• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Professor Beef said:
Could someone explain to me how Ryu's cr.mk "nerf" works? I haven't used him since Turbo on SNES, so I have no clue what people are talking about.

The active frames of his cr.mk were reduced from 5 to 3, which nerfs its utility as a poke.

USD

Just a reminder, Guard Crush 18 is tomorrow, back to Team Spooky.

And of course, Saturday and Sunday is East Coast Throwdown 3 + Shadowloo Showdown 2011. Shadowloo Showdown is running on Australia time of course, which is +10 UTC (14 hours ahead of EST) so expect it to be starting up much earlier (as in late Friday for the US). If you want to completely stream monster both (assuming you have a completely free weekend), expect to get almost no sleep at all. ECT3 is Team Spooky, while SS 2011 will be here:

http://www.justin.tv/shadowloohq

Some of the players to expect:

Tokido
Mago
Gamerbee
Mike Ross
Gootecks
Toxy
Humanbomb
Kindevu
Momochi
Choco
Uryo
Itabashi
Zangief
Poongko
Makoto
MOV
Deshiken
Playerjun52
TSRAI
Sako
Tatsu
AndyOCR
Warahk

jman2050 said:
The active frames of his cr.mk were reduced from 5 to 3, which nerfs its utility as a poke.
They nerfed the hitbox as well.

Professor Beef said:
I feel fucking PUMPED right now. I got hate mail earlier against some Ken player on PSN (bestnrenonv), calling me a "turtle fa****." So I call him free, and challenge him to a FT5 to shut him up.

He accepts, and beats me with his Ken game 1. I then run it back and beat him 5 games in a row, including his Akuma that he switched to after losing with Ken twice.

I sent him a GG message afterwards, including telling him to stop jumping in on Hawk that has U2 stocked, and I haven't heard a reply since.

EDIT: Just got his reply: "you should stop turtle all together, again that all u have beside you jab combo"
bestnrenonv is free.

last time I got a hate mail was like week when I was just using Guile in Ranked.

Sonic Boom Sonic Boom Sonic Boom Sonic Boom

USD

I believe WolfKrone will be at ECT. He was actually supposed to be at the Break tonight, but DemonHyo, who was going to drive him there, had a (minor) car accident. Justin Wong won't be there.
_dementia said:
ECT's 3S promo was pretty great. Another great stream monster weekend ahead!
Sick promo.

notworksafe

USD said:
Justin Wong won't be there.
He's actually coming to our New Mexico comic con tourney. Here's hoping I get a chance to be blown up by him in AE!

It's too bad the net at the convention center is so bad or we could get a proper stream going.

If you got time please do it Max. I'd love to see a AE version of the Online Warrior. And I must say, you were my inspiration for playing Ken back in 2009. When I saw your long set vs Haunts, I had no idea who you were or how good you were yet. And yet you dominated Haunts(sorry Haunts) despite this being vanilla Sagat. Seeing Ken's rush down was a thing of beauty.

KidA Seven said:
If anyone that is not Japanese or Korean or Gamerbee make top 8, I'll be surprised.

DAT LINEUP.

It's not quite that simple. I'd say it's more of a guarantee that the a American or Australian will definitely be in the top 8 because some of the Japanese players will definitely run into each other more then once and knock each other out. That's what happened a while back in the Beat By Contest. Mago didn't finish in the top 3, but that's because he lost to Sako and Tokido before getting that far.

toypop

DAT LINEUP.
At least TSRAI and sako will be absent, probably PlayerJun as well.

BTW, both of "TSRAI" and "PlayerJun" guys are basically arcade players and doesn't have his own xbox, owners of those gamertags are their friends.
It's funny to see their gamertags are now famous on FGC. It led them to make their twitter accounts with friend's gamertag names.

Axis

toypop said:

BTW, both of "TSRAI" and "PlayerJun" guys are basically arcade players and doesn't have his own xbox, owners of those gamertags are their friends.
It's funny to see their gamertags are now famous on FGC. It led them to make their twitter accounts with friend's gamertag names.

don't tell me that

i wanted to see sako<3 and playerjun the most :(

Dark_Rainbow

Neo Member
toypop said:

It is disappointing that TSARI, PlayerJun, and Sako are gonna be absent :( I love how sako plays, once he excute a combo there is no way he might miss. I remember in Revelation 2011 the commentator said that sako will only miss a combo once in 25 matches o_O and on top of that he is using Ibuki!!!

Hopfully you are wrong somehow.

Dark_Rainbow

Neo Member
Procarbine said:
Has anyone seen any good Oni gameplay footage out there? I saw one good japanese oni from an arcade linked here a day or two before US release and I've seen some combo videos, including desk's, but I've had trouble finding solid Oni in matches.

Aside from Mike Ross, of course

You can check wildcat, hes a great Oni player, and one of the top Hakan players back at SSFIV (X360).

Axis

Ichabod said:
Can anyone recommend some good replacement buttons for a SF4 fightstick? Mine are starting to die on me. :(

any 30mm screw-in sanwa or seimitsus would be fine...just depends on if you like sensitivity of sanwas or not

rivals

For a TE you can use snap ins as that's what comes in them, not sure if can use screw ins or not actually but I don't see why not unless the depth of the button is different (I've never seen/used screw ins so I'm not sure whether or not that's the case).

screw-ins are fine on a TE.
with the LK button you just need to slide the nut under the sticks' mounting plate and screw in the button itself because it's a tight fit.

Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong:

For some reason that I am completely unable to understand, when I try to do hit confirms with Ken, I only hit the shoryuken about fifty percent of the time. I've tried varying the speed, I've watched the inputs (I'm trying to use the DF DF shortcut), but a lot of the time the shoryuken doesn't come out, or it comes out too late. What am I doing wrong? (cr. jab x 3 -> fierce DP)

V_Arnold

Invisible_Insane said:
Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong:

For some reason that I am completely unable to understand, when I try to do hit confirms with Ken, I only hit the shoryuken about fifty percent of the time. I've tried varying the speed, I've watched the inputs (I'm trying to use the DF DF shortcut), but a lot of the time the shoryuken doesn't come out, or it comes out too late. What am I doing wrong? (cr. jab x 3 -> fierce DP)

Do it like this:
lp,lp, -a little space-, lp->srk.
Two is cancel, one should be a "link", if I get the terms right.

V_Arnold said:
Do it like this:
lp,lp, -a little space-, lp->srk.
Two is cancel, one should be a "link", if I get the terms right.
Correct. SF4 does not allow you to special cancel from a normal move that was canceled, if that makes sense.

Axis

rivals said:
For a TE you can use snap ins as that's what comes in them, not sure if can use screw ins or not actually but I don't see why not unless the depth of the button is different (I've never seen/used screw ins so I'm not sure whether or not that's the case).

you can use screw-ins in a TE...i use seimitsu ps-14-kn screw-ins

Ichabod

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions guys. How noticeable is the difference in sensitivity between default TE buttons and Sanwas? Is it incremental or day and night?

Ichabod said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys. How noticeable is the difference in sensitivity between default TE buttons and Sanwas? Is it incremental or day and night?

Sanwa stick/buttons are already on your stick when you buy it from the store.

Edit: beaten

Anyone have a high quality version of the Crazy Buffalo logo? Supposedly the artwork for it's unlockable through Rog's trials. If anyone can get a screenshot for me from the PC version, it'd be greatly appreciated. Tips on grabbing it through PC version modding would be helpful, as well.

Chavelo

letsbereasonable said:
Anyone have a high quality version of the Crazy Buffalo logo? Supposedly the artwork for it's unlockable through Rog's trials. If anyone can get a screenshot for me from the PC version, it'd be greatly appreciated. Tips on grabbing it through PC version modding would be helpful, as well.

At work atm, but I can get it for you later today.

If you need it right away:

http://sf4viewer.sourceforge.net/

Look up on the directory of the SF4 install and find the gallery file. Open the file up in SF4 viewer and explore until you find what you need. After that, right click the file name and export to desktop (will save as dds file).

Download Paint.NET

http://www.getpaint.net/

Install then open the exported file. Edit if needed and export again as PNG/JPG/GIF. Enjoy. Use Paint.NET as your primary image editing software from now on, too. :D

Here's a cool little read for yall. Most people didn't know Gamerbee outside of select online match videos before evo2010. What most people also don't know was that him coming to evo was a damn near fluke. A friend of ours in Dallas, Dale, wanted to go to evo but couldn't because of his wife. We wanted him to go, but he just couldn't because of the ball and chain. After months of constantly trying, we eventually got him to come around to trying to convince the boss lady, and somehow miraculously he got the green light (the chances of that happening were EXTREMELY slim lol.) After that, he started talking about how he had a friend in taiwan that was really good at street fighter. Keep in mind Dale is a 3d guy, so we kinda thought he just didn't know what he was talking about and were like sure whatever lolz. He said he'd bring him over to evo, and well, you know the rest lol.

Some I.C.E. to go with your gamerbee

Ichabod

Banned
_dementia said:
TE uses Sanwa. They're the same buttons.

Ah, I see. Total controller modding newb here ;_; One more question, is there any advantage to switching between bat and ball joysticks or is it simply personal preference?

FindMyFarms said:
Here's a cool little read for yall. Most people didn't know Gamerbee outside of select online match videos before evo2010. What most people also don't know was that him coming to evo was a damn near fluke. A friend of ours in Dallas, Dale, wanted to go to evo but couldn't because of his wife. We wanted him to go, but he just couldn't because of the ball and chain. After months of constantly trying, we eventually got him to come around to trying to convince the boss lady, and somehow miraculously he got the green light (the chances of that happening were EXTREMELY slim lol.) After that, he started talking about how he had a friend in taiwan that was really good at street fighter. Keep in mind Dale is a 3d guy, so we kinda thought he just didn't know what he was talking about and were like sure whatever lolz. He said he'd bring him over to evo, and well, you know the rest lol.

Some I.C.E. to go with your gamerbee
Wow, that's an interesting story.

P.S. I know you don't browse the thread much anymore but I totally wished you happy birthday.

_dementia said:
Wow, that's an interesting story.

P.S. I know you don't browse the thread much anymore but I totally wished you happy birthday.

Oh hey haha! Thanks man! I've been playin games again, so I'll be browsin more periodically now :) I miss gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom