• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub03

Darkhadou said:
Pretty sure it was one of the first discoveries of E.Ryu back when he was leaked in the arcades. =) Not too hard to do either.

I didn't know that. That coupled with his ex ax kick can make for some crazy mixups. It can be a good strategy to get dp fadc ultra.

Mike M

Nick N
Corky said:
Seriously now...

Have they changed something to balrogs headbutt into ultra? I can't believe I'm saying this as someone who "mained" balrog, but suddenly I only hit my hb in ultra like 33% >_< ffs what's going on seriously? This like not being able to toss a hadoken with a shotocharacter...

edit : yep now I'm sure, I'm positive something is up and it's not just me, c.mp xx hb into ultra I can't do it, the ultra is not coming out. They must've changed something, I'm not saying I'm a good balrog but I should be able to do this in my fucking sleep with 1 hand for crying out loud.

edit 2 : I'm studying the inputs like a madman and I cannot find out why I'm suddenly fucking this up.

edit 3 : ok.... ok..... there's either some mad fucking placebo going on in my brain ruining my shit with things or I'm just crazy. I switched to regular SUPER and hit the hb into ultra 5000 million % of the time without fail. Switched back to AE and missed missed missed.
Near as I can tell, nothing has changed since as far as I'm aware the recovery is supposed to be the same on hit.

That said, I am a super shitty player, and combo into HB into U1 with Balrog is like the ONE thing I can do with anything resembling reliability. I haven't noticed a difference in AE.

rbrogue said:
you shouldn't be talking about anybody being ass, stick player.

Lets play later tonight! My net issues are mostly resolved.
Pad player pfft. Anyways, I'll play your tier whoring ass if I'm on. I need the Yun experience.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
black_vegeta said:

Corky, stop sucking ass and do dat ultra 1. >:[

:( I've contracted a disease that suddenly doesn't allow me to do the easiest of rogs tools. For the sake of keeping my sanity I tried doing 4 ex uppers loop several times in a row without dropping even one, then I went to work on some c.lp c.lp s.lp c.mp xx rush and made that 1f link ( ? ) like it was childsplay a large majority of the attempts.

Don't know what's going on. I'm sad.

Back to yang I guess. /sadpie

Darkhadou said:
Pretty sure it was one of the first discoveries of E.Ryu back when he was leaked in the arcades. =) Not too hard to do either.
I knew about linking after the axekick, but linking after his command overhead was new to me too.

rbrogue said:
is it really? feels like i can only get it to come out when the opponent is closer to the ground
Yeah it is still the same. After a headbutt you can still whiff a jumping attack and land on the other side of your opponent and get a meaty jab in. That being said I've had some problems too with the ultra. Maybe they made the motion stricter? Halfcircle motions are supposedly stricter inter in AE so maybe the U1 motion is also?

cackhyena said:

Yes, I know. I'm famous and awesome.

Corky

rbrogue said:
is it really? feels like i can only get it to come out when the opponent is closer to the ground

That's what I get aswell, if I even manage to get out the ultra then I have to use the KK etc version to be able to scoop them up soo low from the ground.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Yeah it is still the same. After a headbutt you can still whiff a jumping attack and land on the other side of your opponent and get a meaty jab in. That being said I've had some problems too with the ultra. Maybe they made the motion stricter? Halfcircle motions are supposedly stricter inter in AE so maybe the U1 motion is also?

This could be it since I'm on a pad and my motions are generally sloppier than those coming of a stick but still... this is fucking bullshit :(

USD

Missed the last episode of Excellent Adventures.

EXPOSE HIM.

howdidhedothatqnia.gif

annoyingv3gavnkj.gif

Spam after all Threi posts.

deejayfupw.gif

Arozay

So salty, played so shit tonight and probably won 20 out of like 100 matches. Playing as Rose and it feels like everything has better hitboxes than me (U2 sucks now aswell), dive kicked out of Soul Throw. Also all of the new guys are bullshit bar Evil Ryu, Yuns dash punch that you can't punish, Yangs rolling seizure, Onis dumb crossup + air stomp stuff.

Rage!

Also been watching too much streams so I don't expect wake up Shoryuken.

Corky

Zaro said:
So salty, played so shit tonight and probably won 20 out of like 100 matches. Playing as Rose and it feels like everything has better hitboxes than me (U2 sucks now aswell), dive kicked out of Soul Throw. Also all of the new guys are bullshit bar Evil Ryu, Yuns dash punch that you can't punish, Yangs rolling seizure, Onis dumb crossup + air stomp stuff.

Rage!

Also been watching too much streams so I don't expect wake up Shoryuken.

As someone who despised the mechanics of rose u2 in super I really think they kinda went overboard with the nerf. I hated the fact that in super a rose player could virtually pause the game whenever he/she wanted and get a "fresh" start, one of the most annoying wake up ultras there were.

But now I do agree it seems kinda worthless from the little I've seen in AE.

LakeEarth

~Devil Trigger~ said:
wow what a shut down at the last round

is Deejay's slide safe on block now? thats huge if true, closer to ST
Safer, but doesn't go as far.

There's a good Eita Oni match there. Looks like Oni is a character greatly enhanced by FADC combos.

Imm0rt4l

A friend was complainin that yun is easy mode as I was beating his yang and raged when I pulled out my week old fei(his main) and beat this other dude in the lobby. My fei isn't great but its better than his. If you can't take it don't dish it. Trollface.gif.

Imm0rt4l said:
A friend was complainin that yun is easy mode as I was beating his yang and raged when I pulled out my week old fei(his main) and beat this other dude in the lobby. My fei isn't great but its better than his. If you can't take it don't dish it. Trollface.gif.

Poor guy he needs to get out of the low tier ghetto

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
bangbang i'm a timpani said:
Wow Ken is really good in this game. Anybody play him/have some advice against the twins?

I think the big thing to keep in mind right now is that they're at negative frames when you block a dive kick. Meaning, if they try and do a low short after a blocked dive kick and you try to do a crouching jab or something, chances are your jab will win. If you block a dive kick high enough, I'm pretty sure you can punish them with a throw and they can't do anything about it.

Also, the hitbox on their dive kicks are ridiculously bad, so hit training mode and find out which of your normals stuffs dive kicks the most.

Speaking of the twins. vryu just posted this shit on SRK.

Rofl.
EX oroshi > dash > fHK hold > jump HP OS hk karakusa.

Beat every yun dragon (even EX) and hit backdash. In case of jump hk whiff to backdash (sometimes happens) OS karakusa grab xD

yun can delay shoryu to beat it.

lol Makoto

Corky

Oh oh oh speaking of PC mods.
Please tell me it is possible, for someone learned enough, to choose your own menu backgrounds? Or is that somehow an impossibility?

I was soooo bummed out over the fact that console AE still has that garbage ken/ryu uglyugly artwork compared to that badass clean Oni background of the regular AE.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Chavelo

Corky said:
Oh oh oh speaking of PC mods.
Please tell me it is possible, for someone learned enough, to choose your own menu backgrounds? Or is that somehow an impossibility?

I was soooo bummed out over the fact that console AE still has that garbage ken/ryu uglyugly artwork compared to that badass clean Oni background of the regular AE.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Totally possible to do on Vanilla by modding, and since AE:pC will use the same engine, I think it will be the same. Also, music/hud/characters/voice can be changed

Clearly, PC AE > Console AE. :D

http://sf4mods.pbworks.com/w/page/5097105/Misc#MenuBackgroundReplacements

General Tutorial
http://www.d0tk0m.com/games/street-fighter-iv-modding-with-pc-version/

Corky

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Thought this was a pretty interesting answer from part 2 of Daigo's Q&A at Capcom Unity;

1) Daigo, When you lose in critical moments during a tournament. You always seem so calm about the result. But Honestly, what are you really thinking?

--Bryce

You know, if you win or lose on a lottery, you can simply feel lucky to win or feel disappointed with your loss. You don’t bare any responsibly in the outcome. But in a game, no matter what happens, win or lose, I am responsible for the result. So if I win after all the hard work, I validate all my efforts leading up to the tournament. And if I lose, I accept my loss recognizing that I have to work even harder. Nothing and nobody but myself is accountable for the result. Knowing that may leave no room for me to emotionally react to a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom