• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conceited said:
Thought this was a pretty interesting answer from part 2 of Daigo's Q&A at Capcom Unity;

1) Daigo, When you lose in critical moments during a tournament. You always seem so calm about the result. But Honestly, what are you really thinking?

--Bryce

You know, if you win or lose on a lottery, you can simply feel lucky to win or feel disappointed with your loss. You don’t bare any responsibly in the outcome. But in a game, no matter what happens, win or lose, I am responsible for the result. So if I win after all the hard work, I validate all my efforts leading up to the tournament. And if I lose, I accept my loss recognizing that I have to work even harder. Nothing and nobody but myself is accountable for the result. Knowing that may leave no room for me to emotionally react to a loss.
So philosophical.

Conceited said:
Thought this was a pretty interesting answer from part 2 of Daigo's Q&A at Capcom Unity;

1) Daigo, When you lose in critical moments during a tournament. You always seem so calm about the result. But Honestly, what are you really thinking?

--Bryce

You know, if you win or lose on a lottery, you can simply feel lucky to win or feel disappointed with your loss. You don’t bare any responsibly in the outcome. But in a game, no matter what happens, win or lose, I am responsible for the result. So if I win after all the hard work, I validate all my efforts leading up to the tournament. And if I lose, I accept my loss recognizing that I have to work even harder. Nothing and nobody but myself is accountable for the result. Knowing that may leave no room for me to emotionally react to a loss.

He is Ryu's work ethic personified.

Natural

Corky said:
what the hell, yurop-gaf coming out of the woodworks where the heck have ya'll been all my life? :)'

Haha I've always been here (kinda).. Just haven't played anyone on here since getting bodied by Spirit of Jazz's Abel months ago! :(

I accepted your f/r so i'll be down for some games whenever with you and the rest of yurop-gaf!

Imm0rt4l

Yun-3.jpg

I need to rememeber this image/numbers next time I have to fight against a yang.

zlatko

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
Yuns can crossup whereas yangs can't . One of the opportunity costs for the latter so he may have a better divekick.

I'm pretty sure Yang can cross you up with his too if he times/angles it right. If not then this is a big pro tip for me since I've been doing dive kicks to people when I pinch them into a corner as Yang.

zlatko said:
I'm pretty sure Yang can cross you up with his too if he times/angles it right. If not then this is a big pro tip for me since I've been doing dive kicks to people when I pinch them into a corner as Yang.

I remember reading that Yang couldn't cross you up with the divekick... maybe the Daigo, mago, etc... interview a while back.

zlatko

Banned
KidA Seven said:
I remember reading that Yang couldn't cross you up with the divekick... maybe the Daigo, mago, etc... interview a while back.

Even on big characters in the corner? I'm seriously mind fucked because the times I try to get my dive kick to cross up with Yang has only been when I get someone in the corner, and I time it on their wake up. It might explain why I was eating so many wake up shoryus with him.

I know his jumping medium kick crosses up, but am I wrong in that it isn't as consistent as other characters with a jump mk cross up, because you have to properly space it more than others do ?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I usually don't even reply to people talking shit over XBL, but...some dude beat me while I was playing Yun in ranked and sent "next time pick a charcter that isn't broken u scrub." I say "k next time I'll pick Dan, how's that?" Then I beat him with Dan next time I play him after he did mad-random ultras each round. Then I send him "should've mashed that ultra a bit harder."

wVY2Q.jpg

edit: wait he just sent "like I was mashing your mom right." oh snap.

zlatko

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
I usually don't even reply to people talking shit over XBL, but...some dude beat me while I was playing Yun in ranked and sent "next time pick a charcter that isn't broken u scrub." I say "k next time I'll pick Dan, how's that?" Then I beat him with Dan next time I play him after he did mad-random ultras each round. Then I send him "should've mashed that ultra a bit harder."

wVY2Q.jpg

edit: wait he just sent "like I was mashing your mom right." oh snap.

128715755051000841.jpg

USD

Yang's dive kick can either hit cross-up straight up or hit front and land cross-up. I've definitely done it before while playing around with him.

Imm0rt4l

USD said:
Yang's dive kick can either hit cross-up straight up or hit front and land cross-up. I've definitely done it before while playing around with him.
you can definitely hit straight and land on the other side.

zlatko

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Seem to have run across a few good Yun's tonight. Definitely a tough ass match up for Rawg.

I thought Rog was one of the characters that had the least trouble with Yun like Gief? What makes it so hard for Rog?

zlatko said:
I thought Rog was one of the characters that had the least trouble with Yun like Gief? What makes it so hard for Rog?

Everything. Alot of their (twins) moves have priority over a majority of Rog's normals & specials. Rog's U2 was the only thing that was known to catch the twins from their dive kicks.

Rog's st.mp stuff their dive kicks damn well, but they have to attempt it at the high point of their jump. Low dive kicks can't be stuffed worth shit.

Edit: I need to develop some anti twin technology asap.

kirblar

I hope Blanka's troll costume ends up banned in tournaments. I actually can't watch the break winners finals, it's making my eyes hurt.

SmokeMaxX

kirblar said:
I hope Blanka's troll costume ends up banned in tournaments. I actually can't watch the break winners finals, it's making my eyes hurt.
I <3 Blanka
Smallest hitbox and a costume that takes up half the screen.

Neki

kirblar said:
blanka has the best troll costumes for some reason, not sure why.

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
Yep. Can't wait to go from getting "why you play Makoto she's a joke pick a real character" messages to "fucking tier whore using Makoto" ones.

Quoting what you said from before release. "Herp Derp" accusations are coming out the woodworks and in strong force.

Bu-bu-bu you can't jump in on Mak anymore

:(

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How is Oni supposedly not that great, I don't get it? No SRK FADC?

I NEVER USED THAT N00B TACTIC ANYWAY!

He's so damn powerful. He's does 400hp combos off 1 meter with zero difficulty. His ultras and supers are multi-use. As far as I can tell he has the most powerful naked ultra in the game. His normals are okay outside of his shitty ass sweep. He has lots of options.

HE HAS BLUE ENERGY EMANATING FROM HIS BUTTHOLE.

Satyamdas

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
Hows the online connectivity so far? Was hearing early on it wasn't running so hot.
Something is up with it, I don't care what anyone says. All you need to do is go to the Replay Mode or Leaderboards and scroll down. It is choppy and laggy as fuck, reloading constantly, whereas in Super it just scrolled down smooth as butter. Some shit got fucked up in there somehow.

Also the game is dropping a ton more inputs than it did in Super. I am getting real tired of being full screen, double-tapping fierce punch, and seeing Sim just standing there doing nothing. I can deal with sluggishness, lag spikes, and all that shit, but dropped inputs make me rage like crazy. :mad:

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:
Quoting what you said from before release. "Herp Derp" accusations are coming out the woodworks and in strong force.

Bu-bu-bu you can't jump in on Mak anymore

:(

Yeah I think I've already gotten more angry messages about her than I did in the whole year I played Super.

Satyamdas said:
Something is up with it, I don't care what anyone says. All you need to do is go to the Replay Mode or Leaderboards and scroll down. It is choppy and laggy as fuck, reloading constantly, whereas in Super it just scrolled down smooth as butter. Some shit got fucked up in there somehow.

Also the game is dropping a ton more inputs than it did in Super. I am getting real tired of being full screen, double-tapping fierce punch, and seeing Sim just standing there doing nothing. I can deal with sluggishness, lag spikes, and all that shit, but dropped inputs make me rage like crazy. :mad:

Maybe it's just my imagination but it seemed better today than it was over the weekend.

Then again, I played nothing but Yun today and the execution bar isn't exactly high with him.

Nose Master

Satyamdas said:

This has been happening to me a lot since AE, too. Thought it was my stick... :(

zlatko

Banned
Nose Master said:
This has been happening to me a lot since AE, too. Thought it was my stick... :(

I've been getting consistently shittier online connections. I generally host my own, and let it rock. In Super a laggy game was like 1 out of 15-20 matches, but now it's 1/5. I tried searching for my own, but it just takes forever no matter what specifications I set. I tried going through arcade mode matching to see if you get more consistent connections like in Super, but I found 2 laggy games pretty damn quick.

I bet all the money in the world though we won't see a patch for this. :/

Edit: Figured out the secret to that SRK Live stream on Best quality---it's playing at double the normal speed of the actual game which is why I thought my TV had input lag. :p

black_vegeta said:
Seem to have run across a few good Yun's tonight. Definitely a tough ass match up for Rawg.
Yeah, Yun is much worse than Yang. Yesterday I played against a guy who mained Rose and he was pretty good with her. Matches were close but I ended up winning most of them. Then he switched to his 1-week Yun and I lost 3 in a row. I managed to get to even numbers in the end, but still he is such a safe and overpowered character.

K.Sabot

Hey guys, feel free to add Stuffed Tiger on XBL if you want to fight a very bad and basic makoto. People who absolutely rape me are preferred.

DRE Fei

Yun is fun as hell to use, but this game is gonna get boring real quick if they don't nerf these guys. Why would you give a command grab to these dive kick characthers? I don't care if they had it in 3rd strike. This is a different game. Remove that shit.

Ono is the biggest troll in the industry. He sure knows how to get a reaction from the community with his crazy explanation for the twins. Super was fairly balanced for a SF game, but they've lost all of that with AE.

V_Arnold

DRE Fei said:
Yun is fun as hell to use, but this game is gonna get boring real quick if they don't nerf these guys. Why would you give a command grab to these dive kick characthers? I don't care if they had it in 3rd strike. This is a different game. Remove that shit.

Ono is the biggest troll in the industry. He sure knows how to get a reaction from the community with his crazy explanation for the twins. Super was fairly balanced for a SF game, but they've lost all of that with AE.

Two very, very strong characters wont make the game broken like MVC3 :)

DRE Fei

V_Arnold said:
Two very, very strong characters wont make the game broken like MVC3 :)
OK, well you have a very positive attitude. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I have a feeling japan already has this game figured out and we're just late to the party though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Ichabod said:
Awesome! I need to try that out. Is that reg kara or kara kara?

daaamn that looks sick, wtf at that range. Has to be kara kara. It has to be.

vixlar

Ok, one thing I loved about SF4 Vanilla was its netcode. I remember I had very few lag fights. Most of them were as if I was playing locally. On Super I felt a little lag, but it was not a great deal. Now you're telling me that lag is worse. Why are they downgrading its netcode quality?

hertog

I'm loving the new Blanka. Seems like lp. elec. comes out even faster and the new Ex-rainbowroll is just great for shenanigans. And his slode has become a lot faster, he can rush-down with the best of them now.

He's just an anti-yung/yang machine :)

vixlar said:
Ok, one thing I loved about SF4 Vanilla was its netcode. I remember I had very few lag fights. Most of them were as if I was playing locally. On Super I felt a little lag, but it was not a great deal. Now you're telling me that lag is worse. Why are they downgrading its netcode quality?
Maybe it's all in your head. Fewer people playing each subsequent version might mean fewer opportunities for a good connection.

Shito

Corky said:
daaamn that looks sick, wtf at that range. Has to be kara kara. It has to be.
Technically it's not really a kara kara, since you're not cancelling the start-up frames of the s.LK, but the active frames.
It's more of a cancel that acts like a kara does, but I guess everyone will call it a kara kara either way. ^^

V_Arnold

In Yurope, the connections are simply wonderful. I have yet to meet a laggy opponent and I basically accept everything, and only get good connections.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Shito said:
Technically it's not really a kara kara, since you're not cancelling the start-up frames of the s.LK, but the active frames.
It's more of a cancel that acts like a kara does, but I guess everyone will call it a kara kara either way. ^^

This is great news, kara kara was one of the few things I could not do at ALL with makoto on a pad, this seems alot easier.

Ichabod

Banned
I had no idea about the new s.Lk cancel. I mean I'd heard about it, but I figured it just meant it was easier to cancel from s.Lk to kara. I've still been doing kara kara the old way and was kinda disappointed it was still so hard to do, so finding out about the new kara kara has me all giddy to get home and test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom