that :/

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Capcom! :mad:
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/97555_o.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Truth. Yoga Inferno nerf is another one of those strange nerfs. It's that much harder to edge out wins now. I took the numbers down in training mode, and it's true that all his damage has been reduced, with some even reduced below vanilla numbers.

And fighting the twins is just the nightmare I expected plus more. That Darui technology from the gamecho vids helps considerably, but I'll be damned if these aren't some of the most lop-sided match ups in this series. I understand the desire to increase offense in the game, but it's not 'Sim's strongest suit.

I'm moving on to greener pastures, moving sim to 2ndary. Capcom doesn't give a shit, so don't expect any changes.

@Rice:

I dig E.Ryu, too. But it's stupid as hell that he can't combo into sweep, and I hate how he can't cr.HK after a cross-up tatsu. I guess I'm trying to play him too much like Akuma still.

Corky

people who can read frame-data ( i,e not me )

with yang :

c.lp,c.lp,c.lk xx mantis slash
c.lp,c.lp,c.mk xx mantis slash.

It feels like the first one is easier, does the frame data support this or am I crazy?

Imm0rt4l

cackhyena said:
Uh, this is why you quit Super?
Don't mind him, he hates ae and super because quite frankly he's not any good at the game. I'd be pretty salty if I spent 15 bones only to remember that I'm ass at sf.

XenoRaven

Imm0rt4l said:
Don't mind him, he hates ae and super because quite frankly he's not any good at the game. I'd be pretty salty if I spent 15 bones only to remember that I'm ass at sf.
Holy shit. Going in.

hitsugi

Solune said:
And he was dropping shit like a hot potato, it was kind of disgusting actually.
He had been playing for quite a while at the time and really didn't seem to care anymore :lol just wanted to get matches over with

But yeah, he did drop a lot of combos and had a much less "fancy" cammy than you'd expect.

explodet

GRRRR

SERIOUSLY
SERIOUSLY
SERIOUSLY

Trying to get the Hakan rust out and I keep falling into the "input Oil Rocket instead of Oil Slide" trap I fell into when I first started Super. It's driving me insane.

Though even with my problems I'm 50/50 against the twins online, which is nice.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So after all this talk of top players not liking AE, what do you guys think the chances are that eventually Super will be the tournament standard?

hitsugi

Lost Fragment said:
So after all this talk of top players not liking AE, what do you guys think the chances are that eventually Super will be the tournament standard?
...zero. SSFIV does not exist for arcades. They will patch AE as necessary after Evo, I'm sure.

Look at how aggressively MVC3 is being handled. AE will no doubt receive some adjustments, but I don't think it'd be wise to change anything pre-evo.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
GGs bgenius, again sorry for not switching it around too much, I really want to learn yang and it's going slowly :(:(:( , the connection wasn't that bad either, at times it got abit wonky but still.

<3
Yeah good stuff man, no apologies necessary! I had to bang out early because my 48hrs were up. I'm sure I've got a couple more codes lying around so hopefully we can have at it again soon.

I'll practice a bit more before I take any of the new characters online - some of those matches were pretty embarrassing ^^;

*Still chuckling at grabbity squeez*

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
hitsugi said:
...zero. SSFIV does not exist for arcades. They will patch AE as necessary after Evo, I'm sure.

Look at how aggressively MVC3 is being handled. AE will no doubt receive some adjustments, but I don't think it'd be wise to change anything pre-evo.

For all practical purposes, AE doesn't exist for arcades either.

Lost Fragment said:

This'll never happen.

hitsugi said:

Oh, what? What's happening?

Lost Fragment said:

At most, there might be chocolate side tournaments at majors while strawberry is still being run.

Corky

B-Genius said:
Yeah good stuff man, no apologies necessary! I had to bang out early because my 48hrs were up. I'm sure I've got a couple more codes lying around so hopefully we can have at it again soon.

I'll practice a bit more before I take any of the new characters online - some of those matches were pretty embarrassing ^^;

*Still chuckling at grabbity squeez*

That's great, the more gaffers in the lobby the merrier. Haha yeah he's baffled at how he could miss the "e" in the end of "squeeze".

On another note.

What is Yangs "essence" of play? Is it footsies and then link into mantis? I know that might be over simplifying it but what else is there?

Corky said:
What is Yangs "essence" of play? Is it footsies and then link into mantis? I know that might be over simplifying it but what else is there?
Pretty much.

I'm certain it's only been because I've been fighting shitty players, but Hawk doesn't seem to have much to worry about from the twins. I don't want to sound overly cocky, but I'd like to get proven wrong.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I got the CEO/Revelations thread.

Endless tonight. People should stop hitting up ranked and training mode. Just jump into the battlefield. That's how we do it.

cackhyena

I would have jumped in if you were on last night. I need it. If I'm gonna lose, especially learning new characters, I'd rather do it to Gaffers. I will lose so effing much, just you wait.

Corky

Dang it, I'm slowly but steadily getting grasp of yang but there's still one thing I can't do well at all and that's his :

fierce mantis x2 FADC cl.mk launcher.

The timings feel really stritct and I can only do it 1/3rd of the time in training nonetheless. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom