• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Well then ,shoutouts to stream monsters get fake Mike Ross banned from chat.

So apparently the special guest thing is official, who it is is still all speculation.

USD

biosnake20 said:
what did they say about someone in a hospital and it was fucked up? i didnt catch it, and it might of been about li joe
I didn't hear, I think it was Dieminion off the mic. I was guessing whatever it was, it was related to Joe, not sure though.

Unrelated, but sounds like Fubarduck will be at ECT.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Does Guile wake up slower than most of the cast or something? With Ryu I just tried to safe-jump option select/srk him after a sweep and every time he blocked and the SRK came out instead of the jumping hp putting him into hitstun.

Edit: just fucking tried it on E. Ryu. didn't work. Am I just fucking up the timing, or did the timing on Ryu's sweep change?

SoulFist

Any Yun players use any useful frame traps? I'm trying to find something to up my game, and coming from Cody my love of frame traps is strong.

USD

USD said:
I didn't hear, I think it was Dieminion off the mic. I was guessing whatever it was, it was related to Joe, not sure though.
Apparently it's Andre (Twisted Jago) in the hospital. Kevin didn't say what it was, but apparently something serious. Currently iffy on making it to ECT.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Finally tried out Yang specifically in training mode last night, and he's harder than I expected him to be, and less free to do whatever he wants unlike his brother. Not to mention the window for Rekkas > FADC > U1 takes getting used to, so it makes me feel good to see skilled pros like Justin and the like drop it as well. If I really want to stick to Yang, I'm going to have to drop a lot of the other characters I play and just stick to him and Evil Ryu, with a dash of Dee Jay and Balrog in-between.

Still having good success with making the usual circle of the 10+ characters in Endless Battle because they haven't changed too much fundamentally luckily, but I wanna step it up with Yang, and I'm getting good results with Evil Ryu with stuns and a perfect here and there.

Tempted to go for the Alt pack for AE, even though I'm not a big supporter of buying the costumes - it's a great deal this time around getting an extra 3 costumes for the same price though.

BotoxAgent said:
3:39 motherf*ckin tricky!!

Yeah, that shoulder cross-up is so messed-up - this is the second time I've seen it in a big tourney, and as you can expect, no one expected it and blocked correctly - it's a good thing you can't follow it up regularly with a link afterwards.

LosDaddie

Banned
MS needs to advertise the AE DLC on the dashboard. I honestly forgot it came out and was only reminded because of the AE costume pack announcement no joystiq.

I'll probably DL all out of it soon. I like the screenshots of the new costumes.

LosDaddie said:
MS needs to advertise the AE DLC on the dashboard. I honestly forgot it came out and was only reminded because of the AE costume pack announcement no joystiq.

I'll probably DL all out of it soon. I like the screenshots of the new costumes.
Strange to hear about the disparity there. On the PSN store AE has lots of good branding emphasizing the price point and bonus free Avatars you get with the package.

notworksafe

Sorry for the spam but I figured people here would be interested. I'm helping to run a big tourney at the Comic Expo in Albuquerque, NM playing AE (we'll also be doing T6, MK and MvC3 with a $1000 guaranteed first prize) so if you're in the area come by and say hi! We'll be doing casual/free tournies today and the big money ones tomorrow.

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index....po-mvc3-100000-guaranteed-1st-june-24th-26th/

Justin Wong will be here tomorrow as well, so come get your chance to whup him in whatever game you want! We'll even have a Super Turbo arcade machine!

Unfortunately the net there is far too poor to run a stream but we'll have videos of Jwong's fights and all the finals up after the weekend.

LosDaddie

Banned
_dementia said:
Strange to hear about the disparity there. On the PSN store AE has lots of good branding emphasizing the price point and bonus free Avatars you get with the package.

Yeah, I saw that last night on PSN. That's why I wondered why MS isn't also advertising AE, but they are pushing the MK season pass (whatever that is).

LosDaddie said:
Yeah, I saw that last night on PSN. That's why I wondered why MS isn't also advertising AE, but they are pushing the MK season pass (whatever that is).
MK Season pass gets you all the DLC at a $5 discount. The catch is you have to pay in advance before the characters are even out. Makes sense they'd be promoting it though, as it's a limited time deal and exclusive to XBLM.

Wizpig

Any GAFfer who bought the AE disc?

Obligatory dumb questions:

Is the "Press Start" title screen different from Super?
Does the 360 version include a code for AE or is it everything on the disc already?

Bonus question about the Volt crap for iOS: who is the fourth "mysterious character"? a new one not included in AE?

BitchTits

Just got the disc version of AE - all this time, I hadn't realised they'd switched the inputs for Yang's dash and rolling up kick - this is going to take some getting used to!

Wizpig said:
Any GAFfer who bought the AE disc?

Obligatory dumb questions:

Is the "Press Start" title screen different from Super?
Does the 360 version include a code for AE or is it everything on the disc already?
The title screen says Arcade Edition under the logo, everything else seems same from what I remember. I have PS3 version, but everything is on the disc already.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Heavy's Sandvich said:
They were joking about it at Guard Crush though, something about girl trouble [in regard to Andre].

Edit: I'm sure that was the case.

Not sure if this was cleared up on stream or not but Andre is indeed in the hospital, he had to get emergency surgery for something (didn't say what) and will probably be stream monstering ECT.

USD said:
Just read that Fuudo, Shungoku Neurosis and Shiro are going to EVO. The competition's going to be insane.
I hope Shiro plays some Abel, at least in the lower level pool matches where the comp isn't too rough. I miss his Abel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom