• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

Lost Fragment said:
For all practical purposes, AE doesn't exist for arcades either.
To be specific, since the game does not exist in arcades, japan would go back to... what? Vanilla? It wouldn't make sense to go backwards (even if to SSFIV) and not work with what is current.

And yes, I simply meant the patching with MVC3.. as nothing else has been officially declared thus far.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I really really really hope that yun/yang won't be overrepresented in the top 10 winners of the coming tourneys ceo/rev/evo etc. If they were as many yuns/yangs as any other tournament-viable characters then it would be great. Even greater would be if someone who wasn't yun won the tourneys just to hammer it home that it's not impossible. ( wishful thinking )

_dementia said:

One of our buddies has picked up Oni. We played tons of games last night and it was kind of hilarious. Everytime we would build a good lead, he would always come back with that cross up EX slash into Ultra and win. He must have had 15-20 big come backs because of this. It just became funny and sad at the same time because we joked about how we know it's coming and yet we still couldn't avoid it.

Corky said:
I really really really hope that yun/yang won't be overrepresented in the top 10 winners of the coming tourneys ceo/rev/evo etc. If they were as many yuns/yangs as any other tournament-viable characters then it would be great. Even greater would be if someone who wasn't yun won the tourneys just to hammer it home that it's not impossible. ( wishful thinking )

It's too early for that to happen for CEO and Rev.

However in a couple of months...hmmm...

Corky said:
Dang it, I'm slowly but steadily getting grasp of yang but there's still one thing I can't do well at all and that's his :

fierce mantis x2 FADC cl.mk launcher.

The timings feel really stritct and I can only do it 1/3rd of the time in training nonetheless. Any ideas?
Just more practice. I already gave up on slash slash fadc U1 mainly because that link feels nearly impossible because of the 1(?) frame link, but also because I want more Hawk practice, and I'm getting back into the Ibuki groove.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DryEyeRelief said:
It's too early for that to happen for CEO and Rev.

However in a couple of months...hmmm...

Well I sure as hell am gonna root like mad for each "tier underdog" there is :3

Professor Beef said:
Just more practice. I already gave up on slash slash fadc U1 mainly because that link feels nearly impossible because of the 1(?) frame link, but also because I want more Hawk practice, and I'm getting back into the Ibuki groove.

Yeah I really don't like U1, the only 100% FADC setup I can do is lk SRK-input FADC but U1 won't connect where U2 will.

hitsugi

Professor Beef said:
Put in the qcf motions with the fadc? I think it may be a one frame link but it doesn't feel that bad. I double tap the punches; no idea if that's actually doing anything but it works for me

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
BotoxAgent said:
I didn't even know that they took away the armor. I thought that you just can't hold/charge your ultra anymore.

but yeah, Yun is stupid.

Yeah Yun is so stupid I get a strong urge to quit at the select screen once I see Yun... its that bad!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
hitsugi said:
To be specific, since the game does not exist in arcades, japan would go back to... what? Vanilla? It wouldn't make sense to go backwards (even if to SSFIV) and not work with what is current.

I'm talking about the American scene, not the Japanese one. And while it would suck to have that disconnect, what version of the game they play in Japan isn't incredibly relevant.

Imm0rt4l

DarkoMaledictus said:
Yeah Yun is so stupid I get a strong urge to quit at the select screen once I see Yun... its that bad!
I don't understand this, their aren't even that many good Yuns yet. I've fought more yangs than yuns on psn, and I've bodied all of them. That isn't to say that they aren't stupid good characters, but if you're losing to Yun so much already, maybe you should evaluate how you're playing them? What character are you using atm? Dudley?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Actually most online Yuns are bad right now. People are still learning and working out his kinks while others are figuring out how to fight him. Rb is the only Yun that's ever given me a problem thus far. Hell, I'm more scared of the grapplers than Yun.

I think he is a character for mid to high level players in order for him to really be annoying.

hitsugi

Yup. Every Yun I've run into on consoles thus far has been a joke. Havent played RB but as I said earlier - Yun is not a character that a bad player can easily pick up

Imm0rt4l

Yuns accessibility has been greatly exaggerated, I'd go so far as to say that Fei long is easier to pick up(not master)than Yun is, but I would say that Yun is easier to be effective with. That isn't to say that the twins aren't stupidly good characters, but their is still a bit of a learning curve.

LowParry

Rb is the only one that's blown me up but the rest of the twins haven't really been that bad at all. It's good experience so if you want to learn how to fight against them, now's the time to get in your AE time cause that's what everyone is playing right now.

Kadey said:
Actually most online Yuns are bad right now. People are still learning and working out his kinks while others are figuring out how to fight him. Rb is the only Yun that's ever given me a problem thus far. Hell, I'm more scared of the grapplers than Yun.

I think he is a character for mid to high level players in order for him to really be annoying.

That's what I've been saying the whole time when people were talking about how he would dominate online. I don't find him scary at all in the hands of most online players. He's easier then Rufus, but not easy enough for low to mid level players to dominate with. Vanilla Sagat will always be much more scary to me in the hands of a scrub then Yun will ever be.

rbrogue

I really don't deserve any props for my yun. I would be happier if people hated on me for playing such a brain dead character. If you understand how to utilize meaties and bait people then yun is some serious auto-pilot.

I can put people into a guessing game they always lose off of a knockdown because I have more options than Seth.

I've already been teaching people who think its humanly possible to react to the ex lunge punch that they're reacting to the flash of EX and nothing else. Whiff ultra from full screen because I did an EX Palm instead of lunge.

jlai

To be fair, most random joe schmoes you face online are probably people that are picking Yun up for the first time so its not a good barometer to judge anything from. You can really see how much of a pain fighting Yun can be when you watch the Japanese streams of arcade players.. or really anyone that has had an extended time with him, like RB has.

rivals

hitsugi said:
Put in the qcf motions with the fadc? I think it may be a one frame link but it doesn't feel that bad. I double tap the punches; no idea if that's actually doing anything but it works for me

This. For Yang's 2x rekkas FADC U2 I do this:

QCF+P, QCF+P, FA, F, QCF, QCF+3K

It works pretty well for me.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Imm0rt4l said:
I don't understand this, their aren't even that many good Yuns yet. I've fought more yangs than yuns on psn, and I've bodied all of them. That isn't to say that they aren't stupid good characters, but if you're losing to Yun so much already, maybe you should evaluate how you're playing them? What character are you using atm? Dudley?

Nah not even loosing... but I can see how he is going to be a major problem really soon. Yeah I use duds and boy I hate the matchup, almost as much as I hate the Adon matchup.

Just got AE ten minutes ago, my first Evil Ryu combo:

cMK xx LP Hadoken FADC clMP xx MK Stomp, cMP xx LK Tatsu, Fierce DP

O_O

EDIT: holy shit, cMK xx EX fireball xx lvl 2 focus is SO EASY wtf

EDIT 2: links cLK after his overhead :-o

God's Beard said:
Just got AE ten minutes ago, my first Evil Ryu combo:

cMK xx LP Hadoken FADC clMP xx MK Stomp, cMP xx LK Tatsu, Fierce DP

O_O

EDIT: holy shit, cMK xx EX fireball xx lvl 2 focus is SO EASY wtf

EDIT 2: links cLK after his overhead :-o

on crouching opponent?

NeoUltima

Wow, has the disconnect penalty always been this bad?

During match loading screen I supposedly lose my connection to PSN ( i didnt though...), I go back online and I lost 150 PP. Insane...

Imm0rt4l

NeoUltima said:
Wow, has the disconnect penalty always been this bad?

During match loading screen I supposedly lose my connection to PSN ( i didnt though...), I go back online and I lost 150 PP. Insane...
yea that sounds about right. It's always been over 100 pp that you lose for a dc.

USD

Evil Ryu definitely has the best cr.MK → Hadoken in the game. I guess that makes sense since you can't normally combo into it.

Oni time :-D

anti air links(corner only):

forward RH, forward RH = 200 damage(first RH must be close)
forward RH, DP(any non-EX): 140 damage
forward RH, EX DP = 250 damage(doesn't seem to be cancelable)
jab DP, forward RH = 105 damage(works mid screen, creates space)
jab DP, RH tatsu = 120 damage(works mid screen, carries them very far!)
jab DP, any non- EX dp = 80 damage
jab DP, EX DP = 190 damage

edit: jab DP, neutral jMP = 120 damage(knocks down)
edit2:
jab DP, Ultra 1(horizontal) = 325 damage
jab DP, Ultra 1 (vertical) = 340 damage
edit3:
short tatsu, Fierce DP = 230 damage(works mid screen)
short tatsu, EX DP = 300 damage(works mid screen)
short tatsu, Ultra 1(horizontal) = 470 damage(full ultra!)
edit 4: short tatsu, Ultra 1(vertical) = 410 damage
short tatsu, FP = 210 damage(reset!)

Ledsen

Aruarian Reflection said:
nycfurby Arturo Sanchez:
I also got confirmation from @tokidoki77 and @GamerBeeTW that they hate SSF4:AE. Tokido: "I think there are no good games out now."

nycfurby Arturo Sanchez:
Also from Tokido: "The reason SSF4AE has a strong scene in Japan is not because the game is good. There are no other games to play in Japan"

What do these guys have against AE? Do all top players hate the game or what?

Tonight. You. Juri makes yun players SAAAAAD :)

Ledsen said:
What do these guys have against AE? Do all top players hate the game or what?
I wouldnt say all of them...but the guys who like to outplay their opponents dont like all the character nerfs that really fuck up the game.

ok I'm so done for now, spent 2 hours only practicing anti-air links instead of useful things -_-

Oni anti air links encyclopedia(corner only unless noted otherwise):

**= most useful/interesting

forward RH, forward RH = 200 damage(first RH must be close)

forward RH, DP(any non-EX): 140 damage

forward RH, EX DP = 250 damage(doesn't seem to be cancelable)

forward RH, EX tatsu: 190 damage

forward RH,Ultra 2 = 370 damage(doesn't seem to be cancelable)

jab DP, neutral jMP = 120 damage(knocks down)

**jab DP, forward RH = 105 damage(works mid screen, creates space)

**jab DP, RH tatsu = 120 damage(works mid screen, carries them very far!)

jab DP, any non- EX dp = 80 damage

jab DP, EX DP = 190 damage

jab DP, EX tatsu = 220 damage

jab DP, EX fireball = 140 damage

jab DP, EX fireball FADC ultra 1(horizontal) = 334 damage

jab DP, Ultra 1(horizontal) = 325 damage

jab DP, Ultra 1 (vertical) = 340 damage

jab DP, Ultra 2 = 226 damage (works mid screen!)

short tatsu, medium tatsu = 270 damage(works mid screen)

short tatsu, rh tatsu = 270 damage(works mid screen)

short tatsu, Fierce DP = 230 damage(works mid screen)

short tatsu, EX DP = 300 damage(works mid screen)

short tatsu, EX DP FADC EX DP = 316 damage(works mid screen)

**short tatsu, Ultra 1(horizontal) = 470 damage(full ultra!)

short tatsu, Ultra 1(vertical) = 410 damage

**short tatsu, Ultra 2 = 530 damage(works mid screen, full ultra!)

short tatsu, LP/fLP = 140 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

short tatsu, cLP = 135 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

short tatsu, MP = 180 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

short tatsu, bMP = 170 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

**short tatsu, FP = 210 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

short tatsu, LK/fLK = 140 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

short tatsu, MK = 150 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

short tatsu, RH = 150 damage(reset, works mid screen!)

**short tatsu, cRH = 210 damage(knockdown, works mid screen!)

**aerial RH Tatsu, EX DP = 230 damage(works mid screen)

**aerial EX Tatsu, Ultra 1(horizontal) = 361 damage

short slash, LP = 145 damage (reset, works mid screen)

**short slash, cRH = 220 damage (knocks down, works mid screen)

short slash, Fierce DP = 240 damage(works mid screen)

short slash, EX DP = 310 damage(works mid screen)

short slash, EX DP FADC Ultra 1(horizontal) = 481 damage(works mid screen)

**short slash, ultra 1(horizontal) = 480 damage(works mid screen, full ultra)

note: I just got this game a couple hours ago, so I might be missing things, but I think it's more or less complete, but let me know. there's a couple variations that I didn't include because recreating them wasn't really worth it because of the difficulty. anti air short tatsu, fierce DP FADC was one of them, because getting the first hit is stupid hard. Also, there's variations with medium and rh tatsus when the last hits anti air, but they're basically the same thing so I didn't test many of them. Same goes for resets with different starters. you get the idea. There's also some stuff I didn't test with Ultra 2 because I'm not that big of a fan of it. Oh well.

Of course, the vast majority of this stuff isn't that useful other than finding out the juggle points for Oni's different moves since we don't have any data yet. Obviously, short slash and tatsu allow for the most juggles, but jab dp is more practical.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hakan can cancel his Step Low into Oil Slide.
This is possible now: MP,LP,f+LK xx Oil Slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom