• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
rbrogue said:
i would tell him that if he would stop ducking my friend request. I think he's just afraid, honestly.

even lost fragment isn't in as hardcore denial as jlai

Hmm, sorry. If your GT is the same as your GAF name, dunno how I missed it. But if not, I usually ignore random friend requests unless I know who the person is.

edit: waitthereitis

Playing online for the first time and this shit is stupid boring. Everyone below like 5k BP either plays a shoto and mashes uppercut like there is no tomorrow, and everyone else plays a braindead Cammy. I guess I'm just expecting too much of people.

FromTheFuture said:
Playing online for the first time and this shit is stupid boring. Everyone below like 5k BP either plays a shoto and mashes uppercut like there is no tomorrow, and everyone else plays a braindead Cammy. I guess I'm just expecting too much of people.
play against GAF people (except me, I'm like the people you described)

eissan

Kadey said:
A LOL moment.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/288265536

Kuma almost breaking the win streak but lost to random Gen, so close.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/288265230

Oh. By the way. Ranbats will run for a while and top so and so will determine who will be captains for the up and coming AE Team Tournament.

I think I need to win another tourney :) the scrub tourney had great candy and I need MOAR!! :D (PS: thanks again kadey :) )

cackhyena said:
Yeah, BP determines who's good and who's not.....

when I play lower bp peeps the first round all I do is jump in to see how they react, if they dont AA me I mess around for the rest of the fight, if they do AA me though I play serious...

FromTheFuture said:

Braindead Cammy lol.

Professor Beef said:
It's what you implied.
I never directly said anything of the sort. I never said everyone below a certain BP sucked or lacked skill - you're just assuming things. Doesn't mean I implied anything, that's all on you.

black_vegeta said:
Braindead Cammy lol.
Wasn't trying to say that Cammy herself is braindead, but rather the players are.

cackhyena

FromTheFuture said:
Yeah... cause that's what I said. Learn how to read?
Uh, you made a generalization of people below a certain number of BP as to their ability to play the game. My point it is there's plenty of people who don't give a shit about BP or PP and play well, regardless. Maybe give it a bit more time. I'm sure you'll find your equal pretty quickly.

cackhyena said:
Uh, you made a generalization of people below a certain number of BP as to their ability to play the game. My point it is there's plenty of people who don't give a shit about BP or PP and play well, regardless. Maybe give it a bit more time. I'm sure you'll find your equal pretty quickly.
It was a generalized observation, sure, but by no means am I shoehorning everyone with an arbitrary number into categories based on skill. By the logic that you have assumed I have taken, everyone, even professional players, who are below a set BP only mash uppercut until they reach a certain number. At which point, after they have reached 5k BP (honestly I pulled a random number out of my ass - nothing scientific about it) they can stop mashing uppercut. Never have I ever said anything remotely close to that, and I don't know where you are pulling that out from.

But I guess you're just able to read my mind, right? Did you also read the part where I think that up until to a high skill level, mashing uppercut online is actually quite a viable strategy online? Especially with a poor connection, it can be difficult to either react to what someone else is doing or time your own moves accordingly.

I'm still playing - don't worry - but I can't help but feel like acquiring enough BP to face players who are either new or just don't care is simply nothing more than a grind. It's no different from having to grind in say, an RPG. And I find that boring, which is all I said about the subject in the first place.

cackhyena

FromTheFuture said:
I'm still playing - don't worry - but I can't help but feel like acquiring enough BP to face players who are either new or just don't care is simply nothing more than a grind. It's no different from having to grind in say, an RPG. And I find that boring, which is all I said about the subject in the first place.
I'll ignore your rambling and refusal to admit you said something dumb and focus on this bit.

If you want to have a quality experience with online, maybe play around in Gaf lobbies and find players that don't mash buttons. Like I said, ignore numbers, guy. Find people who play well, friend them and have a good time with it. Treating it seriously is the wrong way to go about it. Online, I mean.

J10 said:
A month in with this arcade stick and I seem to be getting worse with it. All I've done is drop two thirds of my player points to players I have no business losing to.

This is tougher than I had anticipated. I just can't move the stick or get to the buttons fast enough.
It took me a few months to get used to mines. You just gotta find the best way for you to hold the stick..After awhile you will get it.

cackhyena said:
I'll ignore your rambling and refusal to admit you said something dumb and focus on this bit.

If you want to have a quality experience with online, maybe play around in Gaf lobbies and find players that don't mash buttons. Like I said, ignore numbers, guy. Find people who play well, friend them and have a good time with it. Treating it seriously is the wrong way to go about it. Online, I mean.

Gathering a higher number amount is fun and all, but it shouldn't be about that.

Play the person, not their numbers.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
To Corky, Heavy's Sandvich and anyone else (especially Euros) planning to get AE on Steam, mind if I add you guys? It'd be cool to have some sparring buds straight off the bat.

I should show up as 'Bobio' on there.

B-Genius said:
To Corky, Heavy's Sandvich and anyone else (especially Euros) planning to get AE on Steam, mind if I add you guys? It'd be cool to have some sparring buds straight off the bat.

I should show up as 'Bobio' on there.
You can add me too GT: Rocky Balboa
OH, for Steam. I'm XBL only.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
I'll believe it if he actually stays away from tournaments for a few months.
He just needs to start having fun. Probably start maining t-hawk in AE so he can body people with impudence, amirite?

zlatko

Banned
Kadey said:
Lobby started.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe#/w/1349605344

Just RagingravenSRK so far. He's pretty good. You might know him from stream monstering a bunch of streams.

I'll be afk for a little while.

He bodied me with his Fei Long pretty free. ;(

Also, to any other Yang players, you can change which punch you are using during the three mantis slashes and it will give you the property/damage of that one. I see better players ending on the light punch version so you have more frame advantage but you lose like 5 damage total if you would have done a hard punch final mantis slash.

I really hope Marn stays on. The combination of his complete idiocy in/out of the game combined with his talent always made him one of the most amusing played to watch.

abstract alien said:
As you say...your patience is your biggest weapon. You do make it look so damn good though.
I think that's why I like Ibuki so much, too. I can go all-out with her, and then I can save my patience for T. Hawk.

Professor Beef said:
I think that's why I like Ibuki so much, too. I can go all-out with her, and then I can save my patience for T. Hawk.
I believe you were the first ibuki I've ever played, if memory serves me correctly lol. I have no idea what was going on at all. Shit was coming from all directions. I think I'll do a lot better once I stop dropping so many combos and don't freak out every time I dizzy someone lol

cackhyena said:

Wow you're dumb. Please get stuck on how I worded something and not what I was actually trying to say by it. I never took the number seriously nor said it should be, but rather it was an observation that applies since newer players and the like would naturally have less points. They don't mean much, but they certainly don't mean absolutely nothing. But still, it was a jokingly said side note, not the point of my argument.

Dartastic

I'm headed home for a second slightly drunk before some friends pick me up. I want to test my new Mak against some gaf kids. Anyone? Xbl. Let's go!

Acid08

Banned
I'm gonna buy the AE disc when it comes out, haven't played SSF4 in a while. What am I looking at for Guile and Adon changes? I can't seem to find firm details.

Neki

Professor Beef said:
It's not as fun as I make it look.
If I buy AE, I'll main t-hawk. as long as I don't run into blanka, I'll be steam rolling people! ;)

I actually want to main Cody because throwing rocks is too godlike.

Kimosabae

Banned
Marn's not going to retire. Not unless he's found something else to dedicate himself to. I'll believe it when he provides reasons. He seems way too unfulfilled to quit at this point.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Rocky_Balboa said:
You can add me too GT: Rocky Balboa
OH, for Steam. I'm XBL only.
I'm on XBL too as 'BGenius'. Feel free to add me and we'll see if we can get some GAF friendlies in before I eff off to Japan! (Once I'm there it'll be all about Steam).

gutabo

Hi guys! I'm kinda trying to keep up with AE but real life issues are keeping me away from it... anyway I'm trying to get some of the stuff I was working on last year online, it will hopefully help some people... I have a question, is SRK down at the moment?

Big hug to everyone that remembers me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom