• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

Relix said:
If you are an XBL Warrior you have fought him at least once since the Vanilla days. And he's still as bad as ever. =P
How can anyone play SF since vanilla and be that horrible? Is he trolling? Is he handicapped in some way?

Imm0rt4l said:
How can anyone play SF since vanilla and be that horrible? Is he trolling? Is he handicapped in some way?

hey ggs earlier. who was that other guy in there? it felt like his/her makoto leveled up in like 10 minutes.

Satyamdas

Banned
_dementia said:
I think this is the video that made blackhawkxdown a household name:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6QiUqzwmVo
That match is just as hilarious today as it was 2 years ago. And BLACKHAWKxDOWN plays exactly the same now as he did then. I have to admit I am rather impressed by his ability to resist learning any techniques or gaining any skill in that time period. He and I are somewhat of a kindred spirit in that respect. :*(

But I do take some small satisfaction in having BHD boot me from his lobbies or leave mine any time we happen to match up. And I have to say I was a little surprised at Mike and Gootecks's relative unfamiliarity with the flowchart legend.

Imm0rt4l

kevo_huevo said:
hey ggs earlier. who was that other guy in there? it felt like his/her makoto leveled up in like 10 minutes.
yea, ggs man. He doesn't post on gaf, he's a solid dudley player that I was sparring with. Then we kinda just started messing around with different characters. He's not fond of your Honda haha. His Mak must have been powered by salt. We'll play again another time.

Threi said:
he has beaten me far more times than i've beaten him so i can't really say much lol

o_0

Imm0rt4l said:
I wish I could see footage of me playing vanilla when it first dropped, I'm sure it'd be pretty cringe worthy.
I have some videos on youtube of me playing Vanilla and it's astonishing how I've actually regressed. Capcom made Yun for people like me to sometimes feel good too.

Imm0rt4l said:
yea, ggs man. He doesn't post on gaf, he's a solid dudley player that I was sparring with. Then we kinda just started messing around with different characters. He's not fond of your Honda haha. His Mak must have been powered by salt. We'll play again another time.

hahaha it's all good. all he has to do is pick U1 and that takes away any headbutts I throw out there. Unfortunately, I've only had time to learn one character, so it'll probably be boring playing against me (although I try not to have a lame style).

I want to play your Gouken some more! U1 through fireballs all day lol

How was the connection on your side? It was yellow for me, but CA to MI wasn't so terrible.

Imm0rt4l

kevo_huevo said:
hahaha it's all good. all he has to do is pick U1 and that takes away any headbutts I throw out there. Unfortunately, I've only had time to learn one character, so it'll probably be boring playing against me (although I try not to have a lame style).

I want to play your Gouken some more! U1 through fireballs all day lol

How was the connection on your side? It was yellow for me, but CA to MI wasn't so terrible.
Yea I thought he would pick up on that when I selected U1, unfortunate for me you already know it punishes. And the one time I was able to read a headbutt I timed it all wrong. Yea, I'll play more Gouken against you next time. It's not like I was sandbagging or anything, I've just been a little tired of the old man, a little soul searching on the character select screen at the moment as I've taken a liking to rushdown/mixups, but I'm really liking Yun. I'd play him even if he was mid/low tier. Hell both of my other mains are in that category.

Kadey said:
Remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRu6441LYCs LOL.

Saty commented in it long before he joined GAF.
I remember that video. MarkMan made a post about quitting the FGC (on SRK?) due to haters. I knew whatever he would go on to do he'd excel because if he could make a bunch of smelly nerds swallow their pride and buy a Madcatz product with all the negative rep that company had pre-TE, then he could do anything. I'm glad he stuck around doing his thing.

Kadey said:
Call me crazy but for some reason I think Vanilla still looks the best.
Not on PS3. Vanilla drops to 630p during Ultra cutscenes, winposes and command grabs. Super brought parity with the 360 version (at least visually)

Imm0rt4l said:
Yea I thought he would pick up on that when I selected U1, unfortunate for me you already know it punishes. And the one time I was able to read a headbutt I timed it all wrong. Yea, I'll play more Gouken against you next time. It's not like I was sandbagging or anything, I've just been a little tired of the old man, a little soul searching on the character select screen at the moment as I've taken a liking to rushdown/mixups, but I'm really liking Yun. I'd play him even if he was mid/low tier. Hell both of my other mains are in that category.

That's cool. I actually I just need more matchup experience in general, so don't feel like you need to play Gouken against me. I need to get familiar with Yun as well.

zlatko

Banned
cackhyena said:
Turbo. Man...I just don't get how someone feels winning with that.

I turn it on in laggy matches to be honest as Yang. You try hitting any combos online when you get into a slideshow match. It's weird, because before AE I never had to do this since I played Abel and his combos aside from step kick ones are easy to do. People will mash against you like crazy as Yang online and so I have to hit those jab into mk then into slashes combos to have a chance.

Not sure who would actually gain anything from turbo online though in a normal match with good net stability. Bipson short short short into scissors I guess from a turbo light button or if you wanted to do Ehondas hundred hand slap.

Imm0rt4l

gutabo said:
How is blanka a counter to the twins? I can see how honda can kinda zone them out, but blanka? What is it that I'm not seeing here?

Hey saty, I'm sorry about the twins :(
I don't know really other than apparently Yun(at least) seems to not have any answers to electiricity. I remember in Oichis interview Daigo said that Kindevu called him to ask how to deal with blanka. He might not be a counter though, but Daigo said that blanka gave yun some trouble. Maybe things have changed since.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lobby is still on. Just not streaming. Nobody is on and SS is going on. Can't really miss that since this is one of the rare times I can watch it for a while.

hitsugi

I think Guy does really well against the twins. His wake up options against them aren't too safe, but there's enough to work something out. Sloppy dive kicks or generally anything unsafe can get U2'd and his c.MP, s.LP and s.LK all do well against dive kicks. It's a fun match.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Axis said:
you really need to play jlai. so sick.

not to say anything bad about lost fragment cuz <3 dat NAH fragment.

even tho you didn't gg me back after i ultrad your c.mp in ranked :( (i'm vexco)

Hard to say a game was good when you lose because the other guy did a mad random ultra a half a screen away and you just happened to do something other than block a second earlier.

jlai

Lost Fragment said:
Hard to say a game was good when you lose because the other guy did a mad random ultra a half a screen away and you just happened to do something other than block a second earlier.

i lol'd

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lost Fragment said:

Vex learned from the best! XD!

So we finally have enough Japanese to do a US vs JPN 5v5 exhibition. But with the announcement of a Marvel 3 East vs West exhibition already, I guess that may not happen.

2460y8n.jpg

zlatko

Banned
I had a Dudley player message me today complaining about the twins because he lost to my Yang. I asked him why he thought full screen machinegun blows would be a smart idea against me after I punished it twice no problem.

It's pretty funny that the few messages I got full of salty tears about Yang, have just been to people who are doing the most unsafe shit on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom