• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablohead said:
Anyone here think that Yang is a little too good and unbalanced? yun isn't so bad but yang, YANG! it's like he can do everything and safe too.

Any gaffers want to play me? not done that since hyper fighting years ago, 360. I usually roll rog or ken 99% of the time.
I think Yun is better.

Imm0rt4l

Diablohead said:
Anyone here think that Yang is a little too good and unbalanced? yun isn't so bad but yang, YANG! it's like he can do everything and safe too.

Any gaffers want to play me? not done that since hyper fighting years ago, 360. I usually roll rog or ken 99% of the time.
They're both too good, Yun is better overall though.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
I think Yun is better.
Daigo agrees.

..and most everyone else. I think Yang is more fun to play with double launch, double dive kick whiff into uppercut combos

...but they really don't do much damage and require FADC for a set up.

AZ Greg

Lost Fragment said:
Hard to say a game was good when you lose because the other guy did a mad random ultra a half a screen away and you just happened to do something other than block a second earlier.

Lost Fragment said:
You didn't react to shit.

hippolol4dv38gb.gif

Shout outs to GAF member Spoon Type R getting all bitch made when I jokingly called him out for mashing srk.

He even took me off his friends list, LOL.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
black_vegeta said:
Shout outs to GAF member Spoon Type R getting all bitch made when I jokingly called him out for mashing srk.

He even took me off his friends list, LOL.
Don't act like you haven't gotten salty too.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The salt flows strong lately. Everyone should have ft10s to settle this shit and have Kadey stream them live for GAF's amusement. Losers commit seppuku. Or something.

Lost Fragment said:
The salt flows strong lately. Everyone should have ft10s to settle this shit and have Kadey stream them live for GAF's amusement. Losers commit seppuku. Or something.

Deal, I want Eissan, if it wasn't bad enough that he took the glory of winning the Scrub tournament which I should have been apart of, he also stole my points from XBox Live earlier today. It should have been me with the glory and recognition, if only I had my Xbox sooner ;_;

Just got back from eating at Dennys with some friends after a local tournament. Took first place in AE and got a crisp $20 as my reward. Sure, there were only 5 people including myself, and the usual killers weren't there this time, but a win is a win and don't you dare take that away from me. ;___;

Lost Fragment said:
I agree with this. Conceited can finally attempt to get his revenge against my Super Saiyan swag.

Professor Beef said:
Just got back from eating at Dennys with some friends after a local tournament. Took first place in AE and got a crisp $20 as my reward. Sure, there were only 5 people including myself, and the usual killers weren't there this time, but a win is a win and don't you dare take that away from me. ;___;

I agree with this. Conceited can finally attempt to get his revenge against my Super Saiyan swag.
Congrats! Who did you play?

_dementia said:
Congrats! Who did you play?
If you're asking if I played anyone notable, the answer is nobody.
If you're asking who I played as, I used Hawk all the way to Grand Finals, and switched to Ibuki. There was only one guy there playing Yang, and he was only doing first day-combos, nothing special. The best player there was using Claw, Boxer and Blanka. His Boxer was on point, but it didn't seem like he had much confidence in him. He was mainly using Claw, even though his Boxer was better.

Imm0rt4l

That's cool Beef, I had a chance to enter a tourney yesterday, but I ended up stream monstering. I really should be more active in the local scene since I'm in the cities back from school. I've never entered a tournament before.

Edit: Actually I entered EVO last year.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
SamVimes said:
Cool, maybe you can add me, my GFWLtag will be the same as Vanilla: "NobbyNobbes" (too bad for the typo).

Will do :), eu-gaf needs to stick together.

bigben85 said:
I wonder how many will pick up Seth as alt now lol

Nobody, honestly only Poongko could have done what we saw out there with Seth. Nobody else would be able to do it because nobody has invested so much time and energy into this character like he has. Like I said earlier, Daigo plays 5 hours a day, please, Poongko plays 20.

kirblar

bigben85 said:
I wonder how many will pick up Seth as alt now lol
I think Zangief/Hawk's high HP/stun still make them way more attractive as counterpicks. You've got to make a lot more correct decisions to win as Seth.

mbmonk

Zaro said:
Is there any way to use a PS3 Fightstick on PC?

Yea. The only catch is if you have a motherboard that uses the Nvidia chipset (nForce boards)

Street Fighter IV
Q: My PS3 Arcade FightStick (TE and Standard) or PS3 FightPad is not working on my computer.
A: The PS3 SFIV TE/SE FightStick and FightPad does not officially support the PC, but should work with PCs that do not make use of a NVIDIA® chipset. If a workaround is discovered, we will post more information for you here.

Supposedly you can just buy a USB PCI card that uses the VIA chipset install it and then plug your stick into those USB ports.

I plan on doing this very soon as AE comes out on PC early next month.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LakeEarth said:
Is there anything worse than a phonecall in the middle of a match? I don't think so.

Marky messaging you at 2 am that hes horny and cant sleep.

Might run an endless later. I am still sooooooooooooo drunk.

Corky, I'll probably play tonight. Not for a couple of hours, but maybe around 22.00 - 24.00 of this year's world's hockey championship silver medalist time.

Corky

Rocky_Balboa said:
Corky, I'll probably play tonight. Not for a couple of hours, but maybe around 22.00 - 24.00 of this year's world's hockey championship silver medalist time.

I might be able to be on by then but I'm not quite sure yet. Anywho, I'm not sure how much fun you'd have against my day 0 sagat :3.

Blanka
Balrog
Yang
Sagat....?

I'm gonna save my money so I can hitch a ride with someone and go to EVO (can't afford a plane ticket no matter how much I save). I won't be able to enter anything though since my budget will be going to transportation and food. Still worth it though for a great tournament/great experience. This would be my 3rd EVO, too.

Gonna suck not being able to play in a tournament, but that's what the side-events are for.

kirblar

Very happy to see that they're pushing for a 2012 update to AE. Hopefully AE sells well enough for them to justify the expense. (I'm guessing they'd add two DLC characters along with a mandatory balance patch.)

kirblar said:
Very happy to see that they're pushing for a 2012 update to AE. Hopefully AE sells well enough for them to justify the expense. (I'm guessing they'd add two DLC characters along with a mandatory balance patch.)
Where did you hear this?

Corky

kirblar said:

I'd kill for that really, I know certain people just want SF4 series to die but if they add more chars ( and not that ffs capcom, trials, stages, etc ) and balance the game even more then I couldn't be any happier.

But 2012 is far away and if I really had to choose between two extremes I'd rather have an AWESOME balance change tomorrow than a new iteration next year .

@dementia

Ono tweeted it. / trollno

kirblar said:
Ono's been twittering up a storm. Eventhubs has some of the relevant ones translated. (When I say "they", I refer to Ono/Seth/SF team.)

Nice... It's nice to hope for things, but at the same time let's not push back development on new games.

BitchTits

What the f. is it with people in this game - it really brings out the worst in them. Just getting back into the game after a break and trying out new characters - people using their old mains, trashing you then sending hate mail! Isn't it the loser that's supposed to do that?!

Corky

BitchTits said:
What the f. is it with people in this game - it really brings out the worst in them. Just getting back into the game after a break and trying out new characters - people using their old mains, trashing you then sending hate mail! Isn't it the loser that's supposed to do that?!

I'm going to torture my mortal enemies with SF XBL :

- Lose a game horribly, I mean horribly and undeservingly -
- Dude leaves after winning that one and only game -
- Sends you "roflmaousuxXo0rz!!11!one!!11"

-Have a nice set against a dude, think you're having a decent time for once-
-Dude leaves after winning one match

-Get paired with someone who is actually good-
-You lose several games in a row but it's all good since you want to learn-
-Finally win a game, score is now 234 - 1 to him-
-Dude leaves

-Join a lobby with guys from all over the world and everybody has green bars!-
-Your turn-