• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Haven't been keeping up with this season of Cross Counter, so catching up.

jabstrongfiercejabfierehgq.gif

brainshutdownie8m.gif

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
zlatko said:
He bodied me with his Fei Long pretty free. ;(

Also, to any other Yang players, you can change which punch you are using during the three mantis slashes and it will give you the property/damage of that one. I see better players ending on the light punch version so you have more frame advantage but you lose like 5 damage total if you would have done a hard punch final mantis slash.

Yeah he did.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/288324885

mbmonk

Hitokage said:
Lucky's up in Greensboro. Typical turnout of 50-70 entrants.

Thanks. I was just driving through Matthews that day and the stop lights etc. where out. So I wasn't sure if it was all related.

That is pretty solid turnout and Greensboro is only an hour away for me. Very cool. Thanks again.

Imm0rt4l

the_log_ride said:
Sim-Yun matchup producing copious amounts of sodium... lol
I'm sure, and be that as it may....I enjoy seeing him lose. He can neither win or lose with class. He beats daigo in a match in his favor and he dubs himself the daigo killer and acts like he's transcended beyond him and everyone. He loses a tough matchup and calls the other guy an idiot saying that he sucks. lol.

I'm sure having the same guy both send you to losers and eliminate you must've hurt as well though lol.

USD

Big news for Mike Ross and Gootecks:

http://www.complexitygaming.com/news/2846/

Today compLexity Gaming is thrilled to announce our move into the fighting game community. It has long been our wish to enter the vibrant scene but we wanted to do so in the best way possible. We now have found that way and are thrilled to launch our new fighting division- compLexity: CrossCounter.

In order to create a dominant global presence we have brought in some of the best known figures in the community. Mike “MikeRoss” Ross has come on board as the coL.cc Player Manager and Ryan “Gootecks” Gutierrez has joined as Media Manager for the division.

In the coming months we will be announcing the lineup of players who will represent the squad. In the meantime we encourage the compLexity Community to follow and support Mike and Ryan and their channel CrossCounterTV, which will now be sponsored by Creative SoundBlaster and presented by compLexity Gaming.

The other interesting part of that news is that they're going to be making a roster of players for their team. Since Mike "MikeRoss" Ross is the player manager I'll be interested to see who they pick up.

First name that comes to mind for me is WolfKrone.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
mbmonk said:
Thanks. I was just driving through Matthews that day and the stop lights etc. where out. So I wasn't sure if it was all related.

That is pretty solid turnout and Greensboro is only an hour away for me. Very cool. Thanks again.
There's another one in Fayetteville next month. You may want to keep tabs on the NC thread on SRK.

PsychoSoldier said:
The other interesting part of that news is that they're going to be making a roster of players for their team. Since Mike "MikeRoss" Ross is the player manager I'll be interested to see who they pick up.

First name that comes to mind for me is WolfKrone.

Clakey D

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't even get the compLexity thing. are they just going to sponsor a few players? why do they need mike rowsss and gootecks to do that? are they gonna make a web tv show or something too? what's going on?

Timedog said:
I don't even get the compLexity thing. are they just going to sponsor a few players? why do they need mike rowsss and gootecks to do that? are they gonna make a web tv show or something too? what's going on?

Its not easy for a organization not well known to a fanbase to suddenly get involved so they took 2 of the most recognized members of the community and will use them to represent said organization...come on man you should know this shit.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Oni is the best character in this game and Beef is some sort of reverse secret genius or something.

Shoutouts to Krillin Dan nearly bringing it back with those DAMN DAN KICKS STUFFING EVERYTHING.

GGs Conceited and the rest of PSNGAF.
Conceited said:
I would just like to take this opportunity to say that Oni is the best character in this game and Beef is some sort of reverse secret genius or something.
:lol

AkumaHokoru said:
Its not easy for a organization not well known to a fanbase to suddenly get involved so they took 2 of the most recognized members of the community and will use them to represent said organization...come on man you should know this shit.

When Mike Ross was interviewed earlier about being sponsored, he said something about making a choice between continuing his career as a player or transitioning to a community head. I wonder if him being a manager means he is going to be a less active competitor.

DryEyeRelief said:
When Mike Ross was interviewed earlier about being sponsored, he said something about making a choice between continuing his career as a player or transitioning to a community head. I wonder if him being a manager means he is going to be a less active competitor.

Its possible.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
AkumaHokoru said:
Err, yeah, I should know about the politics of gaming sponsorships. Uh huh.

mbmonk

Hitokage said:
There's another one in Fayetteville next month. You may want to keep tabs on the NC thread on SRK.

Thanks for the info on the tourney and the SRK thread.

I am torn on going to tourneys because I am not a tourney level player. I just love fighting games despite being absolutely terrible at them. So possibly paying for a hotel, entry fee, etc just to take immediate beat downs feels like a bit of a waste of money. That and the standard issue of not really personally knowing anyone in the community, but the only way to fix that is to get out and meet people at the events.

I am going to have to mull over it. Thanks again.

desks oni vid was cool, but the only combo i didnt know about was air tatsu into double jump, which im sure is too unreliable a link to use. even air tatsu uppercut is really wonky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom