• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

Grifter said:
Lost Fragment's been giving me the business online. Best Makoto online, regional category, original outfit division.

you really need to play jlai. so sick.

not to say anything bad about lost fragment cuz <3 dat NAH fragment.

even tho you didn't gg me back after i ultrad your c.mp in ranked :( (i'm vexco)

USD

cackhyena said:
The look they gave each other at that troll message from the Sagat player after they got beat by him was so funny.
booooooo2mm0.gif

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:
Really? None of you saw Kara palm combos coming? The first ones surfaced a couple of weeks ago now.. It's Yun.
I never really played 3S and I don't really pay attention to the intricacies of each character in SFIV. Plus the game just came out. So no, I did not expect an easily confirmable 500+ damage super combo.

hitsugi

XenoRaven said:
I never really played 3S and I don't really pay attention to the intricacies of each character in SFIV. Plus the game just came out. So no, I did not expect an easily confirmable 500+ damage super combo.
Saying the game just came out is omitting the months of play it's received in arcades before it reached the greater majority. It's corner only and no one is throwing out random mp shoulders

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:
Saying the game just came out is omitting the months of play it's received in arcades before it reached the greater majority. It's corner only and no one is throwing out random mp shoulders
I'm going to venture a guess that a shoulder combo confirmed off of a low poke isn't going to scale the eventual GJ combo to the point where the resulting damage would be much less than 500. And it's not like Yun has trouble putting someone in the corner. Let's not pretend this is just a training mode combo will no real match application.

zlatko

Banned
XenoRaven said:
I'm going to venture a guess that a shoulder combo confirmed off of a low poke isn't going to scale the eventual GJ combo to the point where the resulting damage would be much less than 500. And it's not like Yun has trouble putting someone in the corner. Let's not pretend this is just a training mode combo will no real match application.

Yup. Not to mention at some point in the fight you might get hit with a focus attack, he busts out an ultra 1, then does the 10X palm follow up.

This is definitely ridiculous shit...and Yang has that wake up bug. I'll laugh if Desk finds something similar for Yang players lol.

USD

You guys do realize that combo is Dhalsim-only, right (MiniBossBattle gets it, at least)? Dhalsim is the only character that has a floaty juggle state like that. Any other character would fall out after a few reps.

XenoRaven

USD said:
You guys do realize that combo is Dhalsim-only, right (MiniBossBattle gets it, at least)? Dhalsim is the only character that has a floaty juggle state like that. Any other character would fall out after a few reps.
I honestly wasn't sure. Desk didn't specify in his initial blog post.

jman2050

USD said:

Thus why I specifically mentioned sim players.

USD said:

Yep. That just makes it worse :(

Not 100% sure but if you hit Yun with Yoga Sniper at a certain distance, he can EX lunge punch you afterwards? I felt he was punishing me on hit and on block.

Edit: I need to stop posting this salty-ness I feel like Kuma & Super Threi. AE Threi sounds giddy.

USD said:

MBB is a sim user, so he knows the pain, and also why Saty and FC were mentioned.

Damn. At this point, it looks like I miiiiight be able to go to EVO, but I wouldn't be able to save up enough cash to actually enter anything. Such a tough call.

Also, a friend of mine (the same one who bodied me with Seth last night) was talking to F.Champ a couple of days ago. He told me that Champ, jokingly or not, was thinking of learning Hawk on the side just for the Yun matchup.

Satyamdas

Banned
Like the_log_ride, I just shake my head at Yun derpness. It literally only took about 7 or 8 matches for me to realize just how completely absurd Sim/Yun is. It's already a hopeless 8-2 match up, so Yun being able to do that extra retarded damage doesn't factor in at all. And on top of that, Yun is attracting the easy-mode braindead crowd (many of them migrating from nerfed Cammy no doubt), so I don't have faith in many of them being able to do consecutive (much less one) kara palms anyway.

Professor Beef said:
Damn. At this point, it looks like I miiiiight be able to go to EVO, but I wouldn't be able to save up enough cash to actually enter anything. Such a tough call.

Also, a friend of mine (the same one who bodied me with Seth last night) was talking to F.Champ a couple of days ago. He told me that Champ, jokingly or not, was thinking of learning Hawk on the side just for the Yun matchup.
Is Hawk really an advantageous match for Yun?

_dementia said:
Is Hawk really an advantageous match for Yun?
Divekicks cannot be hit above Hawk's waist, otherwise it's a free 360.
EX Dive and Spire beat all forms of Palm clean.
Lunge Punch has to be spaced just right, or it's a 360 (or worse).
Free Super after a blocked Shoulder.
Because of the life difference, all trades are in Hawk's favor.

The only thing Yun really has on Hawk is Genei-Jin, and it's only troublesome if GJ is going to kill. Yun has an absolute terrible time against any competent Hawk (i.e: one that doesn't spam dives and SRKs). This isn't to say that Yun is free to Hawk, but it's probably one of his worst matchups.

Imm0rt4l said:
Yun has a tough time against grapplers in general is the consensus.
I also hear that Bison and Ken give him trouble.

Professor Beef said:

The only thing Yun really has on Hawk is Genei-Jin, and it's only troublesome if GJ is going to kill. Yun has an absolute terrible time against any competent Hawk (i.e: one that doesn't spam dives and SRKs). This isn't to say that Yun is free to Hawk, but it's probably one of his worst matchups.
Good to know. I'll counterpick Hawks with shotos when necessary.

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:

I also hear that Bison and Ken give him trouble.

yea bison is tough,blanka gives them a hard time as well, I hear Juri and Ibuki have some anti twin tech, but Im not sure on the matchups.

gutabo

Imm0rt4l said:
yea bison is tough,blanka gives them a hard time as well, I hear Juri and Ibuki have some anti twin tech, but Im not sure on the matchups.
How is blanka a counter to the twins? I can see how honda can kinda zone them out, but blanka? What is it that I'm not seeing here?

Hey saty, I'm sorry about the twins :(

mbmonk

Hex said:
Anyone know if anybody has any deals on AE this coming week?
Still waiting to pick up a hard copy for PS3.

Yea. The only deal I know of is the one _dementia linked to, but I have a subscribed to a couple of websites that post gaming deals so if I hear of any I will post them in this thread ( as long as that is acceptable ).

Hex

Banned
mbmonk said:
Yea. The only deal I know of is the one _dementia linked to, but I have a subscribed to a couple of websites that post gaming deals so if I hear of any I will post them in this thread ( as long as that is acceptable ).

Cool, I have $15 at Kmart and $15 at Toys R Us but neither seem to have it in their ad.

cackhyena

Relix said:
If you are an XBL Warrior you have fought him at least once since the Vanilla days. And he's still as bad as ever. =P
Ah, I've only been on XBL since a little before AE, so I guess I've been fortunate in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom