• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky_Balboa said:
I used to play with a more aggressive style, but now if I really want to win, I have to lame it out. Especially if my opponent knows anything about the game.

As much I like watching ice0age play, he won't be able to play like that against the top players.

Agreed

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
"c.LP ~ c.LP ~ c.LK xx HP.Dashpunch - 148 dmg"

Damn has it always been that low?

def sim

Any word on how Capcom is going to justify the extra $25 for AE retail?

If it's something really nice, I'm going to be super bitter as I purchase it early in some mom and pop.

rivals

I think they are justifying it with the fact that you don't already need to own super to play ae with that version. That's pretty much the same cost as it would be to go buy super and the dlc right now.

EDIT: That said, I have no idea if the disc one is going to have the super on/off option like the dlc.

Grifter

I've been out of the loop. Is there a master list of changes in AE?

Also, had a few guys here that were able to play me online with pretty good lag. You guys still around?

notworksafe

rance said:
Any word on how Capcom is going to justify the extra $25 for AE retail?

If it's something really nice, I'm going to be super bitter as I purchase it early in some mom and pop.
$25? Super is like $20 on disc used and AE is $15. Las I heard the complete disc is only $40, so only $5 more.

Dartastic

Yo. Just picked up AE. Just started playing Makoto again. MAKOTO. MAKOTO! GOD DAMMMMMN GIRL! AHAHHAHAH YEAYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I'm 4-0 at this point, and I've taken on a pretty decent Yun and Yang. Man. She liiiiives! IMA BE TAKING PEOPLE'S POINTS!

Also, who should I be following RE: replays?

def sim

notworksafe said:
$25? Super is like $20 on disc used and AE is $15. Las I heard the complete disc is only $40, so only $5 more.

I'm looking at this as a Super owner with AE DLC, my mistake. I didn't put value on the disc I've had this whole time for whatever reason.

McNum

I just got AE, but I'm so very rusty at the game now. I messed up my muscle memory by playing MvC3, I fear. That said, my finger speed is improved, thanks to the same game.

Anyway, I last played SSF4 in October last year, where I was dabbling online with a not-incompetent Sakura (but not much better than that) and I just can't make her do anything anymore. I look at my replays and go "How did I do that?" So, it's back to the training room. I saw she got a few buffs, so that's nice.

Do any of you guys have a couple of basic Sakura combos I should re-learn? Or should I take it as an opportunity to learn someone else? Makoto seems interesting now. Or Ibuki, perhaps.

notworksafe

rance said:
I'm looking at this as a Super owner with AE DLC, my mistake. I didn't put value on the disc I've had this whole time for whatever reason.
There was a rumor about the older costume packs being on the AE disc as well, but I don't know if anything ever came of that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Satyamdas said:
But yeah, I have no idea about the behind the scenes stuff. It might be cutthroat business for all I know.

You have no idea. This isn't the place to discuss it however. Perhaps some things are better left unsaid.

I may stream tonight if people want me to. It seems like ages since the last.

hitsugi

You know, even Yun can't believe his strength at times.

Has anyone beaten the game with him? During the rival match he says "I'm so strong, I scare myself!" :lol

Corky said:
"c.LP ~ c.LP ~ c.LK xx HP.Dashpunch - 148 dmg"

Damn has it always been that low?

I don't remember if it was that low in Vanilla, but in Super yeah. That is why people usually finished with the headbutt.

Threi

notag
Rog's combos were never damaging though...and that was never the issue with him. It was the hard-hitting normals, which also have amazing hitboxes. That was pretty much the reason he dominated the lower half of the cast in SSF4.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
I don't remember if it was that low in Vanilla, but in Super yeah. That is why people usually finished with the headbutt.

I see.

God damn it! I just went back to Balrog in trainingmode after a streak of 100 yang matches up until now or something. Seriously, doing combos/hitconfirms/everything is soooo ridiculously easy with yang compared to someone else >_<.

I whiffed s.roundhouse like 5 times when trying to do the incredibly execution heavy headbutt into ultra. I had to do a tripletake to see if I actually had U1 and the buttons where correct, that's how mindfucked I was . sigh...

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Satyamdas said:
As for things getting ugly, I don't know. I mean back when sp00ky made his famous "My streams don't go down in grand finals" quote and Valle was getting at him on twitter I thought yeah, this shit might get nasty. But sp00ky went on stream quickly afterwards and apologized for his comments like a man, and the Level|Up guys handled it like classy gentlemen. Then this weekend both guys were promoting each others' streams and showing mutual respect, which was nice to see. But yeah, I have no idea about the behind the scenes stuff. It might be cutthroat business for all I know.
Yeah it's been pretty good so far. I certainly don't expect any of those guys to suddenly breach etiquette to the point of insulting each other publicly. Everyone's fairly mature when it comes to that stuff. But even if that wasn't the case, Sp00ky got a lot of heat for his comments, which taught everyone that you don't get ahead by talking shit about colleagues.

That's not the problem i'm worried about. What i'm worried about is all these guys investing unsustainable amounts of time/money into what they're hoping is gonna turn into the next Starcraft. If it doesn't happen, that's when people start asking for donations and things start to get sketchy. Like i said before, i'd feel a lot more comfortable with $1000 prize bonuses flying around than seeing all these insane $20k tournaments every other month. That's gonna catch up with us sooner or later, isn't it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Quitting that garbage SCII game and will be starting SSFIV AE full time again. Let's see how long this lasts.

More fun stuff. Gief can SPD Rog's dash punch on hit if it hits too deep. I guess it was technically possible in SSF4 too, but now it is much easier since the range buff.

Rocky_Balboa said:
More fun stuff. Gief can SPD Rog's dash punch on hit if it hits too deep. I guess it was technically possible in SSF4 too, but now it is much easier since the range buff.

I always backdash after a lp dash punch no matter what against Gief.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yep, Makoto is amazing in AE. Feel sooooooooo good to be back to her 3s style.

Fraeon

Suddenly, jab hands.

I'm serious, I always thought I had too slow fingers till now but for whatever reason I started getting it while pianoing on the first try. Sure, I get ex hands a third of the time I go for it now but that's better than 0% of the time that I used to get jab into hp hands with Honda.

I might just go back to Chun now. Or start playing Honda.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Played Rico Suave's Oni in ranked like 5 times in a row and fucked him up. Last match I had a big life lead but he was just sitting on the other side of the screen throwing fireballs for like 60 seconds and I taunted him a few times 'cause shit's boring. Guess he got pissed because then he picked Abel and fucked me up like 5 games in a row. Not used to fighting Abels that don't make their throw setups completely obvious, I guess. Was like he was hard-wired into my brain and knew exactly when I'd try to jump and exactly when I wouldn't. Then I tried doing the opposite thing when I felt I should jump/block, and I still guessed wrong almost every time.

At least I got some rounds off him. Still salty though. Wish I lived in an area that had better comp.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
Professor Beef said:
Did you want answers here, or in the comments section? Either way, my answer to the hypothetical is no.
If it's not too much trouble, i'd prefer the comments section just have all the answers in one place, but if that's a dealbreaker then anywhere is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom