• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Master

I could google this, but I won't:

How do you get the oni/e.ryu fights? I assumed they just replaced gouken/akuma, and then I got akuma at the end of arcade. Do they have special conditions, or is it just hardest onry?

BitchTits

Is anyone else waiting for the disc release of AE?

Since my 360 died I bought a PS3, but since physical release of AE is only a week away, thought I'd wait for that. No doubt I'll get absolutely trashed when I go online since most players have had a few weeks practice with the new stuff, but what else is new!

sca2511

Have any of you joined a tournament even though you deem yourself to be a sucky/average player?

I remember joining some local tournament back during vanilla sf4 and losing my first match to a Sakura and her c.FP every jump in. I was so damn nervous and it was my first time playing out in the public... I just kept jumping in :\ My GF always pushes me to join some tournament when we go to an anime convention, but that experience makes me feel like I'll just be embarrassing myself again.

Morris

Disco Devil
Chavelo said:
Thing is, it will only work for the original SFIV cast, unless I can get my hands on some scans or high res title pics for the Super/AE cast. :-/

Will begin the pack tomorrow, tho. :D

Where are you making the templates from? Vanilla PC? 'cause I want my Dudley title :c

Edit: nvm just read your other posts. In that case, we'll have to wait until AE PC drops for the other titles. I like them, they could make a nice looking OP for the Ranbats.

for anyone that plays ken:

Yun-3.jpg

USD

Solid_Rain said:
I believe thats very much dependant on the dive kick, every dive kick that hits below the waist is perfectly safe.
Well yeah, the picture is just showing that at that particular height, Yun's dive kick is punishable with LP (or HP) Shoryu.

That pic was posted somewhere earlier in the thread though.

rivals

sca2511 said:
Have any of you joined a tournament even though you deem yourself to be a sucky/average player?

I remember joining some local tournament back during vanilla sf4 and losing my first match to a Sakura and her c.FP every jump in. I was so damn nervous and it was my first time playing out in the public... I just kept jumping in :\ My GF always pushes me to join some tournament when we go to an anime convention, but that experience makes me feel like I'll just be embarrassing myself again.

I started entering tournaments after only playing for a month. I've been playing again for ~3 months now and I'm entering another this weekend. Seriously just suck it up and do it. You are never too bad to enter a tournament/play offline. It's nerve wracking at first (I definitely still get nervous) but it's completely worth it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
uuuugh, I hate having a single 360 just for AE, now my brother stole it for some CoD lan. I want the pc version already. July 5th is like an enternity away.

Also any news on whether or not the pc version is using ggpo? That was just a cruel joke wasn't it? :(]

Corky said:
uuuugh, I hate having a single 360 just for AE, now my brother stole it for some CoD lan. I want the pc version already. July 5th is like an enternity away.

Also any news on whether or not the pc version is using ggpo? That was just a cruel joke wasn't it? :(]
Hah. Good one.

Corky said:

Why would they do something smart like that?

Corky

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Corky, are you on steam?

Yeah man, my totally original steamid is : corkygaf

Rocky_Balboa said:
Why would they do something smart like that?

A man can dream can't he? *tries harder to become a billionaire*

cackhyena

I thought it hit the entire lower half of the screen, or most of it. I guess I haven't seen too many scenarios where a character's Ultra went head to head with Seth's, though.

J10

Banned
A month in with this arcade stick and I seem to be getting worse with it. All I've done is drop two thirds of my player points to players I have no business losing to.

This is tougher than I had anticipated. I just can't move the stick or get to the buttons fast enough.

Chavelo

So, apparently there's a way to rip the titles from Super on the Xbox 360. Will need to borrow my friend's game to try it out. :D

Akuma, when are you planning to create the OT/start the ranbats? ALSO, thank you again for running it. :)

On SF topic: James "Mr. Victor Font" Chen Dubstep Remix (Feat. Gootecks) - http://youtu.be/0q_sybyLgNM

Surprisingly, a GOOD dubstep song. :D

J10 said:
A month in with this arcade stick and I seem to be getting worse with it. All I've done is drop two thirds of my player points to players I have no business losing to.

This is tougher than I had anticipated. I just can't move the stick or get to the buttons fast enough.

What kind of stick do you have? And do you only play online? Maybe you're just still getting used to it. And the BP/PP drop is nothing to be ashamed of.

Corky

Chavelo said:
So, apparently there's a way to rip the titles from Super on the Xbox 360. Will need to borrow my friend's game to try it out. :D

Akuma, when are you planning to create the OT/start the ranbats? ALSO, thank you again for running it. :D

On SF topic: James "Mr. Victor Font" Chen Dubstep Remix (Feat. Gootecks) - http://youtu.be/0q_sybyLgNM

Surprisingly, a GOOD dubstep song. D:

holy shit , hahaha this is great xD

J10

Banned
Chavelo said:
What kind of stick do you have? And do you only play online? Maybe you're just still getting used to it. And the BP/PP drop is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hori EX2. I play online. I use one character exclusively, so it's not like I'm all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom