• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
Hard to say a game was good when you lose because the other guy did a mad random ultra a half a screen away and you just happened to do something other than block a second earlier.

please, i was right outside of c.mp range and ultrad on movement...revisionist history ftl. definitely wasn't random as it was simply to catch hayate but you did c.mp instead and considering we both had very little life and her c.mp blows up c.mk xx arrow.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Axis said:
please, i was right outside of c.mp range and ultrad on movement...revisionist history ftl. definitely wasn't random as it was simply to catch hayate but you did c.mp instead and considering we both had very little life and her c.mp blows up c.mk xx arrow.

Serious business bro.

Anyway, Makoto's cr.mp is 22 frames total. Cammy's U1 has 10 frames of startup. So you would've had to react to the cr.mp within 12 frames to whiff punish it. Being able to react to something in 10 frames is considered amazingly exceptional, to put it lightly. But you reacted to my cr.mp in 12 frames and whiff punished it with an ultra. Online.

You didn't react to shit. Revisionist history indeed.

I dunno why you'd want to risk punishing a hayate on reaction with ultra anyway when it's pretty easy for Cammy to punish them. Maybe I'm just not remembering right, but I'm pretty sure you weren't low enough on health to be chipped by a hayate anyway. If you had blocked the cr.mp and done an ultra expecting a hayate, that's more realistic.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
Serious business bro.

Anyway, Makoto's cr.mp is 22 frames total. Cammy's U1 has 10 frames of startup. So you would've had to react to the cr.mp within 12 frames to whiff punish it. Being able to react to something in 10 frames is considered amazingly exceptional, to put it lightly. But you reacted to my cr.mp in 12 frames and whiff punished it with an ultra. Online.

You didn't react to shit. Revisionist history indeed.

I dunno why you'd want to risk punishing a hayate on reaction with ultra anyway when it's pretty easy for Cammy to punish them. Maybe I'm just not remembering right, but I'm pretty sure you weren't low enough on health to be chipped by a hayate anyway. If you had blocked the cr.mp and done an ultra expecting a hayate, that's more realistic.

i was at chip range for hayate, EASILY. i buffered and ultrad on movement...i didn't somehow react to it instantaneously...it just involves hitting 3 buttons at once lol. you were cornered and basically had 2 options: poke and buffer hayate on block to chip or raw hayate to chip...jumping = dp so that wasn't an option. mak c.mp OWNS cammy c.mk for free so ultra was the most logical step as 1. even if you blocked you would be chipped to death and 2. it hits, i win anyway. what's so hard to believe about that? so yes, you aren't remembering correctly...i'm not mashing ultra after being hit by a c.mp to try to catch hayate...never have and never will. i'd rather take my chances in making the correct guess instead of hoping i can ultra between your cancel

edit: this isn't me talking shit or bigging myself up at all...i just wanted to correct saying i was half screen away and did it randomly when i didn't; i sent the GG message because it came down to that in the first place...was a good match...you were more than welcome to look at the replay and see my inputs and why i spaced it out to where i did. =/

edit 2: definitely not serious business, i was just ribbing you with the gg statement...not sure how it made it to this loooool

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Axis said:
mak c.mp OWNS cammy c.mk for free so ultra was the most logical step as 1. even if you blocked you would be chipped to death and 2. it hits, i win anyway.

If you had just thrown it out there and I hadn't already committed to something I could've just jumped over it. Mashing qcf + ppp to counter ultra usually makes Mak's U1 lose since it has quicker startup, and thus, less invincibility than most ultras, but delaying the input so that it wins still isn't incredibly difficult.

I don't dispute that you threw the ultra out at that time for a reason, but I have a hard time believing that you reacted to the whiffed cr.mp quickly enough to whiff punish it. If I'm wrong, I apologize. And I also apologize if I've come off too harshly here.

But yeah, I didn't respond 'cause I was salty. I would think that lots of people get kinda salty when they lose to stuff like that.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Whoever was mentioning the dropped inputs thing online...I think I was really feeling it tonight. Was ridiculously frustrating, and I don't remember that happening nearly as often in SSF4/SF4.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
If you had just thrown it out there and I hadn't already committed to something I could've just jumped over it. Mashing qcf + ppp to counter ultra usually makes Mak's U1 lose since it has quicker startup, and thus, less invincibility than most ultras, but delaying the input so that it wins still isn't incredibly difficult.

I don't dispute that you threw the ultra out at that time for a reason, but I have a hard time believing that you reacted to the whiffed cr.mp quickly enough to whiff punish it. If I'm wrong, I apologize. And I also apologize if I've come off too harshly here.

But yeah, I didn't respond 'cause I was salty. I would think that lots of people get kinda salty when they lose to stuff like that.

1. yeah, even if you had just wiggled the stick i would have done it...i was simply going off of movement because i expected you to try to chip me with hayate as i really only had a pixel or 2 of life left but you didn't have much more. it was nothing more than a lucky read based on screen positioning and the good options you had(ie: not jumping). also with no meter i didn't have any other way to whiff punish c.mp as everytime i tried to do it to jlai the c.mp would hit my c.mk when i threw it out :mad:

you're good on the harshness; i don't really take it personal...i just like to play. <3 fragment

i would've been salty, too >:eek:

Rocwell

Random ultras ain't random if they hit. That's just a good read. I know I've eaten my share of 3/4 screen ultras going for chip with ex hayate.

V_Arnold

It is easy for our ego to call it random ultra when we get hit by it, but it might just as be a good read at a good point, that is about it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Its a read. I've managed to ultra shotos when they are still doing the motions for the hadoken. I kinda already expected it after XX amount of time and pressure and let it go. Most of the time SF is a game about prediction.

cackhyena

LeMaximilian said:
Whoever was mentioning the dropped inputs thing online...I think I was really feeling it tonight. Was ridiculously frustrating, and I don't remember that happening nearly as often in SSF4/SF4.
Yeah, it's something I notice every time I play now. I tell myself just in case it is on me.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Relix said:
Its a read. I've managed to ultra shotos when they are still doing the motions for the hadoken. I kinda already expected it after XX amount of time and pressure and let it go. Most of the time SF is a game about prediction.
I bet it helps the lag keeps them from blocking it.

cHaotix8

Axis said:
what's gooooooooood dre? when you and joe heading to japan?!

Joekage said:
Japan trip postponed until later. Passport office bodied me :( will still be attending EVO though.

Lastfm_Xzibit.jpg

Rocwell

_dementia said:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2466/5855806417_ebf58a45ba_z.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
wtf is Ricky wearing in this pic? Looks like nylons and grandma's pink panties. He doesn't look too happy about it either, did he lose a bet or something?

Fosh

Neo Member
Rocwell said:
wtf is Ricky wearing in this pic? Looks like nylons and grandma's pink panties. He doesn't look too happy about it either, did he lose a bet or something?

He said he was feeling lazy haha. That dude has some confidence.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
All I know is that the f'd up perspective makes it so Daigos legs looks like they're hella short.

Corky

LakeEarth said:
Is there anything worse than a phonecall in the middle of a match? I don't think so.

Yes, if the person is Nature calling, and it's urgent...

zlatko

Banned
Rocky_Balboa said:
Lose stiffness of your stick?

You can still finish the match. Unless the fire starts from your console!

From the amount of heat my 360 produces, odds are that would be where it starts.

Corky

I want to play SF again :(, but if I do I have smash my testicles against a cactus and then dip them in sulfuric acid.

But I really want to play.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky said:
I want to play SF again :(, but if I do I have smash my testicles against a cactus and then dip them in sulfuric acid.

Don't do it, bro

Corky said:

Damnit bro, play with me. I haven't played much since launch week apart from when Rocky blew me up a little while ago so my Yun will suck even more than he did. You can slowly learn how to defeat the twins by going against him.

Corky

Spirit of Jazz said:
Damnit bro, play with me. I haven't played much since launch week apart from when Rocky blew me up a little while ago so my Yun will suck even more than he did. You can slowly learn how to defeat the twins by going against him.

Sigh I can't quit this game, hit you up tomorrow? I need a good "get rid of the rust" marathon session.

Anyone here think that Yang is a little too good and unbalanced? yun isn't so bad but yang, YANG! it's like he can do everything and safe too.

Any gaffers want to play me? not done that since hyper fighting years ago, 360. I usually roll rog or ken 99% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom