• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Degen said:
You up for it right now?

Kind of busy with other bullshit at the moment. Might head out soon too. But feel free to add me. I main Bison, but want to get good with other Shadaloo dudes. I've always had a thing for playing as bad guys in games.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Wiseblade said:
Just got back from Bushido. Gamerbee > Europe. The tournament setup was 5/6 man round robin (one match and done!) where the top 4 go into double elimination (best 2/3 all the way). The groups were supposed to be 8-10 people each, but only half the players showed due to a buttload of snow during the weekend. In groups I got Starnab, Slizzle (top UK Fei Long) a highly rated French Akuma and a random Viper and Cammy. After finishing fourth in my group, I was just unlucky enough to get Gamerbee in the first round and have my destruction put on the stream, with my name spelled wrong (but everybody here was too busy watching AE footage to watch it, right?). Then after beating some French Abel in losers, got beat by Zoro Blad, A UK Adon player I went with. Going 2-1 is really depressing.

In casuals I didn't do much better. I managed to beat down any of the random french people I played, but got buss up by anyone with a name. I played 10 games against Vryu and lost 9 of them, and lost 3-1 in a money match against Cuongster (top French Honda). I played Kusanagi (12 year old Ryu beast) and beat his Abel and Ryu, but then he switched to Akuma and made me feel bad about myself.

If there's anything I learned from the experience, it's that I have so much more to learn to really compete at that level. And that getting scared by a name only guarantees you'll lose. I instantly started playing way worse when I became aware that I was fighting someone with a reputation.

EDIT: (not so) rare footage of me actually hungry!

congrats, thanks for the salt report

that Bushido stream was hype, very entertaining.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Kindevu is the new #1 in Japan... Daigo is #2. :O

Both are using Yun. :lol :lol :lol

Man, I always forget how different the combo system in 3s is. Not being able to hit confirm with jabs and shorts throws me off a lot. It's crazy how such little differences make game engines feel entirely separate.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God's Beard said:
Man, I always forget how different the combo system in 3s is. Not being able to hit confirm with jabs and shorts throws me off a lot. It's crazy how such little differences make game engines feel entirely separate.
cr.lk x3, SA3 with Ken is quite a hit confirm imo :D

Mœbius

This one's for you Haunts... Let it Rip!

Tokido's latest blog entry, discusses the Akuma v Sagat match-up (still in Akuma'a favour in his opinion). Also:

- Mentions that Bonchan feels Sagat is back to top-tier status in AE.
- Thinks Makoto may become top-tier (yes!).
- Cammy is ok but no longer top-tier.
- Yang's genei jin is not as good as it was in 3rd Strike.
- Says the balance in AE is better than Vanilla and Super balancing changes.
- Daigo has an interest in Ken (not clear what this means... presumably picking him as a secondary?).

EDIT: Beaten, see you already posted it on iplaywinner Haunts. ;)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
pirateben said:
This one's for you Haunts... Let it Rip!

EDIT: Beaten, see you already posted it on iplaywinner Haunts. ;)

Hah, good lookin out! Man that blog entry is soooooooooo funny.

"I want to show you how many time my wakeup UC1 work against daigo." :lol :lol :lol :lol

haunts said:
Hah, good lookin out! Man that blog entry is soooooooooo funny.

"I want to show you how many time my wakeup UC1 work against daigo." :lol :lol :lol :lol
Yeah Tokido's got jokes. I like reading his stuff.

Tokido's English is getting better. Interesting that he thinks the balance is better in AE. Someone needs to record the matches with Bonchan if they play again.

SUPARSTARX

Chinatown Fair (New York City) is getting SSF4:AE tomorrow, not sure what time but hopefully it'll be setup by late afternoon/evening when everyone gets off work/school.

-PXG-

Threi said:
yeah it seems like capcom did a bang-up job balancing the game.

Even blanka players agree.

/rolleyes

I would put a troll face over Ono's head, but I'm too lazy/ tired right now.

SUPARSTARX said:
Chinatown Fair (New York City) is getting SSF4:AE tomorrow, not sure what time but hopefully it'll be setup by late afternoon/evening when everyone gets off work/school.

WHAT!?!?!

*paging Ninajheartless*

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
pirateben said:
- Daigo has an interest in Ken (not clear what this means... presumably picking him as a secondary?).

Daigo is currently rocking Yun, Guile and Ken in AE according to his profile :X His Ken is at 80% win rate, Guile at 90% lol

El Sloth

Banned
SUPARSTARX said:
Dammit, so tempted to head down there with my comically swollen face to get in some Yun and Guy action.

Yoshichan said:
cr.lk x3, SA3 with Ken is quite a hit confirm imo :D

Well I mean that you can't really link normals. No standing jab into cMK into fireball and stuff like that.

My characters barely even have special cancelable normals that actually combo. Q only has one, close standing MK. Twelve has, what, close MP? MK? Dudley has a lot as a combo character, but it's still a fraction of his cancels in SSF4.

Remy can cancel into flash kick, but that's it.

The system is so different. No normal links, but juggles and buffered hit confirms all day. Universal overhead into super is sweet, though.

I just finished reading some of the stuff about PSN being ass and Xbox Live being so much better in the last 2 pages. Is it really that bad? I know PC felt much superior to PSN when it came to vanilla, but SSF4 PS3 doesn't seem that bad at all to me. But I will find out for myself early next year. All the local guys play on Xbox and they've been wanting me to get one to so we can train together online because we can't always get together. I said I'll do it when I get my income tax check next year. With all the smack talking, I'd like to see how much better things are for myself.

def sim

Rice-Eater said:
I just finished reading some of the stuff about PSN being ass and Xbox Live being so much better in the last 2 pages. Is it really that bad? I know PC felt much superior to PSN when it came to vanilla, but SSF4 PS3 doesn't seem that bad at all to me. But I will find out for myself early next year. All the local guys play on Xbox and they've been wanting me to get one to so we can train together online because we can't always get together. I said I'll do it when I get my income tax check next year. With all the smack talking, I'd like to see how much better things are for myself.

I think it's because of the bigger community on 360. More people to play, the higher chance there is in finding a good connection.

I mean, PSN and XBL are both P2P. I can't see there being much difference in the netcode.

USD

From Min's twitter:

EcUOR.jpg

bimmy n jimmy lee

Satyamdas

Banned
Morro! said:
Saw this on iplaywinner

Best Moments of Korean Players aka Saty being put on blast by a korean juri :lol
:lol

Yo ugh, I remember this. We played like 5 in a row in ranked that night. There were even worse blowups than that, but that was the only recorded match. And of course the only match I won was the one after that.

WeirdoNeo is in Alaska, I'm in SoCal. The connection is yellow bar and shitty, but I can't even blame the lag. I'd get bodied if we were playing local. Dude really leveled up though, I remember when Super first came out I beat him a ton of times. :(

And poor ACQUA getting trolled by Honda Buttslams! D:

Everytime I read comments on Eventscrubs, SRK, and youtube I see people saying Ibuki is cheap and is an easy mode character...

The fuck?

Rice-Eater said:

PSN > LIVE for Europe
LIVE > PSN for the US

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom