• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Cant wait for the next Cross Counter episode.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
How is Complexity perceived in the eSports community? I don't follow Starcraft 2 closely, but I think there were a lot of sour grapes last week when Complexity bought out a popular SC2 team to jumpstart their Starcraft division. Not sure of the details though

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
AkumaHokoru said:
You should understand how game sponsorships work after seeing it several times
Uh huh, because I know of other sponsorships that have known players as media and team managers. I was simply wondering how it worked because the PR was vague, and calling it CrossCounter or whatever was weird.

GGs V_Arnold and Spirit of Jazz.

Damn I hate Yun lunge punches. One more thing to bitch about them is that they hit up also so they are pretty hard to stuff with jumping attacks.

There were some funny matches. I really enjoyed that time out victory with the super cancel in the last second. And of course that last victory with Hakan. :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocky_Balboa said:
GGs V_Arnold and Spirit of Jazz.

Aw man, I can't play for a couple of days and whole euro-gaf starts lobbies and shit?

cmon_son.jpg

Well, I told the GAFirc guys that my Evo 2011 dreams are shattered. I got laid off from my job this morning. Even if I did get a new job beforehand, I'm sure it wouldn't look good to ask for a few days off so soon.

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Sorry for being off topic.

Dartastic

Oh noooooo. What was your old job, and why did you get laid off? Cutbacks? That sucks man, screw this economy. Hope you find something new soon. =(

black_vegeta said:
Well, I told the GAFirc guys that my Evo 2011 dreams are shattered. I got laid off from my job this morning. Even if I did get a new job beforehand, I'm sure it wouldn't look good to ask for a few days off so soon.

:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Sorry for being off topic.

That's terrible, man. I hope you find something better soon.

Dartastic said:
Oh noooooo. What was your old job, and why did you get laid off? Cutbacks? That sucks man, screw this economy. Hope you find something new soon. =(

I did helpdesk/tech support work for a company. Yeah, they went through lay-offs in the past and things seemed to be going good for awhile, then came the next wave of lay-offs...which I was included in. :(

Thanks guys for the support. :)

Grifter

Sorry to hear, BV. My buddies and I are skipping Evo so when you get back on your feet, we'll meet up next year. We're tech guys and jobs have been easier to locate recently so hopefully, it's like that by you.

I was playing some Yang and having some trouble with his c.mp xN CC so I just gave genei jin a try. Even Yun's custom combos are free!

USD

Watching Offline Endless Battle, the tournament Spooky streamed last Saturday. I caught a few of the matches live, but I was mostly focused on NCR.

-The venue was really nice. They should definitely do more tournaments there.
-Dieminion has a pretty solid Sagat.
-I laughed at Spooky going in on Arturo. "Arturo's late? Fuck him, DQ his ass."
-Arturo losing to Die in the Sim-Guile? Don't see that one often. Like Art said, he got too impatient.
-Didn't know that Yun and Yang's EX Zenpou Tenshin is throw invincible. That made me want to look up the frame data. Yun's regular Tenshin is 7 frames? No wonder I get caught by it, it's practically invisible. I'm going to be holding up/mashing backdash in block strings a lot more now.
-6 months later and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Sonic Hurricane nerf. What does Capcom even want you to use it for?
-Good shit to Sanford winning the ticket to Evo (for the second year straight, apparently). I think he's got a good shot at taking East Coast Throwdown this weekend.
-Sounds like Citiofbrass is planning another tournament for a ticket, possibly in MvC3.

Kadey said:
That F.Champ and Daigo match was the asswhuppin of the century.

Missed that match. Anyone got a link? Was FC able to get a round, or has Daigo kept true to his word that he hasn't dropped a round against a Sim player since AE was released?

It's true that against Yun, you've gotta take some brave risks, and with a character like 'Sim, that makes this matchup just stupid.

kirblar

That match pretty much epitomizes everything that's wrong with Yun.

Champ got 1 game with Super into Ultra Cross up into fireball chip. It sure as heck looked like as close to a 10-0 matchup as you can get.

the_log_ride said:
Missed that match. Anyone got a link? Was FC able to get a round, or has Daigo kept true to his word that he hasn't dropped a round against a Sim player since AE was released?

It's true that against Yun, you've gotta take some brave risks, and with a character like 'Sim, that makes this matchup just stupid.

Daigo with Yun absolutely bodied Champ. Champ managed to steal one round but it was never close.

Ryu vs. Sim was a lot more fun to watch. It was close the entire way. Make sure you check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom