• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not just Daigo, it seems most top Japanese players are not uploading there wins. I don't know what the issue is. Are they just shy, are they trying to hide there stuff until EVO, are they waiting for a match when something really fucking cool happened, or something else. But if you look at the top players list from Asia(and mainly the Japanese players), you'll notice that there replays are normally older compared to all the other regions.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rice-Eater said:
Well it's not just Daigo, it seems most top Japanese players are not uploading there wins. I don't know what the issue is. Are they just shy, are they trying to hide there stuff until EVO, are they waiting for a match when something really fucking cool happened, or something else. But if you look at the top players list from Asia(and mainly the Japanese players), you'll notice that there replays are normally older compared to all the other regions.

I thought it was trying to hide their technology, but that would be pointless since your tech will still get exposed in the losses you take that get uploaded.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Conceited said:
I thought it was trying to hide their technology, but that would be pointless since your tech will still get exposed in the losses you take that get uploaded.

If they cared so much about hiding technology you'd think they'd just use new tags or something.

Rice-Eater said:

Because they don't care that they win. When people beat these top players, they get excited and show it off to the world.

Nothing to do with technology.

In the future 90% of future top Japanese player replays will consist of non-Japanese Asian players uploading from there Japanese account and anybody who beats Daigo. The rest will be purely accidental as they meant not to upload.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Lost Fragment said:
If they cared so much about hiding technology you'd think they'd just use new tags or something.

That would probably work for a while, but when you're top 5 or top 10 in PP and top 5 in BP for your character people would probably catch on.

But yeah, it's probably a combination of things, or they just don't care.

Conceited said:
That would probably work for a while, but when you're top 5 or top 10 in PP and top 5 in BP for your character people would probably catch on.

Also, I'm pretty sure when it comes to street fighter, most top players share information at the arcades. They don't care for hidden technology. They just want to get themselves better.

I always hear Daigo, Sako, Mago, etc... cite that during interviews.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Fun fact: Viper's mk air burning kick is +4 on block. Shit is the original Yun ex lunge punch.

But at least you can focus the fuck out of it. And at least it's not the hk version like it was in vanilla. So instead of going across the entire screen with a move that's +4 on block you just go 90% of the screen now lol.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
KidA Seven said:
Also, I'm pretty sure when it comes to street fighter, most top players share information at the arcades. They don't care for hidden technology. They just want to get themselves better.

I always hear Daigo, Sako, Mago, etc... cite that during interviews.

Well I know Kim1234 got yelled at for trying to film someone at an arcade (I think it was Iyo?) and there was almost no footage of Daigo playing Yun in the arcades so he probably requested not to be filmed as well.

So some people definitely do care.

Conceited said:
Well I know Kim1234 got yelled at for trying to film someone at an arcade (I think it was Iyo?) and there was almost no footage of Daigo playing Yun in the arcades so he probably requested not to be filmed as well.

So some people definitely do care.

I don't think he got yelled at but when he did try to film Iyo, Iyo came over and told him to not record his matches. So like you said, they care. It's not a coincidence that we got more Daigo footage over one weekend at SCR then we got over the course 6+ months of AE being out in Japan.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The God's Garden people have a groupie thing going on over there. And they take the game much more seriously than we do.

Imm0rt4l

Notice how all these Yuns start doing the crumple double palm after that one video of daigo was put up? While that isn't a big deal, I'm sure JP players don't want to be at the disadvantage of having your opponent know your tendencies whereas they don't know the others. Even the Korean players were watching Sako replays before they had to go up against him.

USD

Timedog said:
Sonic Hurricane Kick!

Isn't Starbase supposed to be on Wednesdays or something?
It is, but Starbase is West Coast, and also starts up much later, usually around 10PM PDT.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I've been away from gaf for so long I didn't even know AE had come out.
I'm trying to find a list of Sakura balance changes, but all the information seems to be based on the same source.

"Other various adjustments on making hitboxes bigger, damage, and recovery done to make her stronger."

Well, which hitboxes? Which attacks have less recovery?

I don't know whether to blame Capcom's shitty patchnotes or general Japanese nescience towards internet, but it sure seems like they are welcoming the late 90s with open arms. Decline, and all.

Satyamdas

Banned
bistromathics said:
I've been away from gaf for so long I didn't even know AE had come out.
I'm trying to find a list of Sakura balance changes, but all the information seems to be based on the same source.

"Other various adjustments on making hitboxes bigger, damage, and recovery done to make her stronger."

Well, which hitboxes? Which attacks have less recovery?

I don't know whether to blame Capcom's shitty patchnotes or general Japanese nescience towards internet, but it sure seems like they are welcoming the late 90s with open arms. Decline, and all.
tNQLO.gif

Uhhhh, you being completely out of the loop for 5 months is not Capcom's fault. They had a blog entry go up every week for 2 months or so detailing 4 or 5 characters' changes each time. These blog entries were translated and dissected literally the moment they went up every week (courtesy of the gdlk USD), and everyone even remotely interested in SSF4 knew exactly what changes were happening.

And I don't know what's up with your google-fu skills, but I typed in about 3 words and got this post right away.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just fucking played Magus on XBL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

DryEyeRelief said:
They haven't been to starbase in a while.
Darry was on the mic saying to watch Starbase on Wednesdays to hear magus and him commentate. That's why I was excited to watch tonight!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
"lostfragment" is taken on xbl. Like who the fuck would use that except for me? It's just a random, mistranslated name of a song on the Chrono Cross soundtrack that I was listening to when I signed up for GAF and used 'cause I suck at coming up with fake internet names.

Lost Fragment said:
"lostfragment" is taken on xbl. Like who the fuck would use that except for me? It's just a random, mistranslated name of a song on the Chrono Cross soundtrack that I was listening to when I signed up for GAF and used 'cause I suck at coming up with fake internet names.
Aren't you allowed to have spaces in your XBL name? You could try "Lost Fragment" if so.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Lost Fragment said:
fucking Timedog was taken too. do LostFragmentGAF and we'll start a cool kids club.

Just had a match with Saty in ranked. Apparently he didn't do quick rise after a LK tatsu. That ruined my Evil Ryu vortex I've been working on. What if I had done a DP and whiffed Saty, that would have been big punishment for you, so quick rise next time so I can try to mix you up...err I mean you can punish whiffed DP's.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Rice-Eater said:
Just had a match with Saty in ranked. Apparently he didn't do quick rise after a LK tatsu. That ruined my Evil Ryu vortex I've been working on. What if I had done a DP and whiffed Saty, that would have been big punishment for you, so quick rise next time so I can try to mix you up...err I mean you can punish whiffed DP's.

Evil Ryu suxxx bro. Don't give in to the satsui no hado, bro.

@Dartastic: Can't come this Friday, maybe/probably next.

Timedog said:
Evil Ryu suxxx bro. Don't give in to the satsui no hado, bro.

@Dartastic: Can't come this Friday, maybe/probably next.

I agree that he sucks, but I like the character and his style suits me better then normal Ryu. If only he had Ryu normals and 1000 health/stun then he'd be a pretty good character. In the end, Ken is still my best character and probably the best fit for me. But I'm going to try and stay with Evil Ryu.

Satyamdas

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Ha! GGs man, I knew you've been playing E. Roo but I was still expecting to see Ken or regular Roo or even Seth. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about you air tatsu'ing all over the place with E.Roo or reg. Roo any more. But your Ken can still spam that shit willy nilly! Stupid Capcom. :mad:

Ony and Evil Ryu are the last roster editions right? That rumor about 6 new characters total held no water?

I'm not surprised. Or maybe the assets were moved over to SF x TK.

Cypher said:
Launch event in San Francisco on Tuesday, June 28th!

e7238db20fe7b9b7722bf647f95d9784.jpg

From the Unity blog:

You are all invited to the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Launch event next Tuesday, 6/28/11 at Vessel SF, located at 85 Campton Place, San Francisco! This will be a 21+ event, and doors will open at 7 pm. Make sure to show up early so you can get in quickly. We'll have plenty of Arcade Edition on hand to play, as well as playable builds of Street Fighter III 3rd Strike Online Edition and Street Fighter x Tekken. Plus, come check out a special art exhibit by Stan "Artgerm" Lau and the Imaginary Friends Studio.

Additionally, the first 100 folks who pre-ordered their copy of Arcade Edition through the Capcom Store or have a proof of purchase (i.e. receipt) get to jump the line and get early access to everything!

Lastly, the Capcom Store will be in the house with copies of the game for sale if you haven't picked it up, as well as a limited edition t-shirt featuring Oni and Evil Ryu artwork.

I saw this in the AE DLC thread over on gaming, just FYI.

I'm happy that I could secure my true gamertag Rocky Balboa a few months ago when they were deleting xbox1 tags. Although now I'm getting a lot of random friend requests. Probably they are trying to phish some info or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom