• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
I just finished reading some of the stuff about PSN being ass and Xbox Live being so much better in the last 2 pages. Is it really that bad? I know PC felt much superior to PSN when it came to vanilla, but SSF4 PS3 doesn't seem that bad at all to me. But I will find out for myself early next year. All the local guys play on Xbox and they've been wanting me to get one to so we can train together online because we can't always get together. I said I'll do it when I get my income tax check next year. With all the smack talking, I'd like to see how much better things are for myself.
It's only "bad" if you play both. If you only have PSN you wont notice and will most likely be fine with it. But XBL runs much smoother and establishing connections to opponents are noticeably faster. It's been this way since Vanilla. I have and play both.

zlatko

Banned
STG said:
any good Gen AE videos online?
I am sick of yun already :/

ssf4ae-1.jpg
SLAP

ssf4ae-1.jpg
THE

ssf4ae-1.jpg
CONDOM

ssf4ae-1.jpg
ON!

You'll be seeing him more than anyone because he is gdlk. :D

simtmb

KS Seven X said:
Everytime I read comments on Eventscrubs, SRK, and youtube I see people saying Ibuki is cheap and is an easy mode character...

The fuck?

=/ Yeah it's baffling.

Likely from Ryu mainers :lol

God's Beard said:
Well I mean that you can't really link normals.

Never thought I'd see the day I'd be doing this but here's a 3s link :lol :lol

9 minutes of links in 3s

Also for really common stuff, it's not a normal link but for ken linking SA3 off cr. mp and st. mp was a staple of his game, and Yang used close st. mp -> st. lk link to hit confirm into ex rekkas

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Weird, that video shows Chun doing close st.roundhouse linked with SA2... I'm 90% sure that didn't work with the 3s version I'm using :/

zlatko said:
ssf4ae-1.jpg
SLAP

ssf4ae-1.jpg
THE

ssf4ae-1.jpg
CONDOM

ssf4ae-1.jpg
ON!

You'll be seeing him more than anyone because he is gdlk. :D
:lol I'm playing the Chinese import of Final Fantasy XIII (Japanese dub, English subs) and Snow also says this often as a victory quote.

LakeEarth

Yoshichan said:
Weird, that video shows Chun doing close st.roundhouse linked with SA2... I'm 90% sure that didn't work with the 3s version I'm using :/
Superjump cancel between the two moves and it works.

I completely forgot about the bullshit that was hitting Dudley with a super while he's knocked down. Luckily you could just quickstand out of it.

Morro! said:
Saw this on iplaywinner

Best Moments of Korean Players aka Saty being put on blast by a korean juri :lol
Those Abel EX CoD armor cancels were sick. I just don't see the advantage to EX CoD quick cancel into EX tornado throw, wouldn't the EX TT be invulnerable to the hit anyways? Probably adds range or something.

Satyamdas said:
:lol

Yo ugh, I remember this. We played like 5 in a row in ranked that night. There were even worse blowups than that, but that was the only recorded match. And of course the only match I won was the one after that.

WeirdoNeo is in Alaska, I'm in SoCal. The connection is yellow bar and shitty, but I can't even blame the lag. I'd get bodied if we were playing local. Dude really leveled up though, I remember when Super first came out I beat him a ton of times. :(

And poor ACQUA getting trolled by Honda Buttslams! D:

don't feel too bad, sako, acqua, and mago got blown up in the same video too :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LakeEarth said:
Superjump cancel between the two moves and it works.
Of course :lol Just tried it out, it works great.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
_dementia said:
It's my birthday today.

If anyone want's to give me a birthday beatdown I'll be on GAFchat after work.
Happy birthday, dementia! Looking forward to another year of you dropping that arcade stick knowledge. :D

DR2K

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
It's only "bad" if you play both. If you only have PSN you wont notice and will most likely be fine with it. But XBL runs much smoother and establishing connections to opponents are noticeably faster. It's been this way since Vanilla. I have and play both.

I've played both and I'll vouch for the connectivity between players being shit on PSN, but netcode is dead on the same for me. At least I didn't notice anything significant between shifting over from XBL to PSN SSFIV.

dragonballjoseph said:
Dem live points. :D

Also, here's the recorded stream of the tourney I went to Saturday. Placed second (about 18 entrants): http://www.justin.tv/funkyp/b/275941703
Opens with me fighting a fei after I lost the first game using Bison.
My winner's finals match is 43 minutes in. And my GF match is 1 hour and 15 minutes in.

We were both doing some dumb stuff during the finals. Fun overall. :D

Good stuff Joseph. At the last set there, he caught you jumping in a number of times.

Also, Happy Birthday Dementia!

FindMyFarms said:
Never thought I'd see the day I'd be doing this but here's a 3s link :lol :lol

9 minutes of links in 3s

Also for really common stuff, it's not a normal link but for ken linking SA3 off cr. mp and st. mp was a staple of his game, and Yang used close st. mp -> st. lk link to hit confirm into ex rekkas

No, I mean NORMAL links. As in, linking NORMALS together. Only Makoto, Yun and Ryu did that in the video you posted. Of course everybody can link specials and supers off of normals.

I'm talking about SSF4 Dudley's jab, strong, jab, fierce link and stuff like that. Even Ryu's were special cases like his forward fierce and overhead, so really only Yun and Makoto were SSF4-style links with the Strong, Strongs and such.

I didn't know Remy could combo cLK off of universal overhead, that's pretty sweet.

God's Beard said:
No, I mean NORMAL links. As in, linking NORMALS together. Only Makoto, Yun and Ryu did that in the video you posted. Of course everybody can link specials and supers off of normals.

I'm talking about SSF4 Dudley's jab, strong, jab, fierce link and stuff like that. Even Ryu's were special cases like his forward fierce and overhead, so really only Yun and Makoto were SSF4-style links with the Strong, Strongs and such.

I didn't know Remy could combo cLK off of universal overhead, that's pretty sweet.

Ahh ok, well yang close st. mp -> st. lk is probably the most common used one then i guess(hit confirm to ex rekkas), it feels almost exactly like fei close st. mp -> cr. lp in sf4

AND HAPPY BDAY DEMENTIA

Man, I just played Garou for the first time today in about a decade. Was that the first game with universal overheads?

~Devil Trigger~ said:
can Yun FADC out of Dragon kicks?

Im seeing alot of Yang FADC out of Roll kicks but no Yuns

Yun gets invincibility, Yang gets FADC

FindMyFarms said:
Ahh ok, well yang close st. mp -> st. lk is probably the most common used one then i guess(hit confirm to ex rekkas), it feels almost exactly like fei close st. mp -> cr. lp in sf4

Yeah, Fei's clMP is really useful. Combos into sweep, rekkas, chicken wing on certain characters...

But man, do I miss Twelve. He's my boy. MK SJC SC2 for life! He's such a good character, just being held down by the parry system. He'd be god in SF4. Fake instant airdash roundhouse, throw, overhead into super, clMK SJC bullshit mixups

They should put Twelve, Q and Urien in Street Fighter vs Tekken.

PhatSaqs said:

Yeah I know I've run into you a couple times in ranked, lost both but at least I got a couple of rounds both times. As far as establishing connections, I'll agree with you there, PSN sucks at that. When it comes to handling lag, I think it works fine as long as you stay within your region which is what I've done. Leaving your region is where PSN gets ugly for me. That's what I missed about vanilla PC. I played tons of 2 bar matches against Europeans that seemed like 3-4 bar PSN matches. Oh wellz, see you guys on Live next year. Can't wait to see what that's like.

LakeEarth

I had such an annoying set of games last night. T. Hawks, Guiles and Blankas all day long. I also got a "suck my dick" message from a Ryu player who jump back 90% of the time.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DR2K said:
I knew it was that thread before I clicked it. :lol

Although I don't exactly understand her CS nerfs, given that Rufus and the twins can go to town on dive kicks.

I don't think anybody knows for sure what went through their heads when they decided to make some of the changes they made, but I assume with Cammy a lot of it was a character identity thing. Not that I necessarily agree with changing a character because of that, like they did with vanilla Gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom