• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from the new characters I like Oni and Yang the most, which is what I expected. Evil Ryu I like more than I thought I would, but I don't like playing Yun at all, but he wasn't that fun in 3s either.

Oni is just a beast, and the first character in the series that I really, really like. Fei in Vanilla and Dudley in Super just didn't cut it, and anyone who played against me in Super(because I dropped vanilla hard) knows that I changed characters a dozen times a day. Oni is an amazing and unique zoning character that almost plays more like Sim than Shoto. So many specific moves.

Yang is cool, but he has the typical 3s to SF4 transition, which means they nerfed the hell out of his hit boxes and gave him better frame data. Fierce rekka is still a great poke to make up for the removal of crouch fierce. He has really weird juggle points on his moves, too. His Ultra 1 has lower juggle points than his uppercut roll, which is bizarre coming off of Dudley. He's not as stupid as Yun in terms of over the top damage and stun, but he's much more flexible thanks to his +8 jab, FADC combos and better juggles.

hitsugi

God's Beard said:
Huh. Yang can link Ultra 1 off a jab.
Welcome to desk day 1. How practical do you think that is vs his fadc set ups though? Takes no meter, but you aren't going to hit confirm a random jab into it

...or are you

edit: my Yang corner press combos(shortest to longest):

cLK, LP, clMK FADC clMK, RH Roll
cMK xx Fierce Rekka x 2 FADC clMK FADC clMK, RH Roll
cLK, LP, clMK, EX Rekkas

hitsugi said:
Welcome to desk day 1. How practical do you think that is vs his fadc set ups though? Takes no meter, but you aren't going to hit confirm a random jab into it

...or are you

No, but it means you can land Ultra 1 meterless mid screen with a hit confirm like say, cLK, LP, LP, LP

the_log_ride said:
Get the lube ready MBB. That's not all he'll do. That's not all...

/breaks down in tears

@Log_Ride Are you done with Sim?
Yang and Yun actually make me frowny face when I have picked Sim.

But when I win.... feels good man. Funny enough I got my 10 win in ranked trophy last night lol (onis and evil ryus love jumping)
I have been using standing medium kick, downback medium punch and ex-upward flame to punish jump ins. I am able to slide under the jumps if they get too aggressive but its really 50/50 if they do a shallow dive. Also, a command grab? Really?

Also, are EX moves from the twins safe on block?

I might have to join the Yang army. He looks cool to play but man, he just feels cheap.

Don't let anything make you think that Yang isn't broken as fuck. He's just as bad as Yun.

I only drop Yang/eryu tech because all the serious oni stuff I'm keeping for myself.

eissan

talking about sim, I seem to have a easier time against him with ryu now :) of course that is playing scrubs on live so I dont know...I need some matches with saty to really see if there is any real change that I can bank on.

Saty Lets play tonight/tomorrow.

Ledsen said:
What's so broken about the twins? I haven't really been keeping up.

Massive frame advantage on normals, specials, everything combos, they're fast, they have tons of mix ups, moves that are fireball invincible WITH lower body invincibility, whiff meter building, they can combo into full ultra for no meter, they have 600+ damage super combos and do a lot of stun.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Ledsen said:
What's so broken about the twins? I haven't really been keeping up.

In the hands of the common online player, really nothing. I've beaten way more than I've lost to. In fact, they're training me to be terrible. Essentially all they do is rush-down so basically I can just close my eyes and DP all day. 7 out of 10 DPs will hit them when they are trying to dive kick or dash in, and that's all it takes to win.

They have some nice block strings, but again. All the ones that I've played online are really easy to beat by just psychic DP'ing when you think they're going to dive kick and rush in. Good Twins are mixing it up and not being so obvious.

... They're still a new character. I'm sure it'll get figured out by the rest of the internet beast here in a few weeks.

spindashing said:
Just when I think I was going to give Rog up. Sweet JESUS.

Shit that was stylin' with the FADC.

depths20XX

God's Beard said:
Massive frame advantage on normals, specials, everything combos, they're fast, they have tons of mix ups, moves that are fireball invincible WITH lower body invincibility, whiff meter building, they can combo into full ultra for no meter, they have 600+ damage super combos and do a lot of stun.

People say Yun isn't as bad as Vanilla Sagat. Seeing all this really makes it looks like he is though. The people I've played online using Yun aren't that good yet but I can already tell how bad this is gonna get once people learn him.

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
Yup, also divekicks (any jump arc change move is a huge advantage) and a command throw. Also, EX lunge punch is hard to block on reaction online.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
LakeEarth said:
Also, EX lunge punch is hard to block on reaction online.

That's fucking aggravating, I play with a mate who lives closeby and has OP-broadband, yet even though its as good as lagfree there are times, more often than not, where he hits me with fullscreen ex-lunges.

:(

I mean even Yang thinks that's messed up

LakeEarth

black_vegeta said:
The worst is when they comeback and win with that ex crossup move>ultra. Shit is hard as fuck to block and react.
I'm pretty sure it is too quick to react to, at least online. Spam jab if you think it's coming. The jab will beat the EX crossup.

jdub03

black_vegeta said:
The worst is when they comeback and win with that ex crossup move>ultra. Shit is hard as fuck to block and react.

I just expect it when they have meter. You can easily grab him out of it on reaction.

LakeEarth said:
I'm pretty sure it is too quick to react to, at least online. Spam jab if you think it's coming. The jab will beat the EX crossup.

Ahh, will mash jab. Thanks

jdub03 said:
I just expect it when they have meter. You can easily grab him out of it on reaction.

I'll do it for style points.

LakeEarth

Corky said:
Before or after it crosses?
Before.

From SRK, frame data of his slashes on block:
- slash: lk slash is -2. mk slash is -4. hk slash is -8, front or back. ex slash is -12 from front, -10 from behind (lol).

Unfortunately they don't have a lot of on-block normal information. I want to find out which normal Oni has that is + on block, so I can cancel into EX slash to make it safer.

So I literally haven't played an actual game of Street Fighter in a week. :(
Why is my Asus monitor not here!
LLShC.gif

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
dragonballjoseph said:
So I literally haven't played an actual game of Street Fighter in a week. :(
Why is my Asus monitor not here!
LLShC.gif

Because god is telling you to man up and play on samsung tvs with 200ms lag like real men.

"During backdash, Honda is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends."

What does that mean gameplay wise, and what is the effect? I'm not the most savvy around here when it comes to the technical details of sf.

Imm0rt4l

kevo_huevo said:
"During backdash, Honda is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends."

What does that mean gameplay wise, and what is the effect? I'm not the most savvy around here when it comes to the technical details of sf.
You can't combo him at that point, you'll hit honda and he'll flip like you just hit him out of the air.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Adam Prime said:
In the hands of the common online player, really nothing. I've beaten way more than I've lost to. In fact, they're training me to be terrible. Essentially all they do is rush-down so basically I can just close my eyes and DP all day. 7 out of 10 DPs will hit them when they are trying to dive kick or dash in, and that's all it takes to win.

They have some nice block strings, but again. All the ones that I've played online are really easy to beat by just psychic DP'ing when you think they're going to dive kick and rush in. Good Twins are mixing it up and not being so obvious.

... They're still a new character. I'm sure it'll get figured out by the rest of the internet beast here in a few weeks.

Shit that was stylin' with the FADC.

Because of the twins rush down I started using rolling thunder... I have never nailed so many rolling thunders in my life lol!

The small backdash talk reminded me of a hilarious moment when I was using Dan against my friend's Rose. He used U1, and I tried to backdash away but failed. We didn't start the next round until much later because we were both too busy laughing.

Mike M

Nick N
Having an awful time online today. I suck on my best day, but my cats seriously will not stop trying to crawl into my lap in the middle of matches, no matter how many times I push them off.

Then my stick randomly stopped registering the buttons for LT and RT in the middle of a match. Worked again after I reset the console, but still a really shirty morning...

hmmm. thanks for the info. i'm thinking i could use that (getting hit after backdash) to punish something like a wakeup dp or something, after i eat a little damage.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
black_vegeta said:

Yeah thats very true... online its almost impossible to block; never know if its cross up or not. Another thing that seems seriously stupid...

LakeEarth

DarkoMaledictus said:
Seriously I think they fucked bad with Yun's design... why in the name of god did they give him all these tools... just seems like horrible design!
I just hate that they think that overpowered characters mean a greater longevity in fighting games. 3s didn't last so long because it was broken, it lasted so long because it was fun as hell, to both play and watch.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
LakeEarth said:
I just hate that they think that overpowered characters mean a greater longevity in fighting games. 3s didn't last so long because it was broken, it lasted so long because it was fun as hell, to both play and watch.

Talking about 3s, kind of looking forward for it to release. Should be nice to be able to play it online! Oh and the new HD graphics are a HUGE bonus :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom