• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Invisible_Insane said:
Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong:

For some reason that I am completely unable to understand, when I try to do hit confirms with Ken, I only hit the shoryuken about fifty percent of the time. I've tried varying the speed, I've watched the inputs (I'm trying to use the DF DF shortcut), but a lot of the time the shoryuken doesn't come out, or it comes out too late. What am I doing wrong? (cr. jab x 3 -> fierce DP)

Like the others have said, one way to do it is to link the 3rd cr.LP which allows you to cancel into an SRK. For what it's worth, though, you can also link the SRK of a cancelled normal.

cr.LP xx cr.LP xx cr.LP, SRK

Yeah, it takes a bit of time to get used to the timing of a linked SRK, but after a bit of practice it becomes much easier. Nowadays, I use cr.LK xx cr.LP, SRK as my hit confirm for Ken.

the_log_ride said:
Like the others have said, one way to do it is to link the 3rd cr.LP which allows you to cancel into an SRK. For what it's worth, though, you can also link the SRK of a cancelled normal.

cr.LP xx cr.LP xx cr.LP, SRK

Yeah, it takes a bit of time to get used to the timing of a linked SRK, but after a bit of practice it becomes much easier. Nowadays, I use cr.LK xx cr.LP, SRK as my hit confirm for Ken.
Is there any reason to prefer one approach over the other?

bestnrenonv sent me another message after meeting him in ranked again and losing to me. This time he called me a "turtle bitch."

I asked him if that was an upgrade or a downgrade from a "turtle fa****," and he only responded with "lol."

mbmonk

Invisible_Insane said:

I am guessing but looking at the frame data would tell you which is easier (linking the 3rd cr.lp versus linking in the SRK).

You would have to see how much frame advantage you get on hit for cr.lp and then check the startup frames on the SRK that will give you an idea on how much time you have to link the SRK in.

mbmonk

_dementia said:
Is there a tally of SF PC-GAF?

I am about 90% sure I am getting the PC version in July ( 1080p is just to juicy to pass up ). Steam name is the same as my GAF.

But I can't wait to get the disc release for the PS3 next week.

Rocwell

Professor Beef said:
bestnrenonv sent me another message after meeting him in ranked again and losing to me. This time he called me a "turtle bitch."

I asked him if that was an upgrade or a downgrade from a "turtle fa****," and he only responded with "lol."
Maybe you should play him with your Ibuki and show him your ninja turtle style.

Invisible_Insane said:

Nah, not too much. Just go with what you're most comfortable with. Learning to link the special seems to work for me when you're up close and you score a couple of crouching light attacks. You see the two chained attacks hit, and from there you link the SRK, if that makes sense.

As far as drilling the timing in, what helped me was closing my eyes and just listening to the taps of the buttons.

mbmonk said:
I am guessing but looking at the frame data would tell you which is easier (linking the 3rd cr.lp versus linking in the SRK).

You would have to see how much frame advantage you get on hit for cr.lp and then check the startup frames on the SRK that will give you an idea on how much time you have to link the SRK in.
That's the thing, I'm not sure it makes a difference.
Cr.lp has 3 frames of startup and it's +5 on hit. So it seems you have three frames to make either link, it's just a matter of where you decide to put it?

the_log_ride said:
As far as drilling the timing in, what helped me was closing my eyes and just listening to the taps of the buttons.
I've heard of people using a metronome to really lock in the timing; I may want to try that.

Rocwell

Invisible_Insane said:
Cr.lp has 3 frames of startup and it's +5 on hit. So it seems you have three frames to make either link, it's just a matter of where you decide to put it?
You can try double tapping the srk so if you end up chaining the jabs you get another shot at the link. Double tapping or piano'ing is a good habit to get into when trying to link specials/supers/ultras in a combo.

mbmonk

Invisible_Insane said:

It sounds like it. A much better player than myself should weigh in though.

Invisible_Insane said:
I've heard of people using a metronome to really lock in the timing; I may want to try that.

Nice idea. I haven't heard that one. I will have to try that out as well.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
letsbereasonable said:
Thanks Chavelo. I was hoping the logo would be the cleaner line based version that's on the back of Rog's alt, but I should be able to photoshop a decent replica.

Would love it if you could share your finished work with us.

It appears Daigo is playing Yun under the GT "gameinn" as usual. He appears not to be uploading his wins as he did in Super. He's has the #1 PP overall and is currently the #3 Yun with 13k BP on XBL.

There's an upload of him getting bodied against a Gen player as of today.

black_vegeta said:
It appears Daigo is playing Yun under the GT "gameinn" as usual. He appears not to be uploading his wins as he did in Super. He's has the #1 PP and is currently the #3 Yun on XBL.

Got a YT link to this for us non-xboxen?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
black_vegeta said:
It appears Daigo is playing Yun under the GT "gameinn" as usual. He appears not to be uploading his wins as he did in Super. He's has the #1 PP and is currently the #3 Yun on XBL.

Argggggh :(

kirblar

black_vegeta said:
It appears Daigo is playing Yun under the GT "gameinn" as usual. He appears not to be uploading his wins as he did in Super. He's has the #1 PP overall and is currently the #3 Yun with 13k BP on XBL.

Got a link to that?

Edit: oops, beaten.

black_vegeta said:

with their arcade scene, why would he need to put up with crappy online

kirblar

Blown up by Super into Ultra. Awesome.

Is that hurricane kick cross up new in AE or do I just not watch enough Ken? It's pretty sick.

kirblar

Kadey said:
Eva does that constantly in Super.

Also, Amiyu is a pretty big name. He's no slouch.

Matches can also be seen in my stream archives. Latest two of course.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/videos
I think it's more that I just haven't seen a lot of Kens play on tournament streams, since most people just played Akuma or Ryu for their Shoto needs. That'll probably change with the AE changes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's one of those gimmicks, kinda like doing fadcs twice like Daigo did to Justin at Seasons's beatings. After the knockdown and low kick tatsu, it can be expected. But yeah, flowcharts aren't going to do it. I never seen it myself before watching Eva do it but it appears to be a common mixup attempt at mid to high level Kens.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
with their arcade scene, why would he need to put up with crappy online
Because online play in japan/Asia is considered good enough by Daigo and other top players for Gods garden.

Imm0rt4l

I like how you can put titles for your room saying

Looking for so and so players
I only play so and so

But today was my first time being in a room titled *no throws. The dude was playing Yun and I can only surmise that going in with yun has made him more susceptible to throws. Sucks for him, Yun has good mixups off of forward throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom