• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
DryEyeRelief said:
Jaunty from twitter said that honda counters the twins pretty well. Maybe not?

No, Yang pretty much fucks Honda's shit badly, same with Yun. Yang punishes all headbutts on block with HP Mantis... EX headbutt is countered with EX Mantis. :/

USD

Tomorrow is the last match of the BBC×NSB qualifier: Haneyama (winner of Block A) VS Sako (winner of Block B). Starts at 8 AM EST (10.5 hours from now). Haven't been dedicated enough as a stream monster, as I slept through the last several matches, but this one should be interesting to watch.

-PXG-

I'm starting to get back into it. I sucked complete ass yesterday, but today, on the most part I did really well.

Oh, Blanka players...fuck the lot of you.

hitsugi

_Xenon_ said:
LOL typical crapcom rush job. They just can't get the new characters right on the first try. The first batches of new characters are either ass (DJ, Makoto, etc) or overpowered like gangbusters (yun yang bro, adon).

How much different is it than any other bad match up vid? Adon is overpowered? There is ONE legit Adon... practically in the world right now.

oh, wait.. why am I bothering here..

_Xenon_
Doesn't understand fighting
game fundamentals

Adon is considered overpowered now? And man, people not knowing how to punish and apporach new characters on the first few days of release must mean that they are going to be so OP in the long run.

Threi

notag
finally some good video showing deejay's AE changes :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T30WyKWFpR0

most noticeable change obviously is that his slide is shorter and faster. Won't be the worst slide in the game for much longer :lol

its only a counterhit in deejay's recovery frames, not when the projectile is out. Big sigh of relief there.

st.lk xx sobat works now (shown at ~4:00 in)

only the first hit of far st.mk is cancelable (at ~ 8:10). I don't know if this will be very useful in the long run

at around 11:25 it shows that his close st.hk now juggles (i think?) when it hits as an anti air.

Apparently his U1 is still just as useless as before, and with dash u2 being easier it serves almost no purpose now.

_Xenon_

Banned
dragonballjoseph said:
Adon is considered overpowered now? And man, people not knowing how to punish and apporach new characters on the first few days of release must mean that they are going to be so OP in the long run.
People don't know how to punish Adon JK back in EVO and they still can't today (unless you use gief). A -3/-1/-1 move is safe by all means no matter how hard you try. Besides, rufus/yun/yang dive kick isn't something new in this game. Tell me how you stop a good rufus' dive kick pressure with all your meterless reversal nerfed.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Played Makoto for the first time in a while tonight. I played like 20 or 30 matches, and only lost 2 or 3 of them and beat a 14k Rufus somewhere along the way. Feels good to not play a character for a while, then pick them back up and still do pretty well. I can't do that shit with Viper. If I don't play her for a week I'm hella free until I get my mojo back.

_Xenon_ said:
People don't know how to punish Adon JK back in EVO and they still can't today (unless you use gief). A -3/-1/-1 move is safe by all means no matter how hard you try. Besides, rufus/yun/yang dive kick isn't something new in this game. Tell me how you stop a good rufus' dive kick pressure with all your meterless reversal nerfed.
I usually just stand Fierce or EX uppercut Jaguar Kick. Ultra 2 if I've got it.

Axis

_Xenon_ said:

crouch tech OS with c.fp with cammy

lk+lp+fp. if he jumps, he gets fierced...if he grabs i tech...there's ways to blow it up tho

_Xenon_ said:
You can knock him out of jaguar kicks with buttons. And their animation aren't that fast, so you can react to them.

And you can crouch jab (or whatever high normal) or OS rufus dive kick pressure.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Bahahaha, they replaced the japanese gate with a circle gate? I tried playing Hyper Fighting a few months back an an arcade. Circle gate is so ass.

Adon is not OP, but he's definitely underrated. No one has ever been able to explain to me how he's low tier.

-great normals
-fast wakeup
-tons of safe on block shit
-combo into ultra

Can someone please tell me how he's low tier? I'm honestly interested.

Timedog said:
Bahahaha, they replaced the japanese gate with a circle gate? I tried playing Hyper Fighting a few months back an an arcade. Circle gate is so ass.

Adon is not OP, but he's definitely underrated. No one has ever been able to explain to me how he's low tier.

-great normals
-fast wakeup
-combo into ultra

Yeah fuck Adon!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
PROTIP: More people should backdash on wakeup. Nobody online ever backdashes on wakeup and it blows my mind. Yeah you can be blown up pretty hard if you get too predictable with it, or you're fighting someone that uses a lot of anti-backdash option selects, but sometimes you just have to mix it up.

Also, I got some mad yomi.

I really need to start keeping better track of stun.

Timedog said:

-great normals
-fast wakeup
-combo into ultra

I think the gist of it is: he doesn't do a lot of damage, doesn't have any good combos unless he's right next to you, and his specials--while good--are also exploitable.

But I don't know much about Adon though tbh, that's just the impression I get.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
BotoxAgent said:
Play more Chun players :p

Yeah sometimes Chun players do it, sometimes Rose players do it. Those are usually the only ones that ever do it though. They're at the opposite end because when they do it, they usually do it too much.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
12225.jpg

DarkoMaledictus said:
Seriously retarded, and they removed cammy dive kick to add idiotic stuff like this... talk about overpowered! Official new sagat...

I didn't know people from the cammy thread LostFragment posted migrated here. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I just read on the Makoto board on SRK that she can combo into ex hayate from all light attacks? Disgusting. I think that actually might be a little too good :lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Me and Gr1mlock just came from CTF. He got to play just 1 match, i got 2 matches in before closing :(

I fought Dimension's Guy, Liston's Sagat. won just one round on both, things i noticed:

her dash is tougher to read and punish on reaction, i blew Guy up twice dash up counterhit Hk. lp Fukiagi landed clean twice beating bushin elbow and crossup. I could've won the match but i chose U2 for no reason, landed karakusa 3 times in the match :(. Die ajusted and played a pretty mean wake up on me, Guy's cr short is gonna make a big difference.

As for Sagat, did'nt have the patience for it, should've picked Gouken. I won the first round pretty basically but than the great wall was build and i was eating stuff. Again i got away with alot of Dash up <insert normal here>, one instant FA dash forward a Tiger and i was able to block the second coming shot from mid screen. Did'nt get to use U2 to punish tiger shot Liston was too smart, and landed it as an AA but that was it.

Axekick still sucks( or the same), fw.lp stuff a couple of things, cant judge how better or not Karakusa is, Whole lot of Yuns( some Yangs) in a short stay, Cammy(lol) FADCing drill is tougher or different, Guy can kick people now, and EX twin palms a wall bounce, Genei jin combos after YouHou Ultra...

thats all i got.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
black_vegeta said:
SSF4:AE dlc announcement?

IPW to merge with Versus City, EventHubs, and SRK to form some sort of fighting game website megazord.

DryEyeRelief said:
i think it's a new norcal event involving AE.

lol imagine a "new character tourney".

Probably this though.

edit:

Like an hour and a half of AE footage from Family Fun Arcade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOkh3Ht4sa4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLpi2904tnE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyBdlOuH7k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F97gX1TUtU4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDNhV0CjRrM

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
The only way I merge Versus City with IPW is if haunts comes to Japan and gets kicked out for breakdancing again.:lol SHOTS FIRED.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
_Xenon_ said:
A -3/-1/-1 move is safe by all means no matter how hard you try.
Adon's moves are generally safe on block but unsafe on startup. When Adon jumps to the wall I can just hit HP and it will stuff him like a motherfucker and I don't even have to time it.

I play Adon and my friend plays Guile and I find Ducking and Standing fierce seems to stuff JK a lot. Guile just needs to keep walking backwards and hit fierce, lol. Flash kick does of course as well.

Mœbius

Oichi said:
The only way I merge Versus City with IPW is if haunts comes to Japan and gets kicked out for breakdancing again.:lol SHOTS FIRED.
I'm just visualising Haunts trying to windmill and catching a Japanese girl with his foot, flinging her across the dance floor while yelling "Tiger!".

I would like to continue believing this actually happened.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
pirateben said:
I'm just visualising Haunts trying to windmill and catching a Japanese girl with his foot, flinging her across the dance floor while yelling "Tiger!".

I would like to continue believing this actually happened.

you know, thats not too far off from what actually happened.. :lol

Lost Fragment said:
I just read on the Makoto board on SRK that she can combo into ex hayate from all light attacks? Disgusting. I think that actually might be a little too good :lol

There's no such thing as little to good with mak .

_Xenon_

Banned
Hitokage said:
Adon's moves are generally safe on block but unsafe on startup. When Adon jumps to the wall I can just hit HP and it will stuff him like a motherfucker and I don't even have to time it.
That's Jaguar tooth not Jaguar kick. I don't think anybody would have a problem with JT but as for JK, seriously I don't think you have a better solution for it except 'on reaction DP'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom