• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Invisible_Insane said:
I think you mean:
LP SPD <--- _________________________________________________Trolololol
:p Spot on!

Any footage of Vangief rocking AE?

XenoRaven

Fersis said:
:p Spot on!

Any footage of Vangief rocking AE?
Yes and it's sad. Since EX Green Hand doesn't knock down anymore he can't get into his mixups. It might have just been me, but he looked frustrated to me when he was playing at Revelations.

I got super salty yesterday playing some TT mashing Hawk. After he barely beat me by mashing U1, he had the nerve to send me a message talking shit. >:[

black_vegeta said:
I got super salty yesterday playing some TT mashing Hawk. After he barely beat me by mashing U1, he had the nerve to send me a message talking shit. >:[
Responses:

"Churn baby churn"
"mashturbate more"
"In the words of the legendary Les Grossman, take two steps back and literally fuck your own face."

Kunohara

Invisible_Insane said:
Responses:

"Churn baby churn"
"mashturbate more"
"In the words of the legendary Les Grossman, take two steps back and literally fuck your own face."

Oh god. Mashturbate more is fucking brilliant. Too bad I'm the one usually mashing :(

I've been tempted to go back to this, and get AE, but goddamn I just suck at this game. Playing online is fun, but whenever I see peeps doing these combos, I just really want to do that, but I have the dexterity of a moose. I still cannot do a DP FADC Ultra with Ryu. I've been doing his trials, and I'm stuck on that one. FADC seems to be a core move to do, but I just cannot fucking do it. I can't seem to do the dash, and input the ultra fast enough. I always fumble.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
Do you remember the name of that Guy player, Imm0rt4l?
Yea, its beehol. He's GDLK, I might up some videos of him beasting on me. In the last few matches I dropped lots of combossoap.

"The soap dropped n****, we don't. Waste no muhfuckin soap round here, you aint even clean behind your ears."

Did capcom make changes to the hcf inputs,making it less lenient in AE?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Dudley's air elbow attack is stronger now right? Got surprised a few times fighting a Dudley later.

Also had an amazing fight with Shine, thanks for picking Gouken if you read this =P

Relix said:
Dudley's air elbow attack is stronger now right? Got surprised a few times fighting a Dudley later.

Also had an amazing fight with Shine, thanks for picking Gouken if you read this =P
I know it's a hard knockdown now, I'm not sure if that applies to both grounded and airborne opponents.

Relix said:

It causes a hard knockdown now I believe.

edi: beaten :(

cackhyena

Kunohara said:
Oh god. Mashturbate more is fucking brilliant. Too bad I'm the one usually mashing :(

I've been tempted to go back to this, and get AE, but goddamn I just suck at this game. Playing online is fun, but whenever I see peeps doing these combos, I just really want to do that, but I have the dexterity of a moose. I still cannot do a DP FADC Ultra with Ryu. I've been doing his trials, and I'm stuck on that one. FADC seems to be a core move to do, but I just cannot fucking do it. I can't seem to do the dash, and input the ultra fast enough. I always fumble.
If you keep at it long enough, it literally becomes second nature. I'd wager you're just thinking about each step too much. Just practice the first two parts in training. DP to FADC from one side of the screen to the next, over and over. Until you get that part down, don't even bother with Ultra.

black_vegeta said:

the other night....I destroyed this guy's shitty Yun 9-0. Then he picked his main, T Hawk, trashed him twice, then left.

then he called me a pussy

lol

I hate mashing T.Hawks....fuckin annoying....hate hate hate. I hate command grab characters.

cHaotix8

Dudley's Business Elbow only knocks down air to air.

Solune said:
So I checked SRK to see what kind of frame data I could get on AE Cammy but didn't find anything what I was experimenting. Any Cammy players find linking after HK SA FADC easier? It seems like it has more frame advantage but I don't have any proof.

Pretty sure it's one frame. Some characters you can get cr. Jab > cr. Fierce > Far Fierce xx Spiral Arrow on afterwords for shweet damage/stun.

Kunohara

cackhyena said:
If you keep at it long enough, it literally becomes second nature. I'd wager you're just thinking about each step too much. Just practice the first two parts in training. DP to FADC from one side of the screen to the next, over and over. Until you get that part down, don't even bother with Ultra.

That's what I've been doing. Just DP FADC over and over. I then just do DP FADC and the dash, and that comes out sometimes. But trying to do the ultra at the end, and nothing. For some reason, I keep thinking that I have to do it right this fucking second or else. It just seems that when the guy is in the air after the DP, for some reason, it doesn't seem high enough to have the time to input the move.

I'm still getting used to my stick it seems.

Imm0rt4l

Relix said:

yea its a hard knockdown now, great for more starting up some oki. Goukens j. rh and nj, fierce also knockdown. airborne opponents.

Solune

cHaotix8 said:
Pretty sure it's one frame. Some characters you can get cr. Jab > cr. Fierce > Far Fierce xx Spiral Arrow on afterwords for shweet damage/stun.
Ah so it maybe it hasn't changed and it's just me, I thought it would make sense since they nerfed her Fierce damage all around except for cr.FP.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Imm0rt4l said:
yea its a hard knockdown now, great for more starting up some oki. Goukens j. rh and nj, fierce also knockdown. airborne opponents.

Yeah the hard knockdown thing surprised me. I used to AA it with Chun's sweep but got crushed a few times. Also Gouken has some new combos right? I swear I was strong punched in the air and then a short tatsumaki and it hit me. Don't know if that happened before... and is it me or does he recover faster from fireballs?

Imm0rt4l

poongko playing a little oni

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pcdXH-cwTY&feature=feedu

Relix said:
Yeah the hard knockdown thing surprised me. I used to AA it with Chun's sweep but got crushed a few times. Also Gouken has some new combos right? I swear I was strong punched in the air and then a short tatsumaki and it hit me. Don't know if that happened before... and is it me or does he recover faster from fireballs?

Yep jumping strong cancels into tatsu now, his st. close strong also got a frame faster or so so he can combo that into cr. fierce..

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
corkyyyy online! im playing now!

:( my gold ran out today I'm waiting for that " 2 months for 2$" offer to pop up so I can get cracking.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Corky said:
:( my gold ran out today I'm waiting for that " 2 months for 2$" offer to pop up so I can get cracking.
Hey man, I was just about to dig out my final 48hr trial tonight (as I'm going abroad on Sunday). If I happen to find another you're more than welcome to it.

Would be ace to have a little GAF mashup before I fly :)

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Looks like Shinakuma's Youtube channel might be done;

ShinAkuma said:
I'm sorry to say, Best Buy called today to tell me that the manufacturer said that my laptop has water damage [which I think is bullshit, because I've never spilled anything on it] which is not covered under the guarantee, so it will cost more than the laptop itself to fix it, I was still paying it off, so I definitely don't have the means to fix it, so this is most likely the last video on my channel... The laptop I rented to continue uploading while my laptop was being repaired, is so slow, that making these videos has become an all day project, which has made this unbearable, I'm returning it today... So, barring any miracles, lol, this is my final video, I wanted to say that I've appreciated all the views, all the comments, all the compliments, everything. It's a huge compliment to be called the best SSF4 channel on youtube, while I don't really agree with that compliment, but it's awesome that so many people think that. So, once again, thanks for everything, and make sure to check out all the player playlists for a ridiculous amount of past matches.

:(

Imm0rt4l

1222662716303.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gen's the only character I can think of that does close to that much damage by using both his meters, but maybe I'm wrong. And that's with the ultra that just does white damage.

edit: yo, that sucks about Shin Akuma's laptop. The community should start a donation drive or something so he can get a new one.

DRE Fei

Here's a recent street fighter x tekken interview with Seth Killian, where they go off on an AE tangent. The "top dogs" reference makes me wonder what the hell Ono was thinking:
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1415/street-fighter-x-tekken-developer-interview?o=0#listing
So what would it take to change top tier characters? In Marvel vs Capcom 3, Sentinel had a pretty big nerf to his health, so what does it take for Capcom to consider stepping in?

Well there’s different teams also, right? There’s no universal Capcom philosophy. I think I’m the one thing in common between those two projects. Everybody else is 100% different. It’s really just a judgement call, in some ways. Right now, Ono-san’s marching orders were having big bad guys and top dogs… he worked very hard on Super and maybe he’s right, it’s up to people to judge, maybe we ended up making it into too perfect of a sphere where everybody’s really good and where everyone had equally effective techniques.

My impression is most players will publicly like that. But there is something satisfying about taking down the top guy or finding strategies specific to them. Also competitively, it helps to know you’re fighting a lot against this guy, so you can find some strategies that work against him.

Match-ups being what they are, the stronger player still wins and I think that accounts for vastly more than any rankings chart although nobody likes that answer because it puts the impetus back on you, right? [laughs] That changes it from Capcom’s fault to your fault. Obviously, everyone wants it to be Capcom’s fault. Capcom wants it to be your fault. The truth lies somewhere inbetween.

We’ll see. There could be more in the future for whatever… there will be more in the future for Street Fighter. Whether that ends up being changes to Arcade Edition, we’ll see. Watching some of the recent Nagoya Street Battle and other Japanese competitions over there, I’m seeing a lot of character variety, even though Yun and Yang are well represented and very strong.

ShinAkuma will probably put a "donate" button up on his YT page here soon.

I will donate.

Edit:

ShinAkuma said:
I really really appreciate all the support and comments, if you really think that a donate button would help, I'm about to leave for work in five minutes, but if&#65279; you could message me on how to set that up, I'll read the messages when I get back [Because I have no idea how to set that up with the little button and everything. lol]... Thanks again. :)

Dartastic

^^^^ This is beautiful. =D

Just beat the 6th ranked Yang, Ikeikeikeikeike with my Makoto. He had 6142 BP. FEELS GOOD MAN. 125 PP be MIEN. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom