• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
starting to main with Cammy in AE(downloaded it last night) i realized i haven't played ssf4 online in forever, and lost like 7 straight matches, but i did improve as the night went on.

my psn is KingRuiner

Mœbius

_dementia said:
Ony and Evil Ryu are the last roster editions right? That rumor about 6 new characters total held no water?

I'm not surprised. Or maybe the assets were moved over to SF x TK.
Well they've been clear on messaging that there will be no more updates after AE (though careful to leave things open by saying it's not set in stone); but there's clearly enough space for a couple more characters on the character select screen... <enter trollono>

jlai

Corky said:
Play offline
crouchtech profit.

I think what happens a lot of times is I'm too overeager to tech with my crouch tech spam and usually get thrown out of the c.lk animation. Damn my autopilot defense!

USD

Invisible_Insane said:
mash for your life?
Mashing usually a bad idea. If they have to walk forward slightly to get throw, you might beat it, but if they're already in throw range, they'll grab you out of your low short. And if it's a counter hit set-up, you'll eat it free.

USD said:
Mashing usually a bad idea. If they have to walk forward slightly to get throw, you might beat it, but if they're already in throw range, they'll grab you out of your low short. And if it's a counter hit set-up, you'll eat it free.
But it seems to work so well online!
(I actually crouch-tech too much when I play. Free counter-hits for everyone!)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I said 'holy shit' at the new Yang costume

23_alt01.jpg

Might have to start playing him now.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/jun/23/images-new-alternative-ssf4-ae-costume-pack/

My Yang blows so much, lol. He has so much mixup potential, but I basically use the same 3 setups in every match. Forgot how long it takes to internalize all these tools that the character has.

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:
Looks like Oni needs to apply some lotion to his cracking skin.

This based off his new new alt costume.
ashy_larry.jpg

Kadey said:
I'm changing my name to Kadey Hartley.

Feels weird seeing some guy with the sn Jwong posting on GAF.

I see that name and all I can think of is Nina Hartley.

Just set up a new PSN account exclusively for online fighting game use. Went with the ID GhettoHamburgler.

If any of you pros are willing to take some time to teach me some stuff I'd appreciate it. Send me an friend request. I'd like to play Cody but it seems like I lose most of my matches by a slim margin so its driving me nuts.

Remus

Something I noticed in AE: Do you only gain 1 BP per win after hitting B rank with a character? That doesn't seem right, feels like my character is glitched.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
That Dieminion on the mic? He played Guile in Super and now he's complaining about people winning tournaments with top tier characters in AE? lol.

USD

Lost Fragment said:
That Dieminion on the mic? He played Guile in Super and now he's complaining about people winning tournaments with top tier characters in AE? lol.
To be fair, Dieminion has been running Guile since Vanilla. And Guile in Super is no comparison to the the twins in AE.

Nori Chan

I rented the original SFIV in order to get the two last costumes, but am I crazy in saying that Seth is so much cheaper in the original SF?

USD

Art and Die have been hinting that someone special is coming to ECT, "someone who can beat America in AE and Marvel." Could be bullshit (I'm skeptical), but assuming it's someone outside of the US, and eliminating everyone going to Shadowloo, the only player I can think of is Daigo. Daigo doesn't just randomly show up to tourneys though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
USD said:
To be fair, Dieminion has been running Guile since Vanilla. And Guile in Super is no comparison to the the twins in AE.

Fair enough.

USD said:
Art and Die have been hinting that someone special is coming to ECT, "someone who can beat America in AE and Marvel." Could be bullshit (I'm skeptical), but assuming it's someone outside of the US, and eliminating everyone going to Shadowloo, the only player I can think of is Daigo. Daigo doesn't just randomly show up to tourneys though.

Alioune?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom