• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

zlatko said:
Axis, or anyone I suppose, I'll be on GGPO for most of the day trying to grind out Sean. I'm zlatko on there too, so if anyone wants to help me level up my game in Third Strike lemme know.

vampire>*

Satyamdas

Banned
jlai said:
Guess the consensus is that Saty indeed does suck :(
L2fND.gif

zlatko

Banned
Axis said:
vampire>*

I'm on now. Some kid got pissed at me that I didn't want to rush him down since I know no combos, and I was trying to turtle up and play defensively. I explained to him like 5 times I'm ass, know no combos, and am just trying to see what is safe and what isn't, etc. He wasn't having any of that and got pissed off at me. :/

rivals

Professor Beef said:
The only member I can blow up is Edgeward. :(

Pretty sure you blew me up the one night I played. I've been meaning to play with you guys more but I've been busy as fuck lately. Maybe this week I'll make an effort to do so.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
zlatko said:
You running a lobby in AE right now? Not getting any games in GGPO, and I'd hop on. I have a good connection, but I'm in the USA .

Nah man we've been done for a couple of hours already. We could give it a shot sometime, though I guess we both know deep inside that the games netcode isn't made for intercontinental matches :((((

rivals said:
Pretty sure you blew me up the one night I played. I've been meaning to play with you guys more but I've been busy as fuck lately. Maybe this week I'll make an effort to do so.
I meant verbally blow up. I can mos def hold my own against PSN-GAF.

HiResDes

Just downloaded AE, as a Dictator player what am I in for, how will my weak AA game hold up against the twins. Will I be forced to make the inevitable switch back to Fei or to the troll monster Blanka. Only time will tell.

God's Beard said:
Gootecks compares street fighter to starcraft and mike ross call gen the best because of stance parries, I'm not alone TT_TT
MvC2 has more in common with Starcraft IMO.

zlatko

Banned
HiResDes said:
Just downloaded AE, as a Dictator player what am I in for, how will my weak AA game hold up against the twins. Will I be forced to make the inevitable switch back to Fei or to the troll monster Blanka. Only time will tell.

MvC2 has more in common with Starcraft IMO.

Because Storm Sentinel Cyclops is the 4 Gate of MvC2? :p

Axis

zlatko said:
I'm on now. Some kid got pissed at me that I didn't want to rush him down since I know no combos, and I was trying to turtle up and play defensively. I explained to him like 5 times I'm ass, know no combos, and am just trying to see what is safe and what isn't, etc. He wasn't having any of that and got pissed off at me. :/

i'm in the vampire room if you wanna play...name in there is vexco

Axis

zlatko said:
Don't see you in Vampire Savior or Third Strike.

meh, my fault...had to exit and re-enter but i should be in vampire savior room now if you wanna get some games in. vampire<3

Corky

Professor Beef said:
I actually wouldn't mind seeing Cammy in a full outfit with no ass or legs shown.

But that'd probably cause an uproar of some kind.

Not if it's a full furry suit.

HiResDes

Has anyone ever heard of Liquid SRK? Guy is bodying everybody that comes in no matter their PP...I'm the only to get a round on him out of ten others.

HiResDes

Yun is the Ryan Sheckler of Street Fighter, just had to sit through two consecutive mirror matches in Endless. I miss chocolate already

notworksafe

God's Beard said:
Gootecks compares street fighter to starcraft and mike ross call gen the best because of stance parries, I'm not alone TT_TT
Gen was such a cool character in Vanilla. You could confuse the hell out of people with his stance specific jumps.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
HiResDes said:
You would think they would give him buffs to compensate for him being such a hard character to use....Same with ELF.
Didnt Gen get some good buffs in AE? Let me check...

2 new Target combos: (Mantis):
1st: Crouching Light Kick into Crouching Medium Kick.
2nd: First hit of Standing Hard Punch into Standing Medium Kick.
Both Medium Kicks can be Canceled now, so go for more damage by Canceling into his Specials.
Standing Light Punch's hittable box from his elbow and onward has been deleted, so it's harder to get hit out of now.
Crouching Medium Punch's start up is faster, so it's possible to link from Standing Light Punch and Crouching Light Punch.
Crouching Medium Punch can now be canceled.
Standing Hard Kick's range slightly increased. Good for footsie.
Ultra 2 downward hitbox improved.
Traveling speed for Crane Style's Ultra 2 is faster, making it easier to connect with now.
During backdash, he's airborne right after invincibility wears out.

Corky

Again I feel like the game has been become more balanced across the board if you disregard the twins...

...which is dubious since they're a part of the game. But still.

Fosh

Neo Member
Gen got a lot of normal buffs and some target combos, but the main nerf was the removal of invincibility on his EX Oga. Thats why you dont see him so much anymore.

zlatko

Banned
Thanks for the games again Axis. I feel like I learned a little more on some good footsies in a few of the match ups, and I feel a little bit better on hit confirming into Supers. I still feel totally mind fucked in the Chun Li match up though.

My Sean is the best! :p

Axis

zlatko said:
Thanks for the games again Axis. I feel like I learned a little more on some good footsies in a few of the match ups, and I feel a little bit better on hit confirming into Supers. I still feel totally mind fucked in the Chun Li match up though.

My Sean is the best! :p

chun is fucking stupid in 3s...my first time playing 3s in a loooooooooong time and i never played it much anyway...but Q>*

ken was alright to play...if i could kara throw consistently i'd have more fun with him just like kara command grab with Q(which seems impossible right now)

N4Us

When I played Gen in original Super in ranked, I got more hatemail for him than any other character. Even when I lost.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Corky said:
I'd kill for that really, I know certain people just want SF4 series to die but if they add more chars ( and not that ffs capcom, trials, stages, etc ) and balance the game even more then I couldn't be any happier.

But 2012 is far away and if I really had to choose between two extremes I'd rather have an AWESOME balance change tomorrow than a new iteration next year .

@dementia

Ono tweeted it. / trollno

At this point I think SF4 needs to retire for SF5. Time to spice it up a bit!

Rentahamster said:
Anybody care to elaborate a bit on the Dhalsim AE changes, or is there any place that has a writeup with more details than this: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/dec/13/ssf4-ae-changes-dhalsim-bison-akuma-t-hawk-adon/

I was checking around the 'Sim forums over at SRK for the past couple of weeks, but it's pretty dead over there, unfortunately. The long and the short of it is that 'Sim got nerfed. Damage is down on a lot of his normals (I have the numbers somewhere, and I'll post 'em up when I get a chance), with some getting reduced below vanilla numbers (st.HP, IIRC). st.LK is 4 frames now, but b+lk is the same, except for the dmg nerf.

It's nice that you can combo into EX Flame now, but the damage is just a tick more than LP flame, so I don't really use it. I'd rather save that meter for EX fires or Super. It's also nice that db+MP got faster, but I haven't fully incorporated it yet.

All in all, it's tougher for 'Sim this go around. Reduced damage on normals and Super make fights last longer, and any Sim knows that no life lead is big enough for Sim. The matchup vs the twins, and Yun specifically, is hellish as can be.

I'm sure Saty can chime in, too. It's always been fun winning a set with 'Sim. In AE it's even more so.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the_log_ride said:
I was checking around the 'Sim forums over at SRK for the past couple of weeks, but it's pretty dead over there, unfortunately. The long and the short of it is that 'Sim got nerfed. Damage is down on a lot of his normals (I have the numbers somewhere, and I'll post 'em up when I get a chance), with some getting reduced below vanilla numbers (st.HP, IIRC). st.LK is 4 frames now, but b+lk is the same, except for the dmg nerf.

It's nice that you can combo into EX Flame now, but the damage is just a tick more than LP flame, so I don't really use it. I'd rather save that meter for EX fires or Super. It's also nice that db+MP got faster, but I haven't fully incorporated it yet.

All in all, it's tougher for 'Sim this go around. Reduced damage on normals and Super make fights last longer, and any Sim knows that no life lead is big enough for Sim. The matchup vs the twins, and Yun specifically, is hellish as can be.

I'm sure Saty can chime in, too. It's always been fun winning a set with 'Sim. In AE it's even more so.
Hmm, the damage nerfs are odd considering the reasons they gave for his damage "buffs" for Super last year. Perhaps they improved the hitboxes a little to compensate?

Couldn't you already combo into EX flame after back+fierce? If it's easier to combo now, that doesn't really help all that much since the damage on it got nerfed anyways. Besides, like you said, saving for EX fireballs or Yoga Inferno is much more useful.

If back crouch medium punch helps to counter dive kicks better, then I guess that's ok...

Dartastic

I like seeing people talk about how they want SF 5, etc etc. Don't even think about that. SF x Tekken should be the game to be excited about.

cackhyena

Dartastic said:
I like seeing people talk about how they want SF 5, etc etc. Don't even think about that. SF x Tekken should be the game to be excited about.
I'd rather have SF5. I kinda hate the art style they're going with as well. Just looks shittier than SF4 to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom