• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
gutabo said:
Hi guys! I'm kinda trying to keep up with AE but real life issues are keeping me away from it... anyway I'm trying to get some of the stuff I was working on last year online, it will hopefully help some people... I have a question, is SRK down at the moment?

Big hug to everyone that remembers me!
Hey good timing. welcome back. round 2 of the ranbats is about to start taking signups :)

Rocky_Balboa said:
It is the damage you take when you absorb an attack with a Focus Attack. Grey damage will heal unless you'll get hit.
Ah, didn't know it had an actual term, I always called it "the gamble" lol. Thanks!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Heavy's: BP is the character-specific one.

Cheers for the shopto heads-up, they are usually pretty cheap and quick. However seeing as I'm moving abroad this weekend, I'll have to rely on Steam (or the arcades) for my AE fix ;)

In the meantime, I'll jump on XBL inbetween packing stints and see if I can get a few matches with the likes of you, Corky and Rocky.

Invisible_Insane said:
That guy never saw a tanden engine he didn't like. Also WTF after that TAP?
You mean the TAP after the ultra? Against some characters TAP clitches under them and crosses to the other side like that. Gief is one of those characters and whenever that happens against him, I TAP myself in the face.

Rocwell

jdub03 said:
Got any tips against bison in the corner.
when bison is doing his corner pressure like the scissor kick, lk xx scissor kick, some characters have kicks that can make the lk whiff and throw off their timing. Ryu can do this with his s. lk as shown here in the crosscounter air guide to Ryu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcMVI-7cn04#t=49m30s

Makoto can use her s. hk and maybe outright beat the cr. lk, I don't know about Ibuki but her s. lk might be able to work similarly. Try s. lk xx s. mk xx spin kicks

:Edit:

Need a gif of marn's face in this video STAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHtLhupiVEc

Grifter said:
Sorry for noob questions but how much health does Oni and Evil have?

And why are there 4 numbers by your name online now?

E. Ryu has 850 and Oni has 900 I think. Not sure about Oni.

The numbers are your PP, BP and ranking for those. You can turn them off from the options.

Ken

If I have an account with SSFIV on Games on Demand, and I have another account on the same console with AE, will I be able to play AE at all on that console?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Crazy shit at an NC tourney today. In the AE bracket, the following happened:

I beat a Dhalsim player.
Lost to an Akuma.
Beat a Yun.
Beat an Evil Ryu.
Won a match against an Oni.
Got blown up by the power company.
Beat the Oni on the last remaining setup.
Got my money back from the cancelled bracket.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah rbrogue blew me up like 10 games straight last night. No idea how to escape Yun pressure when the Yun knows what they're doing. It's like some MK infinite block string Kabal shit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Told ya Rb's Yun is the only one worth the rep. Haven't fought any other Yuns worth mentioning and there have been many.

kirblar

I really want to learn Gen now. Any tips on starting out with him? I feel like I should try to learn 1 stance before swapping over to the other, and treat them like Zelda/Sheik at first.

put focus on your two extra buttons. every time they attack, plink focus into kkk/ppp then cancel the stance change into crane cLK, then link into mantis super, then crane ultra 1.

pretty much a flowchart character.

def sim

Ken said:
If I have an account with SSFIV on Games on Demand, and I have another account on the same console with AE, will I be able to play AE at all on that console?

Try it out with just the SSFIV account. Any DLC will usually load from the HDD as long as it's tied to the console.

Otherwise you will have to log in both accounts and play Super to see if the AE DLC still triggers.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Rocwell said:
Makoto can use her s. hk and maybe outright beat the cr. lk, I don't know about Ibuki but her s. lk might be able to work similarly. Try s. lk xx s. mk xx spin kicks

I'm realizing lately how good a poke her s.hk is in certain matches. It's really good against Chun too.

kirblar

God's Beard said:
put focus on your two extra buttons. every time they attack, plink focus into kkk/ppp then cancel the stance change into crane cLK, then link into mantis super, then crane ultra 1.

pretty much a flowchart character.
I think I'll stick to trying to U2 people at first. :)

Hitokage said:

I beat a Dhalsim player.
Lost to an Akuma.
Beat a Yun.
Beat an Evil Ryu.
power company seems like a bad matchup

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Anybody else not able to connect to people they had no problems connecting to in Super? Lots of people give me "unable to connect" messages now.

Pookmunki

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Got my stick, downloaded AE, I'm ready to go.

Gamertag: efeman

Based in England, hit me up.

Will add you tonight, it's difficult to be SF-GAF if based anywhere other than US.

Still need to get some games in with SpiritofJazz at some point too

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
When blocking certain crossups shenanigans, like ibukis kunai or akumas lp hado in air :

Do you have to quickly switch block direction after the first blocked kunai/fireball will the game "keep blocking for you"?

mbmonk

Hitokage said:

I beat a Dhalsim player.
Lost to an Akuma.
Beat a Yun.
Beat an Evil Ryu.

If you don't mind me asking where was this tournament located? Was it near Charlotte by chance?

kirblar

Corky said:
When blocking certain crossups shenanigans, like ibukis kunai or akumas lp hado in air :

Do you have to quickly switch block direction after the first blocked kunai/fireball will the game "keep blocking for you"?
If you have to change directions during the block, I believe you have to change directions before the blockstun from the last block going the original, pre-crossup way wears off. I could be wrong here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom