• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ultimoo said:
Hakan for top tier!
His LK Oil Shower is faster now.

Hakan is a damn beast now hopefully he gets banned at EVO ! ;)

Hitokage said:
Professor Beef: T. Hawk's ex dive can indeed put him right on the ground when blocked instead of bouncing him back.
It doesn't always, though. It depends on where you hit them. I've gotten different results from doing it in training, and it seems that if you hit them on the lower part of their body, you get little bounceback.

Fersis said:
I know that this is something pretty stupid to ask for but.. can you enable the 240p mode like Spooky does?

Im a total streaming noob so i dont know how complex it could be. @_@

She needs a certain amount of followers in order to have that option.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KidA Seven said:
She needs a certain amount of followers in order to have that option.
Oh i didnt knew that.
Sorry then. V__V
* Follows *

Xevren

Proud of myself, can do Ibuki's SJC into ultra really easily now. Played some online matches and was able to land it every time.

Morris

Disco Devil
So, does Yun have any good FADC combos? I haven't found any and they're a big part of my game, I feel like i'm missing out on doing damage when I use him :(

I think all the big damage he can do comes from Genei Jin, which i'm still not able to land consistently online...

God's Beard said:
Yun's fierce Palm into RH Upkicks does 300 damage and 450 stun? Really, Capcom?
VYIWD.jpg

Morro! said:
So, does Yun have any good FADC combos? I haven't found any and they're a big part of my game, I feel like i'm missing out on doing damage when I use him :(

I think all the big damage he can do comes from Genei Jin, which i'm still not able to land consistently online...
I don't think he does. Perhaps you should play Yang.

LakeEarth

Rice-Eater said:
One of our buddies has picked up Oni. We played tons of games last night and it was kind of hilarious. Everytime we would build a good lead, he would always come back with that cross up EX slash into Ultra and win. He must have had 15-20 big come backs because of this. It just became funny and sad at the same time because we joked about how we know it's coming and yet we still couldn't avoid it.
Spam jab and you'll stuff the slash before it crosses you.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I hate playing as Ryu and Akuma but I'm liking Oni so far, not really sure how to approach matches with him though. Yun is fucking stupid.

any honda players (or any who has played against honda) care to share the preferred jump in, now that j.strong is r.i.p.? also, new ideas for anti-air now that jab headbutt is gone?

Neki

GhostRidah said:
Help me gaf, I noticed ever since going stick I tend to mash, I dont know why but I do, how do I break this habit?
you need to learn how to play in rhythm. just do it step by step and put input display on, and make sure you don't mash. unless it's laggy, then mash all you want.

Ichabod

Banned
Thoughts on Makoto:

-Fukiage is sooo good now.
-Having a hard time consistently landing meaty oroshis with her improved dash
-Loving c.lk's extended range
-Instant ex axe kick is one of my new favorite pressure tools
-Holy balls @ U1. I'm KO'ing people I know would have lived through it in Super
-Did they extend the range ever further on kara kara? I swear it feels like I'm grabbing people from half screen sometimes lol
-I find myself playing a little too offensively trying to get people into the corner so I can land ex hayate->fukiage. I end up getting caught too much by wake up ultras and mashed srk's.

Overall, I am very pleased with her tweaks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
the_log_ride said:
EX Headbutt.... build dem meters, son

E.Ryu brigade out in full-force on PSN tonight...

I tried Ranked tonight on PSN and it was 95% Evil Ryu, Yun, and Yang, LOL.

Doing awful with Chun in this game. I wanted to take up someone new, but seem to be doing okay with other characters, so maybe I need to go back and build up again.

Makoto

It really irritates me when a green bar comes in to my ranked lobby and then the match mysteriously (yeah, right) starts experiencing lags spike at moments just seem very convenient for my opponent. The fact that they sometimes start performing intermediate combos like nothing's wrong is what also blows my mind. But seriously though, I just recently got back into SFIV and the delay in online is what ruins me. I'll be in training practicing combos, preparing myself mentally for how I should be playing and as soon as I get into a match and detect even the slightest bit of frame lag, I will just panic, draw a blank on what I was about to do and start getting nervous. This only leads to my hands getting sweaty and shaking, making my execution doubly shit because now I'm hesitating about my muscle memory and whether or not I should even rely on it at this point because the delay is so noticeable. All of this happens in every match against players who are clearly more experienced than I am.

TLDR: I have no friends that play this game, so laggy online is my only option. OH WHY DO ALL MY FRIENDS PLAY STARCRAFT, WHY COULDN'T THEY PLAY THIS WITH ME? I NEED A LOCAL PARTNER TO PRACTICE AGAINST. THIS FUCKING SUCKS.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
vidal said:
It really irritates me when a green bar comes in to my ranked lobby and then the match mysteriously (yeah, right) starts experiencing lags spike at moments just seem very convenient for my opponent. The fact that they sometimes start performing intermediate combos like nothing's wrong is what also blows my mind. But seriously though, I just recently got back into SFIV and the delay in online is what ruins me. I'll be in training practicing combos, preparing myself mentally for how I should be playing and as soon as I get into a match and detect even the slightest bit of frame lag, I will just panic, draw a blank on what I was about to do and start getting nervous. This only leads to my hands getting sweaty and shaking, making my execution doubly shit because now I'm hesitating about my muscle memory and whether or not I should even rely on it at this point because the delay is so noticeable. All of this happens in every match against players who are clearly more experienced than I am.

TLDR: I have no friends that play this game, so laggy online is my only option. OH WHY DO ALL MY FRIENDS PLAY STARCRAFT, WHY COULDN'T THEY PLAY THIS WITH ME? I NEED A LOCAL PARTNER TO PRACTICE AGAINST. THIS FUCKING SUCKS.

I have two rules:

I Custom Search. Wait for the Yellow bars at least to appear. NEVER a red bar.
When hosting and someone joins if he instantly appears with 3 bars... bad sign it will be laggy.

Sometimes the system doesn't detect random lag spikes. I prefer delay than the freaking spikes. Geesh

zlatko

Banned
Adon vs Yang. What do people try to do to keep Adon off of you with constant tooths? I do light version of Yang's shoryu, but I was wondering if there was something more safe and consistent. Teleport?

Makoto

Relix said:
I have two rules:
Yeah, when I'm hosting (which is all the time), 3 bars ends up being laggy. Even 4 bars has a little bit of noticeable delay. I think perhaps I should rather just join lobbies. I'll be watching for the yellow bars.

Edit: Let me also add that my internet is really shitty. Really shitty. Like I just did a speed test and got 0.79 Mbps down and now I'm wondering who I should switch to shitty. So I think that's moreover the problem.

vidal said:
Yeah, when I'm hosting (which is all the time), 3 bars ends up being laggy. Even 4 bars has a little bit of noticeable delay. I think perhaps I should rather just join lobbies. I'll be watching for the yellow bars.

Edit: Let me also add that my internet is really shitty. Really shitty. Like I just did a speed test and got 0.79 Mbps down and now I'm wondering who I should switch to shitty. So I think that's moreover the problem.
One thing I do to check stability of my connection is to use the ping utility in Windows Command Prompt. I usually use google.com. Check for consistency in the ms.

example: ping google.com -n 20

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oni must be a crackhead or something. He talks in third person. Oni does this, Oni does that. Would be funny if he is Akuma and Gouken fused. Vegito and Gojita talks in third person.

Mike M

Nick N
Has there ever been an instance where they've updated the balancing on the characters without making a new iteration?

Balance patch + 3rd costume for additions since Super, and I'd be satisfied for the game to be done.

rbrogue

I just won my local tourny tonight ^_^ feelsgodman.

Joekage and Chaotix are next on my hit list.

And Find My Farms if he would come out of hiding.

edit - there he is >8|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom