• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrogue

haunts said:
are you the viper player I used to play online way back in the day?

Yeah, dat cali to texas connection isn't that hot but I was always hype when I got a chance to play you!

FindMyFarms said:
Ah, are you the pad viper that's been tearin it up down there?

Yeah, but I keep losing to jewelman so.

jlai

Ichabod said:
Thoughts on Makoto:

-Fukiage is sooo good now.
-Having a hard time consistently landing meaty oroshis with her improved dash
-Loving c.lk's extended range
-Instant ex axe kick is one of my new favorite pressure tools
-Holy balls @ U1. I'm KO'ing people I know would have lived through it in Super
-Did they extend the range ever further on kara kara? I swear it feels like I'm grabbing people from half screen sometimes lol
-I find myself playing a little too offensively trying to get people into the corner so I can land ex hayate->fukiage. I end up getting caught too much by wake up ultras and mashed srk's.

Overall, I am very pleased with her tweaks.

Are you me??

rbrogue said:
Yeah, dat cali to texas connection isn't that hot but I was always hype when I got a chance to play you!

Yeah, but I keep losing to jewelman so.

bwwah my viper is undefeated vs. Jewel :p

Anti-air seismo neutral jumps(if he's too close for that and spamming push fierce, u can do trip guard cr. mk SJC U1 for free), make sure to get your bk mix up goin when you get your knockdowns, be sure to focus butt stomp garbage, and remember to super jump backwards randomly on his wake up to keep him honest on wake up ex headbutts.

Matchup isn't as bad as viper players make it to be, just make sure u know all your situational anti airs and to zone w/ seismos. Keep honda scared or jumpy and you win!

rbrogue

I just have no honda experience. I think the matchup is bad for viper but its compounded by a lack of honda players for me. I've played two competent honda players in the last 6 months and thats arthur and jewelman.

Dartastic

I can't wait to get home and play the hell out of AE, but at the same time I've been playing SF x Tekken at E3. Just wait. That game is sooooo gooooooood.

Joekage

rbrogue said:
I just won my local tourny tonight ^_^ feelsgodman.

Joekage and Chaotix are next on my hit list.

And Find My Farms if he would come out of hiding.

edit - there he is >8|
You may have bested me online but I won't tolerate this kind of talk. I'm coming down to San antonio personally to get in that VIper's ass. Salty runback without the lag/no sound. Also tell Rudy I miss him and tell House that he sucks for me <#

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
the_log_ride said:
Get the lube ready MBB. That's not all he'll do. That's not all...

/breaks down in tears

neqOI.jpg
( with love )

Speaking of Yang, is it just me or is he actually one or two steps below yun in a hypothetical tier ladder?

Also, can someone tell me how to normal move AA with Yang?

Lyte Edge said:
I tried Ranked tonight on PSN and it was 95% Evil Ryu, Yun, and Yang, LOL.

Doing awful with Chun in this game. I wanted to take up someone new, but seem to be doing okay with other characters, so maybe I need to go back and build up again.
in 20 games i've been against the AE cast for about 16 of them, it's fun but annoying as I don't know many of their moves so can't react or block correctly yet.

I miss balrog's jumping FP :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Rice-Eater said:
Oh, look what I found out, no more free EX bird for you Chun'ers out there against dat Evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WYPf-XOsA&feature=channel_video_title

This is the match where I accidentally discovered it. Which also features Evil Ryu's corner dash under after LP tatsu reset, so something cool to try if you're playing Evil Ryu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776fEyZplyw&t=1m54s

Any Chun players know better than to EX SBK a Dive Kick from any character. It's either a trade or you end up unfavorable.

Rice-Eater said:
Oh, look what I found out, no more free EX bird for you Chun'ers out there against dat Evil

This is the match where I accidentally discovered it. Which also features Evil Ryu's corner dash under after LP tatsu reset, so something cool to try if you're playing Evil Ryu.

That same thing has happened to me in SSF4, but with Dee Jay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOzPur-zz7s

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Rice-Eater said:

Cool! I'm really torn between putting time into Evil or Oni. Tricks like that and his dash under tatsu reset (doesn't have to be in the corner btw) are really nifty, but I like Oni's design much more. He's just so angry...

As for the twins, I would like to dabble with Yang, although I have a feeling it'll be a while before anything cool (see Desk's combo vids) starts to happen.
Yun is out of the question. I simply refuse.

Uploaded some fresh AE ranked matches.

Against a Makoto. I had a nice comeback so basically that is the reason why uploaded it. ;)
vs ChrisBBC (Makoto)

Two matches against a Fei Long. He is pretty good, at least around EU level. Close ones. I've lost a bunch of times in SSF4 to him, but now that Rog has been nerfed and Fei has been buffed, it is a different game. The first match is a bit boring, lot of waiting and stalking. The second one at least has a exciting ending.
vs Cliff Swiss (Fei)
vs Cliff Swiss (Fei) #2

Edit: V_Arnold, ok cool! I'll be playing a lot tomorrow I think. I don't know if I have time tonight though. And in case if you haven't noticed, my tag is now 'Rocky Balboa' and not Rokitty anymore.

yo rbrogue....it's been a while since I got owned by whatever character you felt like playing that day, lol

Yang is so fun. I might hop on the Fei train sometime because doing rekkas is fun.

depths20XX

Love Makoto's buffs but I'm still ass with her.

Went on a 9 game losing streak with Makoto then got tired of losing and went on 12 game winning streak with Rose.

Rose might as well not even have an ultra now.

rivals

Corky said:
Speaking of Yang, is it just me or is he actually one or two steps below yun in a hypothetical tier ladder?

Also, can someone tell me how to normal move AA with Yang?

He doesn't have many good options for AA as far as normals go. If you time it right you can use cl.forward or cr.fierce, but I think short dp is bettwe than both of those. Oh nj.rh and jb.rh are both pretty solid too.

vixlar

Rocky_Balboa said:
Uploaded some fresh AE ranked matches.

Against a Makoto. I had a nice comeback so basically that is the reason why uploaded it. ;)
vs ChrisBBC (Makoto)

Two matches against a Fei Long. He is pretty good, at least around EU level. Close ones. I've lost a bunch of times in SSF4 to him, but now that Rog has been nerfed and Fei has been buffed, it is a different game. The first match is a bit boring, lot of waiting and stalking. The second one at least has a exciting ending.
vs Cliff Swiss (Fei)
vs Cliff Swiss (Fei) #2

Edit: V_Arnold, ok cool! I'll be playing a lot tomorrow I think. I don't know if I have time tonight though. And in case if you haven't noticed, my tag is now 'Rocky Balboa' and not Rokitty anymore.

Wow, Rocky, that last video is superb!!!!!

Bleh, there's still no Oni/Evil ryu frame data, and there's no data on the dashes for any of the new characters, so I have to guess on what's safe for FADC.

cackhyena

Does Yun have the fastest walk speed forward in the game or what? I just dinked around with him yesterday and noticed how quickly I could get to my opponent walking. Maybe I've just never noticed other fast characters on this little thing no one probably gives two shits about.

hitsugi

Sir Garbageman said:
So are the twins as bad as they were made out to be? Better or worse than vanilla Sagat? Any chance that they would be banned at tourneys?

Just curious.
Not worse or even as bad as Vanilla Sagat..

Zero chance of getting banned.

cackhyena

I miss the Vanilla days. ST like brutality in the damage. I still love going up against a good Sagat with my Ryu. Just love the match-up.

Axis said:
<3 the fact it automatically gave me that replay when i got on.

dude is fucking disgusting

I'm not for sure if that replay function is working correctly. There were 2 other uploads by ice0age that didn't show up automatically. None the less, it's better than nothing.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
I'm not for sure if that replay function is working correctly. There were 2 other uploads by ice0age that didn't show up automatically. None the less, it's better than nothing.
it will only give you their latest replay; if you want to get constant updates just go back to main menu after every match you play then click xbox live again and it'll search for their latest.

XenoRaven

Rice-Eater said:

Has EX SBK ever been free? Does Evil Ryu have the same safe jump setups that Ryu does? Does he have a similar j LK? If so you should never have to complain about EX SBK. Plus, as Relix said, every dive kick in the game either trades or stuffs it, and it's always a bad trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom