• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

it's so disappointing to read that thread as a cammy main...

it's like they're abandoning all hope before most of us get a chance to play it.

the one guy in the "cammy ssf4ae changes" thread who's actually had a chance to play it said he'll be sticking with her and that speaks a lot about how fickle most of the players are...admittedly i use tkcs a good bit but it's in super; it's there to be used...i won't handicap myself in the game that i can freely use it...but i'm completely looking forward to new combo opportunities and more CH setups with her normals as opposed to tkcs(which i still flub from time to time)

tl;dr? stop fucking complaining and accept the changes for what they are.

I read through one person's Cammy AE impressions. It sounds like she'll be just as dangerous in the right hands. Cammy won't be easy mode with her TKCS pressure. People will have to use the EX version and her AE combos are awesome.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Lost Fragment said:
I don't think anybody knows for sure what went through their heads when they decided to make some of the changes they made, but I assume with Cammy a lot of it was a character identity thing. Not that I necessarily agree with changing a character because of that, like they did with vanilla Gen.

The only problem with that is they should of nerfed the fat lard also. His retarded dive kicks were as much if not more of a problem than cammy dive kicks. Plus his stupid ultra setups makes him a prime candidate for the nerf stick. Then again someone at capcom loves rufus for some reason...

Axis said:
it's so disappointing to read that thread as a cammy main...

it's like they're abandoning all hope before most of us get a chance to play it.

the one guy in the "cammy ssf4ae changes" thread who's actually had a chance to play it said he'll be sticking with her and that speaks a lot about how fickle most of the players are...admittedly i use tkcs a good bit but it's in super; it's there to be used...i won't handicap myself in the game that i can freely use it...but i'm completely looking forward to new combo opportunities and more CH setups with her normals as opposed to tkcs(which i still flub from time to time)

tl;dr? stop fucking complaining and accept the changes for what they are.

Didn't know you main Cammy now.

I need to get back playing this game with fellow GAFfers again.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
Didn't know you main Cammy now.

I need to get back playing this game with fellow GAFfers again.

for about a month and a half now. still keep chun around for that dreaded fucking balrog matchup tho :p

we should def play sometime...i need that rog practice with cammy something serious, sir

Axis

DarkoMaledictus said:
The only problem with that is they should of nerfed the fat lard also. His retarded dive kicks were as much if not more of a problem than cammy dive kicks. Plus his stupid ultra setups makes him a prime candidate for the nerf stick. Then again someone at capcom loves rufus for some reason...

without divekicks rufus would be one of the worst chars in the game....his normals are absolutely trash. the only thing that saves him are great specials and 989800898 ultra setups...and his divekick. learn to OS that shit, dude...OS' save lives against divekick chars

Axis

God's Beard said:
Yeah, Vex loves them dive kicks.

I wanna plaaaaaaaayyyyyyy damn it

fix your 360.

yes, i do...but i wont' miss them and won't have this "the sky is falling" mentality without them.

shit happens.

Axis

God's Beard said:
man, remember how long it took me to get a new one last time? Besides, this one was pre-emptively "fixed", so I'm shit out of luck.

go find a cheap one for like 100 bucks :p

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Axis said:
without divekicks rufus would be one of the worst chars in the game....his normals are absolutely trash. the only thing that saves him are great specials and 989800898 ultra setups...and his divekick. learn to OS that shit, dude...OS' save lives against divekick chars

Still has his jesus kick and some strong normals, there is always a way to fix things. Option select should not be a requirement to prevent stupid shit from characters. If you have to os there is some funky stuff going on...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
man, remember how long it took me to get a new one last time? Besides, this one was pre-emptively "fixed", so I'm shit out of luck. I'm not gonna drop another hundred bones after the holidays.

I gave up on 360... anyway life cycle is what 2 more years? Didn't use it that that much anyway. Just wished capcom would release ae for pc...

Axis

DarkoMaledictus said:
Still has his jesus kick and some strong normals, there is always a way to fix things. Option select should not be a requirement to prevent stupid shit from characters. If you have to os there is some funky stuff going on...

his normals aren't strong lol i'd go as far as saying they're among the worst in the game. OS shouldn't be a requirement but hey, as long as divekick chars exist in the game then you might as well learn how to OS them instead of complaining about them.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DarkoMaledictus said:

Character strength and character identity aren't the same thing. What you're talking about doesn't have much to do with what you quoted.

Also, Rufus is definitely a good character, but overrated imo.

I never option select, but I still hit Vex with cFP all the time when he jumps next to me. I tell him I'm option selecting, though. Makes me feel like a better player.

Axis

God's Beard said:
I never option select, but I still hit Vex with cFP all the time when he jumps next to me. I tell him I'm option selecting, though. Makes me feel like a better player.

until i told you i'd beat it if you didn't stop :p

Lost Fragment said:

To be honest, I'm more pissed off than they are, but it's not for the same reasons. I thought cammy in vanilla/super was one of the most fun fighting game characters ever, her in close 50/50 mixup was just so smooth, and her ability to maintain offensive pressure with TKCS was just really fun.

Without commenting on whether Cammy became better or worse in AE, it is unarguable that she is a different character. She went from a 50/50 mixup pressure character when she's next to you, into a counterhit fishing character with beast normals. She won't play the same when she's in.

Now with all that being said, I heard from Ricky O that Cammy is an absolute monster in AE, and he even says she might be the best character in the game (these ARE day 1 impressions though.) She plays completely different, but AE Cammy can maintain pressure via walking up due to mad blockstun from new normals and a bunch of ways to hit confirm into knockdown. If you're willing to treat AE cammy like a new character, and learn a new skillset (counterhit fishing) then you can be an absolute monster with her.

TL/DR - Vanilla/Super Cammy and AE Cammy are different characters. AE Cammy possibly top tier.

Axis

FindMyFarms said:
To be honest, I'm more pissed off than they are, but it's not for the same reasons. I thought cammy in vanilla/super was one of the most fun fighting game characters ever, her in close 50/50 mixup was just so smooth, and her ability to maintain offensive pressure with TKCS was just really fun.

Without commenting on whether Cammy became better or worse in AE, it is unarguable that she is a different character. She went from a 50/50 mixup pressure character when she's next to you, into a counterhit fishing character with beast normals. She won't play the same when she's in.

Now with all that being said, I heard from Ricky O that Cammy is an absolute monster in AE, and he even says she might be the best character in the game (these ARE day 1 impressions though.) She plays completely different, but AE Cammy can maintain pressure via walking up due to mad blockstun from new normals and a bunch of ways to hit confirm into knockdown. If you're willing to treat AE cammy like a new character, and learn a new skillset (counterhit fishing) then you can be an absolute monster with her.

TL/DR - Vanilla/Super Cammy and AE Cammy are different characters. AE Cammy possibly top tier.

this is what i've been hoping for :)

edit: you dtx guys going to arcade ufo tonight?

Axis

God's Beard said:
No that's standing FP. That made me mad, though.

lol that's what i thought you meant...just thought you put c. instead of s.

c.fp works, too...but if i backdash into c.mk->arrow then it's gg's ;o

Coeliacus

Got my first games yesterday spent bout $40 ($2 a play here, best 3/5 at least). Won a total of two games. Got my Rose orbs stuffed to lose the round and as she collapsed...

...the orbs stayed out, swirling around happily.

What a slap in the face. Screw you Capcom. :lol

Any other Rose players here? Does her crouch foward feel sliiightly faster to anyone else? I also had an instance where I did ultra, and trade/blocked a poke. I think you can still block on the first active frame of the ultra, but there is no invul during startup? Also orbs startup beat the startup of a throw, but lost to meaty karakusa... I don't think you can react throw after the ultra freeze.

PhatSaqs said:
I cant believe all the shit they gave Yun :lol
He does take hits kinda hard but goddamn.
Vacuum ultra. Invincible reversal. Command throw. Fast as hell dive kicks at different angles. Projectile invincible elbow. Free meter building. Easy hit confirm combos into Ultra. Great backdash. Oh yea and Genei Jin.

Only negatives seems to be lower health (most likely SF4 girl health) and no range FA.

N4Us

When Super first came out, I remember some people at SRK saying "rip cammy" and crap and they didn't even play the version yet.

I don't believe in her death until I play it.

Coeliacus

God's Beard said:
Don't forget that his normal throw is pretty weak! :lol
Also crappy forward dash and not that great range pokes. A lot of our guys trying to pick the twins up are struggling a bit with this. You really have to learn to be mobile with those dive kicks.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
N4Us said:
When Super first came out, I remember some people at SRK saying "rip cammy" and crap and they didn't even play the version yet.

I don't believe in her death until I play it.

Yeah, and the outcry about U2 was hilarious (OMG THE ULTRA SUCKS CAMMY IS SHIT TIER). Cammy players sure do like to cry like little bitches, so better off playing her yourself and making up your own mind.

Though, sometimes it seems at SRK many players just like to act like their character sucks, who knows why, maybe to scare off people from trying that character themselves. :lol

I'm a huge Dudley fan, and I'd like to see Dudley's best player play some matches. Is there anywhere I can find this, preferably on youtube?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:

Oh yeah, as a Cammy player myself I'm in the same boat. Her style is gonna change quite a bit and I'm unsure if I'm gonna enjoy the new Cammy as much. Dropping her because you don't end up enjoying how she plays in AE is pretty understandable. But talking about dropping her when you assume she's gonna be weak because she won't be able to dive kick all over the place is silly. Especially when the game's been out for less than a week and nobody knows what she's truly capable of yet.

But yeah, so far I kinda get the impression that she's gone from "like Rufus, but with a dp and a non-easymode ultra" to "like Cody with a dp...sometimes like Rufus if she has meter."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom