• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

As the proud owner of the 3rd Strike appreciation thread (which I created in 2005, continuously bumped over the years and passed 1000 posts last month), I can say that I cannot contain my excitment of 3s online. It really sounds like they ported it perfect.

... I mean I wouldn't have been too broken up if they reduced Chun's SAII damage 10-20% or extended Genei-Jin's bar a little, but oh well.

hitsugi

DarkoMaledictus said:
Yeah thats very true... online its almost impossible to block; never know if its cross up or not. Another thing that seems seriously stupid...
SF4 has always loved 50/50 guessing games D: like anything else, though, they seem worse online because you don't even have time to guess :lol

N4Us said:
Got grabbed out of Blanka's U1 by Hawk's U2.

Maybe I should go back to Hawk.
After a Level 3 FA, Hawk can hit a full non-scaled U2 if you time it right. At least I think it's unscaled, I forget how much damage it used to do.

LakeEarth said:
As the proud owner of the 3rd Strike appreciation thread (which I created in 2005, continuously bumped over the years and passed 1000 posts last month), I can say that I cannot contain my excitment of 3s online. It really sounds like they ported it perfect.

... I mean I wouldn't have been too broken up if they reduced Chun's SAII damage 10-20% or extended Genei-Jin's bar a little, but oh well.
Ono: "They said I should extend the super bar for Genei Jin, so I gave it 3 stocks! This is an example for how 3s Remix is the game fans have been begging for."

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
Ono: "They said I should extend the super bar for Genei Jin, so I gave it 3 stocks! This is an example for how 3s Remix is the game fans have been begging for."
I'd kinda want to see that. With no hitstun scaling, people could reactivate Genei Jin mid-combo 3-4 times!

hitsugi

Going by Ono balance trolls.. Yun would simply fight with shadows for the entirety of the round. Geneijin would just multiply those

yeah, I am trying yun and avoiding yun just simply because of the backlash, lol

and he seems more challenging to use in comparison requiring better footsies etc, which i figured will help me in the long run with other characters

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
_dementia said:
I notice the same thing. Probably because Yang is way cooler :p

shhhhhh! Don't listen to him ya'll Yun is much much cooler/better/awesomer. Leave Yang alone.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
eissan said:
talking about sim, I seem to have a easier time against him with ryu now :) of course that is playing scrubs on live so I dont know...I need some matches with saty to really see if there is any real change that I can bank on.

Saty Lets play tonight/tomorrow.

I'm no longer scared of Sims.
http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/287784136

But grapplers. Damn. I find Gief, T.Hawk and Hakan more scary than Yun.

XenoRaven

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, I am trying yun and avoiding yun just simply because of the backlash, lol

and he seems more challenging to use in comparison requiring better footsies etc, which i figured will help me in the long run with other characters
I am confused by two things in this post.

1. You said Yun twice and I don't know if one of them was supposed to be Yang.

2. Yun and Yang have backdashes?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Playing Makoto now makes me feel like I'm Goku, and I've been training for a year at 100x gravity and I just got to Namek and started straight up murdering dudes.

Satyamdas

Banned
XenoRaven said:
I am confused by two things in this post.

1. You said Yun twice and I don't know if one of them was supposed to be Yang.

2. Yun and Yang have backdashes?
Him saying Yun twice was a gdlk Freudian slip. But not quite as gdlk as you reading backlash as backdash.

Might I suggest:

vIiw2.jpg

Corky

rance said:
Man, people are talking about PC AE having GGPO. It's cool if it's true, but I'll be super annoyed about it for sure.

Say whaaaaaaaat? This sounds like an impossible dream.

hitsugi

rance said:
Man, people are talking about PC AE having GGPO. It's cool if it's true, but I'll be super annoyed about it for sure.
Annoyed but you would rather be playing what capcom gives you now than wait for a potentially superior PC version, right?

def sim

hitsugi said:
Annoyed but you would rather be playing what capcom gives you now than wait for a potentially superior PC version, right?

I mean I'll be annoyed as I buy it again on Steam and play it instead.

Corky

I doesn't feel like Yangs non-ex command grab has different properties across lk,mk,hk. Right?

rivals

Corky said:
I doesn't feel like Yangs non-ex command grab has different properties across lk,mk,hk. Right?

No it doesn't. Same range, same startup, same recovery, +7 for all. EX has larger grab distance but I think it's still just +7 (can't remember off the top of my head).

def sim

Lost Fragment said:
lol if Cammy's new cr.hp hits meaty it links into her u1. Sick.

I thought it was always like this? At least it connects at CH as well back in Super. Not entirely sure about meaty, but I assumed so.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
rance said:
I thought it was always like this? At least it connects at CH as well back in Super. Not entirely sure about meaty, but I assumed so.

Looks like you're right. I knew ch cr.hp linked into her U1 but I didn't know meaty cr.hp did too. Shows how much I know. But it seems like it's a lot easier in AE than it is in Super. Not sure how practical it would be in Super, but I'm pulling it off in AE every time after practicing it for like 5 minutes.

I think I like the new Cammy.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just lost 15 ranked matches in a row.
I still love Hakan is not the character fault that i suck.
I know that i could have won several of those matches with Guile... oh well.

And yes ive fought more Yangs than Yun.

Solune

Lost Fragment said:
Looks like you're right. I knew ch cr.hp linked into her U1 but I didn't know meaty cr.hp did too. Shows how much I know. But it seems like it's a lot easier in AE than it is in Super. Not sure how practical it would be in Super, but I'm pulling it off in AE every time after practicing it for like 5 minutes.

I think I like the new Cammy.
In Maj's Vanilla SF4 Combo Vid he showed off that meaty CR. FP into U1 setup on Sakura.

God's Beard said:
Oni time :-D

anti air links(corner only):

forward RH, forward RH = 200 damage(first RH must be close)
forward RH, DP(any non-EX): 140 damage
forward RH, EX DP = 250 damage(doesn't seem to be cancelable)
jab DP, forward RH = 105 damage(works mid screen, creates space)
jab DP, RH tatsu = 120 damage(works mid screen, carries them very far!)
jab DP, any non- EX dp = 80 damage
jab DP, EX DP = 190 damage

edit: jab DP, neutral jMP = 120 damage(knocks down)
edit2:
jab DP, Ultra 1(horizontal) = 325 damage
jab DP, Ultra 1 (vertical) = 340 damage
edit3:
short tatsu, Fierce DP = 230 damage(works mid screen)
short tatsu, EX DP = 300 damage(works mid screen)
short tatsu, Ultra 1(horizontal) = 470 damage(full ultra!)
edit 4: short tatsu, Ultra 1(vertical) = 410 damage
short tatsu, FP = 210 damage(reset!)

Good stuff with this, GB. I can confirm these all work.

Timing on Ultra 1 off AA LP DP is tight.

Oni can cross up with all jumping kicks.
It's super easy to use 3 light attacks to hit confirm into HP DP.
cr.LP x3, HP DP 182dmg/280stun

But if you can do that, you might as well do:
cr.LP x2, cr.HP xx HP DP 234dmg/400stun (cancelling into HK Tatsu nets the exact same numbers)

I like cLK, LP, FP xx HK Tatsu the most for a BnB.

another good one is cMK xx strong Fireball FADC cMP, cFP xx LK Stomp.

Stomp gives you really good positioning.

jdub03

Imm0rt4l said:
I jizzed my pants....

I hope he does something special for EVO as well as Maj. Maj's Ryu is strong exhibition was dope as was that combo exhibition he made last year.

I just went to megadesk.bandcamp.com and downloaded his songs. This weekend I will attempt to learn one of desks simplest yun and yang genei jin combos... while rocking out to his awesome music.

Hmm... Oni Ultra 1 vs 2 is kind of bugging me right now.

Ultra 1
Basically can combo out of anything
anti crossup
full screen
air version
more consistent damage

Ultra 2
Basically can combo out of anything
generally better angle for anti air
much faster
higher potential damage

LakeEarth

Ultra 1 is more consistent, which is what I think is more important. It gets way more damage off of the ex slash crossup, that's for sure.

LakeEarth

God's Beard said:
I must be the only Oni that doesn't abuse slashes and the backwards air dash.
That's actually a good thing. EX slash is not safe, and should only be used if know he's afraid to push buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom