• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
I think I played somewhere towards 40 games in Ranked as Yang trying to grind it out and get better. I'm glad I didn't pick Yun as my main like I planned too, because I feel Yang actually takes skill to use for the most part, and his combos aren't brain dead easy, although his BnB isn't too rough.

I'm pretty much done using Ultra 2 with him as well. I tried so many times to do it on reaction or mind guess when a fireball will be shot out as I'm fairly close, but it always gets blocked. I also learned that like 900 things just beat it out clean since it seems to have no invincibility frames. Blanka balls blow it up, and jump short from Ken blew it up lol. Plus, several times when I tried to do mantisx2 fadc into U2, I would get ex roll kick instead, so at least now when I do that with U1 it comes out consistently for me. :p

I feel super confident in the Makoto match up. That's the one match up I can say I feel as Yang you control the flow of battle right out the gate. Makoto has to REALLY be patient on when to come in against a Yang doing palm to build meter, but god damn if you let her in she will stun you so fast.

Played a lot of Vegas today... fuck me is he safe. I was just mind fucked trying to figure out when his block strings end so I could try and set up my own pressure. :(

"I think I played somewhere towards 40 games in Ranked as Yang trying to grind it out and get better. I'm glad I didn't pick Yun as my main like I planned too, because I feel Yang actually takes skill to use for the most part, and his combos aren't brain dead easy, although his BnB isn't too rough. "

Actually, Yang's BnB combos and links are easier than Yun's.

zlatko

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"I think I played somewhere towards 40 games in Ranked as Yang trying to grind it out and get better. I'm glad I didn't pick Yun as my main like I planned too, because I feel Yang actually takes skill to use for the most part, and his combos aren't brain dead easy, although his BnB isn't too rough. "

Actually, Yang's BnB combos and links are easier than Yun's.

I disagree. I can do Yun's combos without breaking a sweat, and have so many opportunities too thanks to his dive kick. Yang going for his BnB can whiff on crouching opponents even if you do go crouching lp, standing lp, crouching mk, slashes. Plus, doing Yangs combos that have the standing close medium kick to launch and then try to jump whiff the dive kick, etc is much more precision demanding than Yun's stuff.

Both aren't super hard to learn though in the long run, but yeah Yun is easier for me.

LakeEarth

Just got rocked by EMP Hiro online. Playing Oni was probably a bad choice, but his corner mixup got me every time.

On the bright side I have landed Oni's air demon twice today. Always good for a laugh.

"For those who have watched SRK Live stream, what's up with how um faster/smoother the game looks on Best on their stream compared to even say a HD youtube video of a match? It looks even more fluid than when I play it on my HDTV. "

The SRK Live stream is 60fps, youtube videos are not. It shouldn't look more fluid than your TV, though.

zlatko

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"For those who have watched SRK Live stream, what's up with how um faster/smoother the game looks on Best on their stream compared to even say a HD youtube video of a match? It looks even more fluid than when I play it on my HDTV. "

The SRK Live stream is 60fps, youtube videos are not. It shouldn't look more fluid than your TV, though.

Crud. I must have some serious lag on my TV then. The stream just looks waaaaaaaaay more smooth than even when I play offline in training. :(

Rocwell

J. M. Romeo said:
So, I'm trying to get back into SSF with AE. Being a Makoto player, I've got a reason to come back.

Is there any place where I can find good match up tutorials/info about combos/videos on Makoto? I've tried browsing SRK and eventhubs but most info is either disperse or old. If you guys have any source I would love you so much for it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/vryu123

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuzJrLhXHC8&feature=BFa&list=FLempgNRWpepU&index=10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZEqG6ptxU&feature=BFa&list=FLempgNRWpepU&index=18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE7uaPc2Y2s&feature=BFa&list=FLempgNRWpepU&index=19

These are all pre-AE tutorials but most of it still applies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Seriously debating whether to buy SSF4 off games on demand to get some matches going.

Only downside being is that I don't have my stick anymore.

:(

Let me settle the debate.

Do eeeeeet. Also you don't need stick, rock that 360 pad ( better be a 360 pad or else ) until your fingers are raw and bloody. Then we can play and I can get bodied with my scrubby yang :3

Corky

J. M. Romeo said:
If there is a group of GAF AE players I would gladly join (although I may or may not be there for all the matches).

Where do I sign up? I play on 360

Cool man, there's usually a gang of 4-5 gaffers that play with each other but we haven't really had any the kind of lobbies/consistency that us-psn-gaf has but god damnit we should be have our own.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Get me added, hopefully get some matches in tonight.

Alright, will do :)

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
DryEyeRelief said:
It's not a dumb question, but I do wonder why you're asking it though.
Just curiosity. It came to mind a long time ago and i wrote it down in a .txt file expecting to forget about it. But the curiosity never went away, so i one day i just said fuck it and posted.

Then i quickly realized that we'd need a lot of responses to get an accurate balanced perspective, because the answers swing heavily depending on how you're feeling when you respond. Obviously you're gonna answer differently when you just won 50 games in a row using a new character vs when you lose 20 games with your main vs ten minutes after watching a hype stream vs when your favorite game gets left out of Evo, etc. etc.

Corky

Seriously now...

Have they changed something to balrogs headbutt into ultra? I can't believe I'm saying this as someone who "mained" balrog, but suddenly I only hit my hb in ultra like 33% >_< ffs what's going on seriously? This like not being able to toss a hadoken with a shotocharacter...

edit : yep now I'm sure, I'm positive something is up and it's not just me, c.mp xx hb into ultra I can't do it, the ultra is not coming out. They must've changed something, I'm not saying I'm a good balrog but I should be able to do this in my fucking sleep with 1 hand for crying out loud.

edit 2 : I'm studying the inputs like a madman and I cannot find out why I'm suddenly fucking this up.

edit 3 : ok.... ok..... there's either some mad fucking placebo going on in my brain ruining my shit with things or I'm just crazy. I switched to regular SUPER and hit the hb into ultra 5000 million % of the time without fail. Switched back to AE and missed missed missed.

Natural

Corky said:
Cool man, there's usually a gang of 4-5 gaffers that play with each other but we haven't really had any the kind of lobbies/consistency that us-psn-gaf has but god damnit we should be have our own.

Alright, will do :)
Wooo, I want to get involved in yurope-gaf. I play a scrubby Guy and am always down for some matches! On xbl too btw.

Corky

Natural said:
Wooo, I want to get involved in yurope-gaf. I play a scrubby Guy and am always down for some matches! On xbl too btw.

what the hell, yurop-gaf coming out of the woodworks where the heck have ya'll been all my life? :)'

rbrogue

Corky said:
Seriously now...

Have they changed something to balrogs headbutt into ultra? I can't believe I'm saying this as someone who "mained" balrog, but suddenly I only hit my hb in ultra like 33% >_< ffs what's going on seriously? This like not being able to toss a hadoken with a shotocharacter...

Rogs headbutt has more recovery now so you need to input the ultra later

Corky

rbrogue said:
Rogs headbutt has more recovery now so you need to input the ultra later

oh fuck... of course I totally forgot about that inadvertently messing up the timing beyond belief.

Darkhadou

Neo Member
jdub03 said:
Wow. Did he just link off of E ryus overhead. Desk continues to amaze me. How does he come up with this stuff.

Pretty sure it was one of the first discoveries of E.Ryu back when he was leaked in the arcades. =) Not too hard to do either.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
That's why i hate making week-one combovids. Yeah it's easy to find shit, but you're just doing the combos they want you to do!

It's all about finding crazy/subtle stuff that Capcom didn't know existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom